Forum Member

Default Douglas FD - Hiring FF/EMT (Arizona)

City of Douglas Employment Opportunity
    425 Tenth Street Douglas, AZ 85607
    (520) 805-5507 Fax (520) 364-1585

AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

THE CITY OF DOUGLAS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.

ANNOUNCEMENT #:36-07
    ISSUE DATE: August 7, 2007
    CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2007
    TITLE: Firefighter/E.M.T.
    SALARY: FF/$35,487 - $49,934

JOB SUMMARY: This work includes fire fighting, fire prevention, communications, and emergency medical assistance.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard High School, or GED. Must possess and maintain EMT certification at the time of hire. Valid Arizona Drivers License.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Must obtain State of AZ. hazardous materials certification at the operation level. Paramedics must maintain medic certification to continue function in this classification. If certification is not maintained, incumbent must revert to a mandatory maintenance of an EMT Certification. Must pursue continuing education in medical specialties required by the State. Must obtain an appropriate Arizona Drivers License to operate any vehicle used on the job. Residency within five miles of the corporate limits of the City of Douglas, within the United States, required within a reasonable time after hire date.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit a City of Douglas application form to: City of Douglas Human Resources Department, 425 10th Street, Douglas, AZ. 85607. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2007.
    www.douglasaz.gov

EVALUATION METHOD: Applications will be initially checked for minimum qualifications and screened out by the Human Resources Director according to training and experience. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in an evaluation process.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Best of luck to all,
    AZFF

Forum Member

Bump......................

Forum Member

Bump...................

Forum Member

Default ***update***hiring Again!

***UPDATE*** Hiring again due to an up-coming retirement in the department. 1 position.

AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

THE CITY OF DOUGLAS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.

ANNOUNCEMENT #: 04-08
    ISSUE DATE: January 31, 2008
    CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2008
    TITLE: Firefighter/E.M.T.
    SALARY: FF/$35,487 - $49,934

JOB SUMMARY: This work includes fire fighting, fire prevention, communications, and emergency medical assistance.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard High School, or GED. Must possess and maintain EMT certification at the time of hire. Valid Arizona Drivers License.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must obtain State of AZ Hazardous Materials certification at the First Responder Operation level (FRO). Paramedics must maintain medic certification to continue function in this classification. If certification is not maintained, incumbent must revert to a mandatory maintenance of an EMT Certification. Must pursue continuing education in medical specialties required by the State (CEU's). Must obtain an appropriate Arizona Drivers License to operate any vehicle used on the job. Residency within five miles of the corporate limits of the City of Douglas, within the United States, required within a reasonable time after hire date.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit a City of Douglas application form to: City of Douglas, Human Resources Department, 425 10th Street, Douglas, AZ 85607 (520)805-5507 www.douglasaz.gov Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2008.

EVALUATION METHOD: Applications will be initially checked for minimum qualifications and screened out by the Human Resources Director according to training and experience. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in an evaluation process.

c:ads\04-08

Forum Member

any idea what the eavluation process is? I live in NJ, and don't want to be making several trips back and forth to Az if i can avoid it....... esp if the position will be filled by an already AZ resident.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Usually the written test (100 questions) is held on Monday. The physical agility and interview are held the next day (Tuesday).............Agility in the morning (8 or 9 AM) and interviews in the afternoon (after 1 PM).

I'm from Southern California. I drove out for the first part (10 hour drive from Cal to Douglas). Then I had to come back a few weeks later to speak with the city manager and chief, for about an hour. When I was here for this portion I flew into Tucson and rented a car (2 hour drive from Tucson to Douglas). When I was here for this portion they sent me to have a physical with the doctor, give a urine sample, and submit fingerprints at the police department.

I was on the floor two weeks later. The chief wanted me here sooner to start, but I had to go back to Cali and give my employer a two week notice and pack all my stuff and arrange for a moving truck to rent.
    Last edited by AZFF25; 02-23-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Forum Member

Bump.....................

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by AZFF25 View Post
    give a urine sample.
    Psssst.....How did you pull that one off?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Psssst.....How did you pull that one off?

You don't remember? You came in and held it for me when it was my turn.........

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by AZFF25 View Post
    You don't remember? You came in and held it for me when it was my turn.........
    Yeah, I remember. And then we went down to carnival and got cotton candy.

Good times....

PS- Check this out-
    http://www.break.com/index/psycho-ki...h-myspace.html
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 02-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

anyone can pass a drug test....

its called the Whizinator
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Thread Information