Thread: Rant

Forum Member

Default Rant

I just read a few things that angered me.
    Hillary Clinton wants to pass a bill that will bail out the homeowners that took part in HIGH RISK home loans. 1 out of 10 people defaulted on their high risk loan and the dem's want to bail them out. Slap in the face of everyone else, 9 out of 10 people who work their arses off to make their payments. Whats next the government bailing people out of credit card debt? My parents struggled to pay theirs off, but they worked their arses off and did it. The key to the entire store is that these loans were HIGH RISK and the people knew it. It just send the message to the public that oh, you cant pay, well we will pay for you.

Rant # 2. NYC public schools will soon have an Arabic school as one of their public schools? The so called principal has many ties to extremist groups and has no experience or training in running a school. A few weeks to go and the school doesnt have teachers or a certified curicula. That should be a private school and should not be paid for with Tax dollars.

Rant #3 Another bill in progress will tax peoiple with private health insurance to pay for government insurance programs. Im sory but i dont work my but off to get my insurance. Now i will have to pay more so the government can give it out? Another slap in the face of the working class.

It seems like the gap between the classes is getting bigger and bigger. The middle/working class is getting screwed at all levels.

Rant off
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Well I found out 2/3 of your problems you're ranting about...the 1st and 3rd are all about congress. Congress = gov't = politicians. But yeah, I can certainly understand your being miffed about this.

As for #2...I am having a hard time replying to this part without saying something to cause me to be being permanently banned. Let me give you something to think about though. Muslims don't like Jews or Christians. Yet more and more come to a country that is filled with both? Am I the ONLY ONE that sees something ain't right here???? If I'm allergic to chocolate, I'm not gonna work at the Hershey factory. If I despised a group of people, I'm certainly not gonna go live amongst them.

I think, and I hope and pray to God that I'm wrong, that we'll soon be sorry that our borders were left so open. Anybody remember 9/11? If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it

Forum Member

As for #2...I am having a hard time replying to this part without saying something to cause me to be being permanently banned. Let me give you something to think about though. Muslims don't like Jews or Christians. Yet more and more come to a country that is filled with both? Am I the ONLY ONE that sees something ain't right here???? If I'm allergic to chocolate, I'm not gonna work at the Hershey factory. If I despised a group of people, I'm certainly not gonna go live amongst them.
    You need to grow up and get a damned clue, for one thing. Do you even know any Muslims?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey View Post
    Rant # 2. NYC public schools will soon have an Arabic school as one of their public schools? The so called principal has many ties to extremist groups and has no experience or training in running a school. A few weeks to go and the school doesnt have teachers or a certified curicula. That should be a private school and should not be paid for with Tax dollars.
    We should ask the French, Dutch or the rest of Europe how well appeasement is working out for them.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Let me clarify that...I'm NOT talking about all Muslims. I am talking about the ones like those who pulled 9/11. The comment about the borders being open, yeah, they need a better screening process. If that guy who's to be principal has known extremist ties, why did they let him in, or why aren't they deporting him? And if he's American, why aren't they getting him for treason? I know I generalized the Muslim population. No they aren't all like that. And some don't like Christians or Jews. But you just can't look at them and decide if they are extremists or not. Just need better background checks. I'm hoping the ones that are coming in aren't like the hijackers.

I hope that made sense....

MembersZone Subscriber

As for Hillary’s bailout of high risk loans, I can’t believe anyone of the Washington insiders voting yes for this.

Taxing the middle class is a fact of life here in the good old USA. How does it go, “son the only sure things in life is death and taxes”.

As for number two I really do not care who comes here as an immigrant. If they come here to add value to this great nation that’s great. If they come here to change our nation into some thing else…don’t bother even buying a ticket. Stay where you are and keep you’re ideas and you issues there too!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    You need to grow up and get a damned clue, for one thing. Do you even know any Muslims?
    Why don't you give us some clues? If you have anything to add, please do.

