Forum Member

Post Ok!Obama may have the crossover Vote!

July, 2007

Female firefighter who used to be a man backs out of Obama dinner
    Obama is scheduled to dine with four supporters Tuesday night in Washington.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Four supporters of Barack Obama were getting a rare chance to dine with the Democratic presidential candidate Tuesday night, with one change to the guest list.

Florida firefighter Jennifer Lasko, chosen from among thousands of small-dollar donors, declined her invitation after local media reported that she used to be a man named John.

Aides to the Illinois senator said they weren’t aware of Lasko’s sex change before inviting her, but they encouraged her to attend after the news reports surfaced. Lasko decided that she did not want the attention that the dinner would attract.

“We would have loved to have her at the dinner with Senator Obama and the other guests,” said Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki. “We hope they have the opportunity to meet at another time.”

The campaign invited Christina Cheatham, a rising senior at Georgia College and State University, to take Lasko’s place. Cheatham entered the dinner contest with a $5 donation and was rewarded with an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, including a site-seeing tour and dinner at a steak restaurant.

She said she wanted to ask Obama about health care first, but also taxes, abortion and other topics that are important to her friends and family.

“I have a really, really long list of stuff,” she said from her cell phone during a visit to the National Archives. “I’m not sure it’ll all come up.”
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

"Our plan is working perfectly......Muuaaahhhhaaahhhaaa!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

And this is news why?

Stand by for the Clinton/Obama ticket next year.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Lightbulb Uhhh............

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    And this is news why?

You, Sir, have hit the nail on the head with that. Sadly.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    And this is news why?

Ask the AP the ran the story I just passed it on.It sad that this cross-gender firefighter felt pressure from somewhere to cancel the dinner date!
    Last edited by coldfront; 08-08-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree Harve....that would be a very sad day indeed.

I might be a refugee from the US. I know, I'll flee to Canada!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    I might be a refugee from the US. I know, I'll flee to Canada!!
    Nah. Just rail against them. They'll raise taxes like they did in 1993 and our wallets will get thinner, government will get even bigger, waste even more money, and we will continue to be called uncaring dolts.

Besides, I recall many Libs saying that they would leave the U.S. when George Bush got elected or "if" he got elected.

Read a follow-up article to that and I think only 1 had.

As for the Clinton/Obama ticket...........If you vote against them, even if it is for Ralph Nader and the "Green Party" you will be acused of being racist and sexist.......Regardless of the fact that neither one of them have ANY qualifications for being President of the United States.

Recall that the last legislator elected to the Presidency was John F. Kennedy despite the tries of numerous since.......

I am disgusted that some scumbag reporter and media group appears to have embarassed the hell out of this guy who wanted to meet the candidate that he chose to support. This is such a non-story and the press has to cover this drivel? For crying out loud, are we now going to have the media going around criticizing everyone who supports a political candidate because of their personal background? The illustrious, never-can-do-anything-wrong Fourth Estate just cost this person their chance to speak face to face with their choice for President. Then they write this glowing, delightful little rant about a college teeny-bopper with not one iota of life experience and how like, oh my God, I hope like I get to like ya know ask him like all of my questions ya know.

No wonder the general public loses more and more trust in the media daily. Freaking disgusting.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Obama won't waste his star power playing second fiddle to Hillary Rodham.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    Obama won't waste his star power playing second fiddle to Hillary Rodham.
    This combination is a pactically guaranteed win. Hillary as President, gets re-elected and then Obama being still fairly young gets to go after the prize after 8 years.

Either way I would not vote for Hillary. She outright lied to the people of New York when she ran for re-election as a Senator and told them (and the public in general) that she would complete her term as Senator before moving on.

This is one reason that I could not vote for John Kerry. He had a job and he chose not to dedicate himself to the task at hand - his current job. At least Bob Dole did the right thing and resigned his position as Senator to take on his Presidential campaign full-time.

Now the people of Illinois and New York will have one less elected voice in office doing their jobs with the attention that needs to be given to them. Pretty sad really.

Of course these sort of politicians always "rush back to Washington" for the really important votes. Ya know what? You are my elected representative - every vote is important. Do the job you were elected to do with all of your might - or freaking resign and pursue your other options.

I feel the same for governors. I like Bill Richardson of New Mexico, but he is the current Governor of that state. The state needs his attention - he does not need to be running around trying to get another job like this. At least resign.

Thread Information