Forum Member

Default Need tattoo ideas...

Ok, my one and only son just celebrated his first birthday. I would really like to commemorate it with something special. My wife has his handprint just above her left shoulder blade, and it looks awesome. I'd like to get some ideas from any of you who may have some that celebrate your children. This would be my first tat, and I'd like to really do it right. Right now I'm thinking of getting his name (Jacob) vertically down the back of my tricep. Nothing fancy, just his name. Feel free to post pictures as well.

Thanks.

Badgerland FOOL

Guy on my dept has his son's name surrounded in flame on his forearm. Its actually very cool, the description definitely doesn't do it any justice. I don't have a photo, but take my word for it its very cool, very well done.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is a website that showcases many firefighter themed tatoos

http://strikethebox.com/
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Forum Member

I've seen a lot of people that have a tattoo portrait of their son/daughter, usually on their arm or back. With the right tattoo artist they usually come out pretty good

edit: Found a picture of an example on google:

Last edited by Slaytallica45; 08-15-2007 at 05:54 PM.
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

I always wanted a tattoo of the Misfits(band) skull logo with its mouth open screaming with the teeth showing with a mohawk and flames surround the skull with a big ole swastika in the middle of it. But, I didnt cuz I'm afraid of needles. Please dont do the tribal crap since that is worn out. Do something original and meaning full toward yourself.

Now that I wrote that, I re-read your post and seen that you want something about your son. Thinking of that, you can always do a picture with the date of birth above it and the name below it. OR, wait till he gets older and have him draw his name on something and have the tattoo artist then take his handwriting and match it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    I always wanted a tattoo of the Misfits(band) skull logo with its mouth open screaming with the teeth showing with a mohawk and flames surround the skull with a big ole swastika in the middle of it. But, I didnt cuz I'm afraid of needles. Please dont do the tribal crap since that is worn out. Do something original and meaning full toward yourself.

Now that I wrote that, I re-read your post and seen that you want something about your son. Thinking of that, you can always do a picture with the date of birth above it and the name below it. OR, wait till he gets older and have him draw his name on something and have the tattoo artist then take his handwriting and match it.

That's actually a really good idea. My wife made a handprint of his right hand and found a great artist that copied it perfectly. She gets compliments all the time. I'd like somthing along that line, but I don't think a handprint on my delt would look as good as hers on her shoulder blade.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plattsfire2 View Post
    That's actually a really good idea. My wife made a handprint of his right hand and found a great artist that copied it perfectly. She gets compliments all the time. I'd like somthing along that line, but I don't think a handprint on my delt would look as good as hers on her shoulder blade.
    I have a freind that has his son's foot print on his calf with the boy's name. It looks good.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

Forum Member

i have my sons name written in script on the left side of my chest. i chose to have it there so it would be close to my heart.

Forum Member

I've been trying to think of a tattoo to get with my daughter's name too. I'm trying to think of something that will allow me to get another tattoo just as good for any future kids I may have.

New Products! - Anatomy Sheets, Hospital Helpers

Default To Plattsfire2

Mike,

I was stationed on Offutt AFB from 1994-1996 (with Stratcom though...boring). I am currently writing a book where the main character is an Offutt FF. This is not necessarily what the book is about, but I want the facts to be straight. Can you email me at mikedoyle5@att.net so I can possibly get in touch with you about a few finer details?

Thanks!

Mike

Thread Information