Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And Y'all

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default And Y'all

Still believe in the carrying personal weapons concept:

Woman Shot At By Angry Driver

POSTED: 5:38 pm EDT August 8, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:25 pm EDT August 8, 2007

WHEATON, Md. -- A woman in her 60s had to duck gunfire when a man lashed out during a road-rage incident on Aug. 2 in the middle of the morning rush, according to authorities.

Police said the shooting happened near the Westfield Shopping Center at the intersection of University Boulevard and Veirs Mill Road in Wheaton.

The victim had to brake abruptly for a pickup truck, police said. She told police that when she tried to maneuver around the truck, the driver fired several shots at her.

Montgomery County investigators want anyone who witnessed the shooting to call them at 240-773-5530 or 301-279-8000.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.

In other stories of the like, good folks are scared to help people out, in case some nut-bar pulls a gun on. Life should not be like that in "Civilized" countries.

But if she had been armed she could of defended herself

This guy broke the law. He needs to go to jail for a long time with a Federal felony conviction on his record.

No one should take my personal guarantees away from me because of someone else's actions. I am not guilty of their actions and law violations.

I still fervently support the second amendment as much as I do every other amendment (currently enacted) in our great Constitution.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know the details, but since it happened in the peoples' republic of maryland, the gun was probably illegal anyway. Laws only prevent the good guys from carrying guns.

that is a scary and crazy story.this guy was really mad.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    The victim had to brake abruptly for a pickup truck, police said. She told police that when she tried to maneuver around the truck, the driver fired several shots at her.
    So not only was he a horrible driver, but he was a horrible shot as well...
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    This guy broke the law. He needs to go to jail for a long time with a Federal felony conviction on his record.

No one should take my personal guarantees away from me because of someone else's actions. I am not guilty of their actions and law violations.

I still fervently support the second amendment as much as I do every other amendment (currently enacted) in our great Constitution.
    AMEN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post

I will second this motion.

I know the first thing wrong with the originally posted story though............... THEY WERE IN WHEATON!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Maybe he was trying to warn her that she was about to enter a school zone?

I agree with the others, send the idiot to jail and leave the other legal gunowners alone.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Lemme tell you what bothers me about gun control. Every single time something happens, people start yelling it. Ok, gun control is good in it's place. I mean, you don't need an AK-47 in your night stand. But other than that, if you're a law abiding citizen, what you're carrying is your own business.

I hope it never happens, but if they did decide to take our guns away, do they honestly think that all the criminals will turn theirs in as well??? The day that happens we'll have to start wearing heavy duty wool socks. Why? Because we'd get frost bite from the frozen hell below us

But I don't really look for that to happen. They'd have to roll back the entire second amendment. And right now congress is too wrapped up in seeing whether or not baseball players are on steroids.

However, just because they won't roll back the 2nd doesn't mean they won't make it hard for gun owners. I can understand background checks. But it's getting a bit out of hand. It's getting to where you just about have to submit a DNA sample to get one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mvfd27 View Post
    But if she had been armed she could of defended herself
    My first reaction.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Ya then you've got a running gun battle through civic streets, between people who (apparently) don't have a clue in the appropriate, effective use of firearms. Yum yum NOT

Although I agree with the "Wheaton" bit.

do they honestly think that all the criminals will turn theirs in as well???
    Sure. Summary Trial. You pack it and make it go "bang" in a public place... you die. Give Law Enforcement full Powers of Punishment. Malicious discharge of any firearm WILL result in death. Too easy. Real cheap too; no trial costs, no lawyer fees, no prison expenses. Done deal.

Yes. There is a great deal of sarcasm in that last statement.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Ya then you've got a running gun battle through civic streets, between people who (apparently) don't have a clue in the appropriate, effective use of firearms. Yum yum NOT

Although I agree with the "Wheaton" bit.
    Yes, and we should quickly make heroin, cocaine, marijauna and all other recreational drugs illegal after taking away the right to bear arms.

Sure. Summary Trial. You pack it and make it go "bang" in a public place... you die. Give Law Enforcement full Powers of Punishment. Malicious discharge of any firearm WILL result in death. Too easy. Real cheap too; no trial costs, no lawyer fees, no prison expenses. Done deal.
    Didn't they make a movie with this concept? I myself would love to blow up a car that was illegally parked in a fire lane.

I AM THE LAW.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

My original post was intended to be sarcastic, hence the rolling eyes at the end, I would definitely agree an old west style shoot-out on the east coast would not be appropriate. Its bad enough you have one clown cranking off rounds recklessly, bring a second into the mix and the day just goes from bad to worse. Leave the gun play and vigilante justice to the movies.

I promise to make my sarcasm more blatant in future lest I create further confusion.

MVFP, I caught that

Its been a heavy couple of days, with fire school - my regular job is really impinging upon my studies and sleep patters. LOL
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MVFP, I caught that

Its been a heavy couple of days, with fire school - my regular job is really impinging upon my studies and sleep patters. LOL
    Been there done that and doing that, so I can relate....but next weekend is the Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois annual fire school in Monroe, WI....so it will be a short work week followed by a couple days of extrication classes. Nothing relieves the stress of daily life like making metal go crunch and smashing glass......

