Thread: Anyone Know

Forum Member

Default Anyone Know

Does Anyone Know Anyone Who Is Hiring Im Looking For A Department To Get Started In Middle Tennessee Peferably Thanks

Forum Member

If you have an EMT license or 60hrs college you can apply with us. We will probably be posting again very soon.

We do more law enforcement than anything, but all of our officers are cross-trained firefighters with nearly half the department EMT licensed.

http://www.flynashville.com/security/

Update**It is not a department to come to, get a butt load of training, and then leave. They have a 5 year contract and will come after you money wise if you attempt to leave.
    Last edited by SgtScott31; 08-17-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Forum Member

lol id love to but thats my problem not emt or college any chance of dropping those requirements ya think?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rblad07 View Post
    lol id love to but thats my problem not emt or college any chance of dropping those requirements ya think?
    Always a possibility. Check into the flynashville.com website under employment. That's where the position (and requirements) will be posted when we are hiring again.

Forum Member

1) Do you get much actual fire?
    2) What if you do not have but had EMT? (Also FF1/FF2/FESI1?)
    3) Do they allow you to volunteer?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Resq1scnd2none View Post
    1) Do you get much actual fire?
    2) What if you do not have but had EMT? (Also FF1/FF2/FESI1?)
    3) Do they allow you to volunteer?
    Most of the fires we handle (aside from Aircraft) are grass fires or vehicle fires. Since we have to maintain a FAA Index requirement, we have to keep two trucks in service at all times so that aircraft can land/takeoff. If we drop below the two trucks, then we drop below index, and nothing can leave the ground. With millions of dollars an hour on the line, that's not going to happen. Nashville FD handles structural fires on airport property. If we have the manpower, we will definitely initiate suppression before they get here.

You have to hold a current EMT license. Just because you WERE an EMT does not count. There is a $3k sign-on bonus for current TN FFI certification, but you still must meet the minimum requirements of 60hrs of college or EMT certified to be eligible for employment.

We do not have volunteer positions. I wish we did, but the amount of training you are required to have to drive/operate a Crash Truck limits many of those, even with structural certifications.

Forum Member

Question

I don't have EMT or 60 hrs of college but I do have 3 years flight deck crash and salvage experience from the Navy. Think that would count for something?

Forum Member

We have several officers with prior Navy. Many more who had served in the other branches. The Director of HR is a retired Colonel. She seemed to make it a point to hire many with prior military. There is great ARFF/FF experience/training in the military. I do not know if they would take it into consideration if you do not have the other two. You could always put in. Worst they could do is say "no."

Forum Member

We will be posting again soon.

Check www.flynashville.com under "employment" for posting.

Forum Member

Default Yeah I know some places!

I'm only explorer but nashville and franklin are good places. You could try murfreesoro but I dont know if you would like it their. They got tele-squirts in most of their stations, which sucks because they only have a couple of ladder trucks. Franklin has five stations and one about to open. They have 3 aerial platforms,5 engines, 3 75' Quints, 1 heavy rescue, 3 med-rescues, 1 rescue boat, and 3 special operations. they have about 4,845 runs a year. I'm an explorer thier and they got some great guys there. They just finished a rookie class, so I don't know how long it will be till their ready to do a new one.

Forum Member

We are now accepting applications. Deadline is 9/12/07.

http://www.flynashville.com/employme...lt.aspx?JD=110

Thread Information