Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Minitor 5 standard chargers

Has anyones department had problems with the minitor 5 standard chargers?
    IACOJ

The Min 5 chargers are giving us allot of problems. We are always cycleing through Minitor 5 pagers also. I have a minitor 2 that I have had for 8 years and it is awsome, although I don't carry it all of the time, I usually carry a radio.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

There are no regular/known problems with the standard chargers. The amplifier chargers are a disaster though.

What I have experienced is batteries biting the dust more often than they should be.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

nmfire- we are just starting to get hammered with bad batteries, have had this batch of pagers for about 1yr.

Standard chargers have been fine, we just recieved 5 amp/chaqrgers to replace originals that were recalled.

Forum Member

We recieved 17 V pagers and chargers last year compliments of AFG. We have not had any problems but with one charger and battery (1 month ago) warrenty and they replaced it. The batteries on ours stay charged almost 3 days before needing to be recharged.

so far so good here ...........I am getting great battery use and cycling.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Problem is even the recalled ones suck.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have about 120 in service. I have had to send back about 20 and more yet to go. They just stop working in the pager side of the charger, the battery side works fine. So far they have warrantied them and I hope they continue to until they fix the problem. These are on the standard chargers not the amplified.
    IACOJ

We just got several through a regional purchase (Thank you AFG!). I have had a few standard chargers where the lights will go from red to none. We tried changing batteries and chargers with the same results. I have 2-5's on my desk to be returned under warranty. Once we got the programming where we wanted it, I really like the 5's. They are the best Pager since the 2.

Andy

MembersZone Subscriber

Motorola has acknowledged that there is a problem with the minitor 5 standard charger. The whistle or hum you hear when charging is not normal. They are replacing them if you send them in.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We have had the noise problem also when charging. The new problem is the charger will not charge the battery in the pager slot. If you take he battery out and put it in the back slot it works fine. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?? thanks

I too am having the new problem with the chargers. We just got a new order of Minitor V pagers this week and the batteries charge when in the battery spot but when in the pager spot the charge light does not turn on and the pager is completely dead when taken out of the charger. The weird thing about it is when the pager is in the charger and you turn it on, it beeps, turns on, and activates when the tones go off. The chargers we are using are the standard Minitor V chargers and are fresh out of the box. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiegel View Post
    We have had the noise problem also when charging. The new problem is the charger will not charge the battery in the pager slot. If you take he battery out and put it in the back slot it works fine. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?? thanks
    We have had the same problems with not being able to charge the pager, only the battery in the slot. As far as a fix I think there is a recall for this, I know they replaced ours with no problems. As far as the V goes, we have had nothing but problems. We are constantly getting phantom pages at all hours of the day. I wish Kenwood would make a pager.

Default over 70% of chargers have gone out

I have purchesed several of the V's and noticed the chargers making a high pitched whine and then soon after they will not charge the pager. we have been using the battery charger portion and then switch batteries. i am trying to find out also if motorola will replace the standard chargers.

Default Minitor V Charger/Amplifiers

Motorola has issued a field service bulletin (FSB10068B) for known problems with Charger/Amplifier RLN5869A & RLN5869B. If you have either of these you can return them to Motorola and they will replace it with a RLN5869C. For more info call them at 800-422-4210 and reference the FSB number. Act quickly, it expires July 31st 2009. If you want to view the FSB, go to google and put in the FSB number above.

Thread Information