If the principal is known to be an extremist and has no experience (and this is all just a bull crap PR sensitivity stunt) then it isn't even worthy of considering opening this school. (Anyone who thinks we need ethnically specialized PUBLIC schools needs to take a trip in the time machine back to the 1960s).

Though, this news is rather old. It's probably been approved by now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/04/ny...gg&exprod=digg
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Why don't you give us some clues? If you have anything to add, please do.
    Nah. Feel free to continue the hate.
    I know I generalized the Muslim population.
    Well, stop doing it, eh?

If only the Native Americans had had border control when the white man showed up, huh?

Forum Member

Nah. Feel free to continue the hate.

Well, stop doing it, eh?

If only the Native Americans had had border control when the white man showed up, huh?
    Yeah, keep beating me with the hate stick. I hate people so badly that I'd rather have a non-biased public education system that focuses purely on the basics that all kids need in order to have a shot at a successful life.

This has nothing to do with border control. I don't lose sleep over the Native Americans (despite being in the bloodline), and you're full of s}{it if you say you do. I hope you kept the receipt on those fake tears.

It's this: the principal has no training or experience, and there are no teachers or curriculum, and this school opens in a few weeks - those sound like valid reasons to shut it down before it even opens.

Forum Member

It's this: the principal has no training or experience, and there are no teachers or curriculum, and this school opens in a few weeks - those sound like valid reasons to shut it down before it even opens.
    My comments were addressing her generalization of Muslims, based on the actions of a relatively few.
    Yeah, keep beating me with the hate stick. I hate people so badly that I'd rather have a non-biased public education system that focuses purely on the basics that all kids need in order to have a shot at a successful life.
    Never said you didn't.
    This has nothing to do with border control. I don't lose sleep over the Native Americans (despite being in the bloodline), and you're full of s}{it if you say you do. I hope you kept the receipt on those fake tears.
    Just a little perspective, that's all. And the suffering they endured is not lost on me, nor is the irony between the two situations. If it doesn't bother you, then by all means, don't let it. I mean, it's not like it means anything, right?

Forum Member

You took that way out of context. When I posted my first post, it sounded like I was saying that about all of them. That's why, in my second post I said,"I know I generalized the Muslim population." And immediately following that I said, "No they aren't all like that." Not to mention the very first sentence of my second post was, "Let me clarify that...I'm NOT talking about all Muslims." Yes, generalizations are bad. Why do you think I took the time to clear up what I said?

As for border control, and better screening - I don't care if you're Muslim. I don't care if you're even Swedish. If you are a shady character, you have no business here. Are all muslims and Swedes shady? No. If your background is questionable, they shouldn't just let you in, then keep an eye on you. You don't need to be here. Period.
    Last edited by SapphyreBlues; 08-08-2007 at 12:48 AM.

Forum Member

Nozz continuously takes things out of context. He is an intelligent person and knows exactly what the poster means - but frequently runs off the deep end with anything he can.

He will eventually call you a racist - like he has called me one - without having any substantiation for doing so. Nor will he post any record of you making racist posts or past racial intents. It is strictly because you disagree with him.

He rails against anyone with a religious belief, yet here he wants those with a particular religious belief to have their own publicly funded school apparently. One must just love the hypocracy of ideology.

As for Hillary Clinton's plan.....I would expect nothing less from a person in the "progressive" crowd. You made a bad financial decision? That is OK, we will pay for your mistake and inability to pay your bills.

Perhaps the Senator would like to pay off my $94,000 in student loans. I mean I should have known better than to take on debt right?