MembersZone Subscriber

Still believe in the carrying personal weapons concept:

Woman Shot At By Angry Driver

POSTED: 5:38 pm EDT August 8, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:25 pm EDT August 8, 2007

WHEATON, Md. -- A woman in her 60s had to duck gunfire when a man lashed out during a road-rage incident on Aug. 2 in the middle of the morning rush, according to authorities.

Police said the shooting happened near the Westfield Shopping Center at the intersection of University Boulevard and Veirs Mill Road in Wheaton.

Montgomery County investigators want anyone who witnessed the shooting to call them at 240-773-5530 or 301-279-8000.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.

In other stories of the like, good folks are scared to help people out, in case some nut-bar pulls a gun on. Life should not be like that in "Civilized" countries.
    One quick question: The report leaves out one very important fact in my opinion. Before I even go into any hypotheticals about wether or not legal gun ownership is a good thing or a bad thing I have one question for you. Did the guy have a LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE? I'm gonna guess not, because you have to be able to hit a target to get one. What criminals do with guns should in no way affect what lawful citizens are able to do with guns.

If a criminal drives drunk and kills a 5 year old boy, they should not be able to come and take my car away.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mvfd27 View Post
    My original post was intended to be sarcastic, hence the rolling eyes at the end, I would definitely agree an old west style shoot-out on the east coast would not be appropriate. Its bad enough you have one clown cranking off rounds recklessly, bring a second into the mix and the day just goes from bad to worse. Leave the gun play and vigilante justice to the movies.

I promise to make my sarcasm more blatant in future lest I create further confusion.
    I don't think it's vigilante justice. It's simply a matter of me looking out for me, and who can I trust to do that better than, well, me. If it's me getting shot at, I can be there within fractional seconds of the first shots being fired, whereas it might take a patrolman a few minutes to get on scene. If anyone else gets saved in the process, they can just put my story in fine print somewhere in the car dealership ads section of the next day's paper.

I do recall the story of the Marine that was circulating around these threads. I noticed that the bad guy lost that one. This lady wasn't armed, and by all means that was her choice (whether or not she's more open to the idea of arming herself now - eh, open for speculation). The bad guy won this one (and it could have been a more one-sided victory for him had his bullets struck her). I feel that we're already in a sad state as a society when someone feels the need to shoot at a 60 year old woman.

It's very hard to get people to understand that most legal gun-toters don't run around with Rambo bandanas and steely eyes. The responsible, law-abiding gun owner is one that you will likely never know is even armed. Like myself, he or she keeps it out of sight and in the back of their mind - Hoping like hell they never have to use it but seeking comfort in knowing it's there if every other venue of avoiding confrontation is blocked.

As for gun play, well, don't play with guns. It leads to injuries.

Edit: Take a look at this. I saw it on MSN this morning. Granted the store owner was not armed (initially), but he had the sense enough to fight back. He wasn't waiting all his life for someone to walk into his store and try to rob him so he could dispense "vigilante justice", but he took advantage of the crook's lapse in judgement, and he's still alive and well and running his store. I think Mr. Alam showed extreme restraint and had every right to fire off a shot at the robber, especially when he came back in for his shotgun (which if you'll notice from the full-length security camera footage that he had a phone in one hand and the thug's shotgun in the other, not exactly the best stance for firing a pistol-grip pump shotgun).

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S161115.shtml?cat=300
    Last edited by GodSendRain; 08-10-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post
    I don't think it's vigilante justice. It's simply a matter of me looking out for me, and who can I trust to do that better than, well, me. If it's me getting shot at, I can be there within fractional seconds of the first shots being fired, whereas it might take a patrolman a few minutes to get on scene. If anyone else gets saved in the process, they can just put my story in fine print somewhere in the car dealership ads section of the next day's paper.

I do recall the story of the Marine that was circulating around these threads. I noticed that the bad guy lost that one. This lady wasn't armed, and by all means that was her choice (whether or not she's more open to the idea of arming herself now - eh, open for speculation). The bad guy won this one (and it could have been a more one-sided victory for him had his bullets struck her). I feel that we're already in a sad state as a society when someone feels the need to shoot at a 60 year old woman.

It's very hard to get people to understand that most legal gun-toters don't run around with Rambo bandanas and steely eyes. The responsible, law-abiding gun owner is one that you will likely never know is even armed. Like myself, he or she keeps it out of sight and in the back of their mind - Hoping like hell they never have to use it but seeking comfort in knowing it's there if every other venue of avoiding confrontation is blocked.

As for gun play, well, don't play with guns. It leads to injuries.

Edit: Take a look at this. I saw it on MSN this morning. Granted the store owner was not armed (initially), but he had the sense enough to fight back. He wasn't waiting all his life for someone to walk into his store and try to rob him so he could dispense "vigilante justice", but he took advantage of the crook's lapse in judgement, and he's still alive and well and running his store. I think Mr. Alam showed extreme restraint and had every right to fire off a shot at the robber, especially when he came back in for his shotgun (which if you'll notice from the full-length security camera footage that he had a phone in one hand and the thug's shotgun in the other, not exactly the best stance for firing a pistol-grip pump shotgun).

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S161115.shtml?cat=300
    I will agree with you on the points about self defense and the fact that concealed carry laws CAN be a good thing. I stress can because I believe there needs to be much education for people who want to go about carrying handguns. It should be more than a simple background check, people need to understand the implications of going armed in public. Just my humble opinion.

Thread Information