Thread: Free Flyingkiwi

Forum Member

Thumbs down Free Flyingkiwi

The webteam has decided to ban flyingkiwi for busting chops on these forumns. I think they went way overboard, this is an outrage. Busting chops is a longstanding fire service tradition. Kiwi should be able to fly free around these forumns.
    FREE THE FLYINGKIWI!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Thumbs up We shall overcome

Its been said before

Let my People go!
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

He's been banned? And if that's what he's been banned for, then A LOT of people on this board are going on hiatus

How long is he "temporarily inactive" for?

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Teachers can't even use red ink anymore because it is too "negative" for the children so they switched to purple. Soon purple will be the new red. What is the world coming to?

What is my point you might ask? People need to get a thicker skin.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Hook & Can

Quote Originally Posted by NYSmokey View Post
    People need to get a thicker skin.
    Yup. Makes me begin to realize that this place has become the Jerry Springer Show of forums, for the most part. Might be a sign that spending time elsewhere will be more educational. Just need to get some of the crusties to post more frequently over there. Maybe this will be the incentive?

Forum Member

Teachers can't even use red ink anymore because it is too "negative" for the children so they switched to purple. Soon purple will be the new red. What is the world coming to?
    Purple eventually won't work either. I've heard before that "purple" is the color of sexual frustration. So I can see where that's gonna go "You caused my 13 year old to go out and get knocked up because of your subliminal use of purple!"

Forum Member

What is my point you might ask? People need to get a thicker skin.
    Amen to that Smokey.

Free FlyingKiwi!!!!!!!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

bunch of horse hockey
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

He's been banned? And if that's what he's been banned for, then A LOT of people on this board are going on hiatus
    And many of us have been, will be, and are...if someone reports it. As you mentioned, there are many threads with far worse language in them on the boards right now. If people would quit crying to the "Webteam" every time their feelings are hurt, we wouldn't have to worry about it. I was recently banned for a "personal attack" and I don't even know which thread or post in which it was posted...the entire thing magically "disappeared" before I could even see what it was I did wrong. They had to have reviewed the thread and saw the comments made towards me, as well. But, since I didn't report it, I got banned and nobody else did, apparantly. A few years ago when I actually cared a little more about being here, I reported some rather nasty comments made towards me. Nothing was ever done. Now, it seems the "Webteam" is out to make a point, banning people at the drop of a hat...or tear, I guess. Of course, "they" will post the usual sad story of how they don't have the manpower to moderate the forum on a daily basis. Boo hoo. Their Draconian measures will always seem unfair, so long as you have people who run crying to the "Webteam" and others who are willing to let roll off their backs and move on. Of course, the "Webteam" may see this post as a personal attack against them and ban me again. To avoid this, I'm going to attach multiple smiley faces to the end, proving I'm really happy and mean no harm!

Forum Member

I can understand if something got really out of hand and the attacks became very personal. Then something needs to be done. But when it comes to people just flapping their gums, let it go. Good gravy, it's the internet. A message board. If the worst thing that's happened to you is someone sitting states or even countries away called you names, then you lead a simple life.

But yeah, it can get out of hand. I know that from personal experience. Things can be said that are extremely uncalled for.

Not saying that's what's happened here. I'm not the WT.

Forum Member

i give up. what did he do?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

It was in the Pike Poles thread, nm.

Ridiculous, if you ask me. A lot more offensive ***** gets slung in here on a daily basis than what Kiwi said.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Question

Maybe the web team will accept this cake as a peace offering!
    Last edited by coldfront; 10-04-2007 at 12:48 AM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

WHAT WOULD FLYING KIWI DO?

Bring him back.

You (the WT) let all the trolls get away with trying to egg us on and draw us in so they can report the GOOD GUYS and cause problems. Look at how long you've let people like Trojan Horse or Hot Trotter get away with everything, and you go after Kiwi for ONE post? You let LaFire crucify our brothers and yet there is nothing done about it? I KNOW posts were reported, so it's not a matter of ya'll not seeing it.

The rules need to be enforced EQUALLY. Right now it's anything but that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

FlyingKiwi asked me to post this in the IACOJ chat.

Our jailed brother would like to thank all of you for the support. It is greatly appreciated by him, and by the rest of us at the IACOJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

I rarely post here, mainly for the reasons mentioned here and other forums. When I first started coming here, this was a great place to ask questions, discuss issues and debate like adults. It now seems that, in many cases, when someone disagrees with you, they immediately resort to name calling and personal attacks. What compounds the problem is the fact that the individuals responsible for overseeing this operation no longer really care. I have read the excuses; limited manpower, more work than staff. It would appear that this particular punishment was arbitrary and capricious, and unjustified. The comments made by FlyingKiwi may have been harsh, but as has been pointed out by many before me, there are far worse things being entered into these forums, all without punishment. It furthers reduces the credibility of an organization already mired in problems.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Well..............

Y'all haven't seen bashing yet.

www.thewatchdesk.com

www.bluegrassrules.com

Those have a lot more of it than here.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I'll agree about the watchdesk HWoods. I've seen some of the stuff that comes outta your County's fourm on there. While a lot of it is very very funny it makes this place look like it's a joke in the bashing department.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

I will wear this with pride!

Forum Member

Talking kiwi...

which kiwi are u flying lately lmao

Thread Information