Forum Member

Default Going Again Friday....

Ok I have been a volunteer for almost 10yrs now. I have tried getting a job at a paid department twice now but keep coming up short on the written test just by a few points. And Here I go again for the third time friday. Does anyone know of any site that has Practice exam that are free to take and look at. Any tips on Situational Questions? Such as questions like.

You are walking in the park and find a kid by him self playing with matches what would you do?

A. Call the fire department
    B. Go and talk to him
    C. Find his parents tell them
    D. Do nothing

I would say B. But what is the right answer. I don't know. This is were I am having the biggest problems I think. I would just like to have a test that would test you on what you already know about the job and not what would you do you another firefighter came to work Drunk. Cause what I do and what you may do could be two different things what are they wanting to hear? Please any site that you all may know off with Practice exams let me know.

Thanks
    Nebo424

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo424 View Post
    Ok I have been a volunteer for almost 10yrs now. I have tried getting a job at a paid department twice now but keep coming up short on the written test just by a few points. And Here I go again for the third time friday. Does anyone know of any site that has Practice exam that are free to take and look at. Any tips on Situational Questions? Such as questions like.

You are walking in the park and find a kid by him self playing with matches what would you do?

A. Call the fire department
    B. Go and talk to him
    C. Find his parents tell them
    D. Do nothing

I would say B. But what is the right answer. I don't know. This is were I am having the biggest problems I think. I would just like to have a test that would test you on what you already know about the job and not what would you do you another firefighter came to work Drunk. Cause what I do and what you may do could be two different things what are they wanting to hear? Please any site that you all may know off with Practice exams let me know.

Thanks
    Nebo424
    Oh that damn drunk firefighter question. It's a staple of every interview you'll ever go on. Honestly the correct answer is that there isn't one. Its a reactionary question designed to see how you handle things. If you go talk to him first to see if he's drunk or find out whats going on, they'll say you don't care about policy and enjoy putting citizens at risk, if you say you'll go straight to brass they'l say you enjoy betraying your brother. Its all a mindscrew. Just take it in stride.

I.E. my interview was designed to crack me. They told me I was a liar, said I neglected to put information on my application, told me 1 of my references gave a bad review, all that fun stuff just to see if I'd come accross the table at him.

Thread Information