No different than the chronic underfunding of our nation's federal highways that were called for this week to have tax increases to pay for it (a vital national need mind you) but not a mention of cutting spending on the pork that these same twits fork out every year.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Nozz continuously takes things out of context. He is an intelligent person and knows exactly what the poster means - but frequently runs off the deep end with anything he can.
    Bull****. I took what she meant to be exactly what she posted. She only offered the correction after I called her out on it. Nice try, though.
    He will eventually call you a racist - like he has called me one - without having any substantiation for doing so. Nor will he post any record of you making racist posts or past racial intents. It is strictly because you disagree with him.
    You keep bringing this up, yet you don't mention the particular instance when I ask you to do so. I have offered my apologies more than once if I was in error and to let it go. Yet, you keep playing games with it. You decide now how you want to handle it. Bring it up again, and you'll be on my ignore list from now on. Is that clear?
    He rails against anyone with a religious belief, yet here he wants those with a particular religious belief to have their own publicly funded school apparently. One must just love the hypocracy of ideology.
    Ah, Sharkie's favortie tactic. He knows full well I despise religious nonsense in any shape or form. My issue was with her generalization of an entire group of people, something that happens all too much in rightwing hate radio these days.
    As for Hillary Clinton's plan.....I would expect nothing less from a person in the "progressive" crowd. You made a bad financial decision? That is OK, we will pay for your mistake and inability to pay your bills.
    Predatory lending practices are reknown these days. People are losing their homes and livlihoods, based on some obscure legalese buried in the details no Joe Public could ever understand. Many lenders are taking advantage of people and it's time it stopped.

Forum Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080700003.html
    Damn! A whole billion dollars?? We could extend the occupation of Iraq for another week or two with that kind of money! What is she thinking??

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Whoa.................

Predatory lending practices are reknown these days. People are losing their homes and livlihoods, based on some obscure legalese buried in the details no Joe Public could ever understand. Many lenders are taking advantage of people and it's time it stopped.

This comment should be Printed and prominetly Posted in every Lending Institution, of any kind, in the U.S.

Also, There were two cases here in my area over the past three years where a senior citizen, living alone, lost their home to a tax sale. In both cases, the persons ability to comprehend the seriousness of their failure to pay a small municipal tax bill APPEARED to be compromised by medical problems associated with the onset of Dementia. In both cases, there was no family in the area, and no one to look out for them until it was too late. But the Biggest outrage was that the guy who bought the properties (Yeah, same sleazebag in both cases) flat refused to work with anyone in settling the matter.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Bull****. I took what she meant to be exactly what she posted. She only offered the correction after I called her out on it. Nice try, though.
    Did I catch what I said after I posted - even without you calling me on it? Yes. But I have a life outside of this board, and excuse me if I don't get right on it

"Yeah sure grandma I'll be in there to re-bandage your foot wound in a minute... but right now if I don't get this reposted and cleared up, the sun will quit burning, the world will quit turning, and God help us all the dog will bite the mailman!"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    This comment should be Printed and prominetly Posted in every Lending Institution, of any kind, in the U.S.

Also, There were two cases here in my area over the past three years where a senior citizen, living alone, lost their home to a tax sale. In both cases, the persons ability to comprehend the seriousness of their failure to pay a small municipal tax bill APPEARED to be compromised by medical problems associated with the onset of Dementia. In both cases, there was no family in the area, and no one to look out for them until it was too late. But the Biggest outrage was that the guy who bought the properties (Yeah, same sleazebag in both cases) flat refused to work with anyone in settling the matter.
    Well now that is just wrong right there. It's actually worse than wrong. That's cruelty to the elderly. There is no compassion anymore for old folks

Did it sound kinda funny to you that the same guy bought both houses? I should hope he didn't know about their conditions before the tax sale. If he did...well what comes around goes around.

Forum Member

My comments were addressing her generalization of Muslims, based on the actions of a relatively few.
    You mean like your frequent generalization of conservative, right-wing Republicans ( which I consider myself) based on the actions of a relative few?

Forum Member

Not a try, you have a history of doing so frequently. You do it to me all the time.

You keep bringing this up, yet you don't mention the particular instance when I ask you to do so. I have offered my apologies more than once if I was in error and to let it go. Yet, you keep playing games with it. You decide now how you want to handle it. Bring it up again, and you'll be on my ignore list from now on. Is that clear?
    So freaking ignore me. Be childish, I don't care. I have more important things to worry about than whether you like me or not, or listen to what I have to say. I don't recall ever reading your apology, but I will take it as it is now. However, you have referred to many here as racists for their beliefs about illiegal immigration without substantiation. You will likely continue to do so and I will call you on it.

