Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Music question...

I'm looking for some "inspirational" music that you would listen to on the way to a working fire so I can add them to my mp3 player. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by robobgs View Post
    I'm looking for some "inspirational" music that you would listen to on the way to a working fire so I can add them to my mp3 player. Any ideas?
    I like pretty much anything in the Metal calss. GnR Welcome to the Jungle is always good or anything from Rob Zombie gets me in the mode.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

I like to listen to Federal Q2B, Grover Stutter-tone, and the call info dispatch passes on to me, but not sure how you would download that to your MP3...

Or a little old school. Metalica "Master of Puppets" album.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

Meanwhile.. In the cab of the rig, while listening to your MP3...

You miiss the first due company officer requesting that your engine to go the second floor for the report of people trapped...

Listen to your music when you are in the station or on your own time!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 08-14-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Meanwhile.. In the cab of the rig, while listening to your MP3..

You miiss the first due company officer requesting that your engine to go the second floor for the report of people trapped...

Listen to your music when you are un the station or on your own time!

Yes sir! I'm not THAT dumb

Listen to your music when you are un the station or on your own time!
    agreed! i dont know about you guys, but when im on my way to a working fire (especially in our first due) we are thinking and *gasp* talking about what we are doing (whos on the hose, whos hitting the hydrant, etc.), not listening to music on our mp3 players.

and why do you need to get "inspirational" music? im sure all this can do is make you overlook your training and insticts and give you the "tunnel-vision" effect that we try (or at least I try) to steer people away from!

EDIT: whoops didnt see the above post
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Meanwhile.. In the cab of the rig, while listening to your MP3...

Listen to your music when you are in the station or on your own time!
    exactly what I was trying to say, Gonz, was just being a bit more sarcastic about it...

Forum Member

Default My fault...

Ok, after all the "duh" comments maybe I should elaborate. I take my mp3 player to work. We run about 500 calls per year so that leaves me with LOTS of down time. I have lots of computer work to do in the station in the meantime so therefore I hook up my mp3 player and listen to music on the computer via the player. Our policy won't allow us to listen to mp3 players on calls and I wouldn't do that anyway because my safety and the safety of my crew is important to me. All I want to do is create a playlist for music to listen to at work to get my blood and adrenaline flowing in case we DO get "the big one". I also make department videos to play at our banquets and could use some songs like those as well. So I apologize for making it sound like I listen to my mp3 player on jobs.

I do want to thank you guys who gave me some music ideas
    Last edited by robobgs; 08-14-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    exactly what I was trying to say, Gonz, was just being a bit more sarcastic about it...
    Man you guy's jumped on that. I will keep music on at the station as well. Don't think I am going to have me head up my a** on the way to a job.

IACOJ
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by 1050major View Post
    Man you guy's jumped on that. I will keep music on at the station as well. Don't think I am going to have me head up my a** on the way to a job.
    Sorry but it was the "...music that you would listen to on the way to a working fire" followed by the "...so I can add them to my mp3 player."
    that gave me the impression the kid was going down the road in the jumpseat with a pair of earbuds screwed into the side of his head...pardon the misunderstanding...

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    Sorry but it was the "...music that you would listen to on the way to a working fire" followed by the "...so I can add them to my mp3 player."
    that gave me the impression the kid was going down the road in the jumpseat with a pair of earbuds screwed into the side of his head...pardon the misunderstanding...
    I noticed that also but figured (well hoped) that wasn't what he was doing. I am a feen for heavy metal to get me in the "go hard" mode and I like to kick it up on the way back to the house.

IACOJ
    Jake

Forum Member

Now that we cleared that up...anyone know of any songs?

Forum Member
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Default electronic devices in the firehouse

while I was brought up in the generation of music and such like all of us were , we have to keep in mind that even "hanging out" some electronic devices can be troublesome, its real easy to allow them to get way outta control if your not careful...

"I was working out in the weight room and never heard the announcement over the PA, I didnt hear the Box are getting to be more and more common issues around my career house right along with 4 or 5 cell phones going off during every training structured or company that we do, Dinner watching a DVD after dinner, in between admin calls and runs as if thatisnt annoying enough right?"

I like tunes as much as anyone but you have top fight the urge to allow it to get too crazy.. or you might be letting the other guys down in a big way.... just a thought ...

"smoke on the water" , deep purple
    Last edited by SMOKEnPipes; 08-16-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information