Forum Member

Default Questions about SVI

We are looking at replacing our Rescue Squad. One of the manufacturers we are looking at is SVI. We don't know anything about them. I checked out this Forum and don't see anything as well.
    Any info. good or bad would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    NC
    Last edited by nc1130; 08-16-2007 at 07:26 AM.

Forum Member

We have several older SVI's in our area and the departments love them. I have been told there factory is second to none. I'm sure if you contact them they can send you a user list for your area. Be sure to ask for old and new trucks.

We bought a medium rescue in 1999 and we really wanted to purchase an SVI but our powers to be only gave us enough money to buy a Yugo and that is what we got.

Good Luck!

Forum Member

Smile Svi

Hello: SVI Trucks produces one of the most durable rescue bodies in the USA. The factory is run by professional craftsman, and the management stands behind every apparatus they sell. Check them out for yourself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Questions About SVI Trucks

I'm their dealer in Canada so I'm biased but objective. SVI Trucks is a division of Super Vacuum Manufacturing that makes PPV Fans and Command Light which make Light Towers and this family owned business has operated from Loveland Colorado for nearly 50 years.

The SVI Trucks division has been in busines nearly 30 and produces a complete range of Commercial and Custom Light, Medium and Heavy Rescues as well as Air & Light, Hazmat and Mobile Command Vehicles.

SVI Trucks offer a choice of body materials and have a fantastic CAD system so that at a Pre-Construction you can see the changes being made right before your eyes and also 3D views of the compartmentation with various equipment.

The website has a lot of additional information on the features and recent deliveries but they count many small, medium and large (Metro) FD's throughout North America as valued customers and many of repeat and sole source purchasers such as; Honolulu, Maui, Clark County (Las Vegas), Dallas, Fort Worth, St. Louis, FDNY, Cleveland, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, etc.

Give the factory a call and tell them where you are located and they'd be pleased to provide you additional information and assistance.

Forum Member

Thanks for the infro.
    I have been to their web site, looked around, checked things out. We have spoke to the local distributor.
    I'm not looking for a prepared list of contacts. I'm just asking those that may use them everyday how they like or dislike them, and why.

NC

Thread Information