Ah, Sharkie's favortie tactic. He knows full well I despise religious nonsense in any shape or form. My issue was with her generalization of an entire group of people, something that happens all too much in rightwing hate radio these days.
    Yet you make generalizations about the Right all the time. You lump myself and many others here into a category that you know is not accurately depicting of them. Simply because we espouse different views than yours.

And I hear the same generalizations about the Right coming from Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives (whatever the hell they want to be called this year) but you have yet to take them to task for it.

You appear to justify the need for this school and defend its existence yet do nothing of the sort for any other use of the "precious" public monies for our failing public school system. Why is one religious school different than any other?

I know all about predatory lending practices. To a point there may need to be government oversight. But to pay off someone's house loan? Come freaking on. That is asinine. What is next, high-interest car loans? Pay-Day loans? Where are you going to stop spending the money Nozz?

The bank directors ought to be locked up and jailed for their criminal actions. But for the federal government to use tax dollars to pay off the loans of privat citizens is ludicrous.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080700003.html
    Damn! A whole billion dollars?? We could extend the occupation of Iraq for another week or two with that kind of money! What is she thinking??
    I could not care less about the cost. Where will it end Nozz? What is next?

We going to bail out credit card debt? Car loans? It's only a few billion dollars. I mean what the hell, right? You can pay off other people's debt. I choose not to.

Forum Member

So freaking ignore me. Be childish, I don't care. I have more important things to worry about than whether you like me or not, or listen to what I have to say. I don't recall ever reading your apology, but I will take it as it is now. However, you have referred to many here as racists for their beliefs about illiegal immigration without substantiation. You will likely continue to do so and I will call you on it.
    The majority of the anti-immigration right is racist. I don't need "substantiation" to call it like it is. I hear it every day.
    Yet you make generalizations about the Right all the time. You lump myself and many others here into a category that you know is not accurately depicting of them. Simply because we espouse different views than yours.
    I make no generalizations when I contradict what I view as racist comments, regardless of who writes or says them. The right wing is reknown for its racist activity.
    You appear to justify the need for this school and defend its existence yet do nothing of the sort for any other use of the "precious" public monies for our failing public school system. Why is one religious school different than any other?
    You are a liar. I haven't written the first word in defense of this school. I addressed the comments made by a single member on this particular thread in which she generalized every Muslim as not liking Jews or Christians. Stop with your nonsense.
    The rest of your statement concerning predatory lending and the program to protect people from it is the usual misleading, mealy-mouthed crap I expected out of you. I hope that one day when you're on the verge of losing your health and everything you own, you'll remember your sorry attitude as the creditors kick you and your family to the curb. Of course, that will never happen to you, will it? You're much too smart for that, aren't you?
    I'm through with your crap. Don't bother responding...I won't read it.

Forum Member

The majority of the anti-immigration right is racist.

Have you seen that kettle, Mr. Pot?

Banned

The majority of the anti-immigration right is racist. I don't need "substantiation" to call it like it is. I hear it every day.
    Where is this anti-immigration group? What I see is a majority of Americans who are against ILLEGAL immigrants. There is a huge difference there. And just to set the record stratight, the illegals come here from every country, not just Mexico.

As for Billary and hey whacked out ideas, god help us if she gets elected. Of course she tried and failedon a National health care plan once already, probably becuase the American public as a whole doesn't want anymore governement give aways. Her plan to help those with bad mortgages is just plain terrible. Perhaps if the government would leave a little more cash in our pockets we could pay those loans.

Forum Member

i didnt expect this thread to go south so quickly
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    Did it sound kinda funny to you that the same guy bought both houses? I should hope he didn't know about their conditions before the tax sale. If he did...well what comes around goes around.
    They are advertised in newspapers all the time for a minimum of 3 weeks in advance. Smart investors know it's a good way to get property cheaper. Nothing funny, nothing shady, just some simple research. And many times, you can contact the owner directly, before the sale, and make them an offer. Sometimes they accept that before going to sale.

It's a real shame that family will lose touch with their own relatives and allow this to happen.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information