Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default school shooting in NJ?

I just found this. AP released it just a few hours ago...

school shooting

The year has JUST begun and already it's happening What's wrong with people??!!

School already???

Damn our schools are not even back in for another month. When do they get out for summer?
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Wow... that's horrible. And to think I'm looking at colleges up that way....

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    School already???

Damn our schools are not even back in for another month. When do they get out for summer?
    The Bristol, TN City Schools got out somewhere around the last week of May. The Sullivan County school system went back Monday (yesterday) but Bristol's won't go back until the 9th, which I Thursday, I think.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

This wasn't your typical school shooting. It was late at night. Incredibly tragic, yes, but I don't think it should be thought of as a "school" shooting. It could have been anywhere young adults hang out at night, but happened to be in a schoolyard.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Well yeah, that's true. Perhaps AP should modify their headline. Anyways, it's still scary

As for actual school shootings, I hope it doesn't happen, but the way things are going you can tell one isn't far off.

MembersZone Subscriber

This was NOT a school shooting. This was four people sitting in a school playground listening to music. Several men surrounded them, shot one female, lined the other three up against a wall, allegedly robbed them, and shot them in the heads execution style.

Newark and the surrounding Essex County towns like Irvington, EO, Orange, etc. have become more lawless than ever. Gangs have taken over and are administering their "justice" on a nightly basis. IMO, there is no hope for this city. They can build all the arenas, stadiums and concert halls they want. The criminals have won.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    Well yeah, that's true. Perhaps AP should modify their headline. Anyways, it's still scary

As for actual school shootings, I hope it doesn't happen, but the way things are going you can tell one isn't far off.

I was referring to the direction I saw the discussion going, not your thread title.

Thanks, George. That's what I was trying to get across.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    This was NOT a school shooting. This was four people sitting in a school playground listening to music. Several men surrounded them, shot one female, lined the other three up against a wall, allegedly robbed them, and shot them in the heads execution style.

Newark and the surrounding Essex County towns like Irvington, EO, Orange, etc. have become more lawless than ever. Gangs have taken over and are administering their "justice" on a nightly basis. IMO, there is no hope for this city. They can build all the arenas, stadiums and concert halls they want. The criminals have won.
    That's terrible. Is there any type of curfew the PD can enforce? Yeah, building stadiums and stuff will just give them clean walls to paint on Don't they have a gang task force like some other cities do? Perhaps they should get one

But yeah, I read school yard shooting, and thought, here we go again. Even after reading the story. It was late, I was tired, and more than that, sick and tired. You'd like to think you could send your kids to school without worrying about them getting blown away.

MembersZone Subscriber

That's terrible. Is there any type of curfew the PD can enforce? Yeah, building stadiums and stuff will just give them clean walls to paint on Don't they have a gang task force like some other cities do? Perhaps they should get one

But yeah, I read school yard shooting, and thought, here we go again. Even after reading the story. It was late, I was tired, and more than that, sick and tired. You'd like to think you could send your kids to school without worrying about them getting blown away.
    Yeah, the Newark PD is trying to work with the Crips, Bloods, MS-13 and Latin Kings to set up a 10 PM curfew.

Yeah, the Newark PD is trying to work with the Crips, Bloods, MS-13 and Latin Kings to set up a 10 PM curfew.
    Thanks George I think I just ****ed myself.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

A gent I knew who was a city councilman (for about a week) had a good idea: Take all the gangs, lock them in the local stadium with all the guns, ammo and whatever other implements of destruction they may choose to have available, come back in 72 hours and arrest the survivors.
    He made this comment in open Council chambers and was the subject of the fastest recall in California history.

Back to You, Walter.

Be safe, Y'all

Jimmy
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt. (When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!)

I still find it amusing that someone from Tennessee read a news clip from an Arizona newspaper, about a shooting in NJ. Damn, there's a lotta miles in that story.

SapphyreBlues, you are correct. It is a shame that "we" have to worry about kids getting shot in school. Newark is not a pretty place. There are a couple nice areas, but for the most part, it's a place to avoid.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Well what I was getting at is this. If they're only hanging around the PD can't arrest them. They can only do that if they are caught committing a crime. so if they're loitering around after curfew, it gives them a reason to arrest them, thus getting them off the street. If they resist arrest, well the PD isn't issued clubs and guns for nothing

I thought the Tuscon newspaper thing was strange too. But that's the AP page I got it from

I couldn't imagine having kids nowadays. To tell you the truth, I worry about my cats when they're outside. I'd go nuts if I had kids in school.
    Last edited by SapphyreBlues; 08-07-2007 at 02:51 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    I still find it amusing that someone from Tennessee read a news clip from an Arizona newspaper, about a shooting in NJ. Damn, there's a lotta miles in that story.

SapphyreBlues, you are correct. It is a shame that "we" have to worry about kids getting shot in school. Newark is not a pretty place. There are a couple nice areas, but for the most part, it's a place to avoid.
    Once you eat the Portugeuse food Down Neck, you will be hooked forever.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well what I was getting at is this. If they're only hanging around the PD can't arrest them. They can only do that if they are caught committing a crime. so if they're loitering around after curfew, it gives them a reason to arrest them, thus getting them off the street. If they resist arrest, well the PD isn't issued clubs and guns for nothing

I thought the Tuscon newspaper thing was strange too. But that's the AP page I got it from

I couldn't imagine having kids nowadays. To tell you the truth, I worry about my cats when they're outside. I'd go nuts if I had kids in school.
    You honest to God don't have even a remote clue, do you?

Once you eat the Portugeuse food Down Neck, you will be hooked forever.
    That is true. My ex-brother in law came here from Portugal. Many trips up there.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

You honest to God don't have even a remote clue, do you?
    As to gang warfare, I can say, Thank God I don't. I live in a town that's pretty safe. I was just tossing random ideas out. I know you can't keep people for loitering. But the resisting arrest for doing it - and you know they would resist - could get you a bit more time off the street. But far more often than not, I suppose it just results in a dead policeman.

They need to get some anti-gang techs in there. But if it's nearly as bad as what y'all have said, it may just be too late. All I can say is just wait around for them to break out in a complete gang war and they'll just kill each other off. Until the next generation is recruited.

If it gets really bad, do you suppose they could put it under martial law for a while? Bring in the military and tell them they gotta do what they gotta do to clear the streets of those people? Sounds like an idea to me.

Anyways, like I said, I was just putting out random thoughts about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

As to gang warfare, I can say, Thank God I don't. I live in a town that's pretty safe. I was just tossing random ideas out. I know you can't keep people for loitering. But the resisting arrest for doing it - and you know they would resist - could get you a bit more time off the street. But far more often than not, I suppose it just results in a dead policeman.

They need to get some anti-gang techs in there. But if it's nearly as bad as what y'all have said, it may just be too late. All I can say is just wait around for them to break out in a complete gang war and they'll just kill each other off. Until the next generation is recruited.

If it gets really bad, do you suppose they could put it under martial law for a while? Bring in the military and tell them they gotta do what they gotta do to clear the streets of those people? Sounds like an idea to me.

Anyways, like I said, I was just putting out random thoughts about it.
    An anti-gang initiative....I wonder why Newark PD -with 3-5 gang-related shootings a week-didn't think of that?

I was right. You don't have a clue.

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimMccarthy View Post
    A gent I knew who was a city councilman (for about a week) had a good idea: Take all the gangs, lock them in the local stadium with all the guns, ammo and whatever other implements of destruction they may choose to have available, come back in 72 hours and arrest the survivors.
    Then they can sell a video game based on the event and solve all their budget problems.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information