Default My little skeleton

This is my first post, but I feel I do not have much to offer on other threads.
    Here is my skeleton:
    In my senior year of highschool, I was involved in a hazing situation. (typical sports team stuff, never a malice thought) It was not my idea, but my vehicle was used so I received the short end of the stick. Long story short, I was expelled and later let back into school for the spring semester because the school board saw expulsion as to severe a punishment. The situation was blown way out of proportion. The principle pushed the victims parents to press charges. The principle was fired a year later due in part to the way he handled my situation. I was also convicted of a misdemeanor (False imprisonment) as a juvenile because of this incident. I was never arrested or detained. That was 10 years ago and have since spent 7 years in the Air Force with tours to the middle east. I never had any disciplinary problems in the military. I received an Honarble discharge and I am currently a college senior. Heck, the kid we pulled the prank on is now a friend of mine and have been classmates in college. The other student that pulled the prank with me is now a professional baseball player. Its not like we turned out to be criminals.

I know that every department is different, but how do you see this going. I am starting the testing process in Sept. and my chances of getting hired are actually suprisingly good for the fire service except for my one little skeleton.

Forum Member

A non item in your pursuit.

Forum Member

Be honest about it. Let the dept. know that you were a dumb teen and made a life changing mistake. It was 10 years ago, you should fine if you don't try to hide it.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wrb2000 View Post
    Be honest about it. Let the dept. know that you were a dumb teen and made a life changing mistake. It was 10 years ago, you should fine if you don't try to hide it.
    Agreed. Good Luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Declare it on your background and prepare to become a firefighter. Do not place blame on others. You are responsible for your own actions.
    This will NOT cost you a job. Be honest!

MembersZone Subscriber

you made a poor decisions as an adolesant who hasnt but u also proved that u transitioned into an adult. you cant change or hide your past but you can highlite your the things that you have done to get where u are now good luck

Forum Member

Ditto to what BCLepore said.

Thanks for all the feedback. I definitely do not plan to make myself look like the victim. I will focus on my accomplishments after the fact that have shaped me into the person I am today.

Forum Member

Did you pour hot candle wax on his hiney? Perhaps more details would satisfy those of us who thirst for this knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c View Post
    Did you pour hot candle wax on his hiney? Perhaps more details would satisfy those of us who thirst for this knowledge
    We put the kid in the trunk of my car and took him down the road and made him walk back to school. He showed up back at school crying. We figured he could handle it since he was always mouthing off how he was a freshman on the varsity team. Guess he couldn't. live and learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1980 View Post
    We put the kid in the trunk of my car and took him down the road and made him walk back to school. He showed up back at school crying. We figured he could handle it since he was always mouthing off how he was a freshman on the varsity team. Guess he couldn't. live and learn.

haha thats pretty funny...when i was in highschool almost every member of the freshmen football team, myself included, got kidnapped at one point or another by the varsity players and were driven to "the Reservation", a huge forest near our town, in the middle of the night and left to walk home for miles. let me add that as a freshman we were all constantly fed stories about how those woods were haunted by ghosts and devil-worshippers. none of us never complained, kids need to learn how to take hazing a little less seriously.

Thread Information