Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow (pictures)

Forum Member

Default Wow (pictures)

My Lt. was showing me this last night and being a junior who hasnt had formal training, at first I said well I wouldnt go in there. And then he showed me more and we are saying to ourselves "why did they go in there?"

http://phillyfirenews.com/pop_onscen...d=332&s=2&t=14

FROM PHILLY FIRE NEWS:
    "Parkside Fire Company along with several other Delaware County Companies were dispatched to 11 Park Valley Rd for a dwelling Fire. Chief 45-9a arrived and reported heavy fire showing from a two story middle of the row dwelling. First arriving firefighters placed a hand line in service. During the interior attack several firefighters became trapped.

The firefighters were rescued and removed from the house, two suffered serious burns. They were transported to a local burn center.
    Command requested the second alarm and evacuated the building. Placed master stream in service as fire extended to the exposure. "

"why did they go in there?"
    Why would they not? There was a fire, that's the job of firefighters...to go put it out.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Why would they not? There was a fire, that's the job of firefighters...to go put it out.
    Your right!!! You can't put it out from the outside. Surround and drown= Burn Down.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

Question

after looking at the pics,i have a question:who decides to do an offensive/interior attack on fireground?the IC?an officer?
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Our first in officer makes the call. But our first in officer is IC untill higher ranking brass shows up.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

IACOJ
    Jake

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1050major View Post
    Our first in officer makes the call. But our first in officer is IC untill higher ranking brass shows up.
    ok thanks for your reply.but is this the same thing in the other states or does it depend on state?

ps:sorry for my numerous questions,i just try to understand the way you work in the USA.it is very interesting.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

I don't Monday morning quarterback, but looking at the photos - the progress shows a well involved fire, blowing out the windows on two floors. Looks like they make a nice knockdown on it, and then it flares back at them.

If the photos are shown in the order they were taken, photo 6 looks like a decent knockdown. Then obviously something happened...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I don't Monday morning quarterback, but looking at the photos - the progress shows a well involved fire, blowing out the windows on two floors. Looks like they make a nice knockdown on it, and then it flares back at them.

If the photos are shown in the order they were taken, photo 6 looks like a decent knockdown. Then obviously something happened...
    I'm with you, it looks like they made a hell of a stop for what they had. Looks like the saved the exposures.

IACOJ
    Jake

MembersZone Subscriber KevinFFVFD's Avatar

Did yall ever think that maybe this picture was taken after the S*** hit the fan? Maybe conditions that are showing in this photo were not the conditions upon arrival of the first companies.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    Did yall ever think that maybe this picture was taken after the S*** hit the fan? Maybe conditions that are showing in this photo were not the conditions upon arrival of the first companies.
    Ding Ding!!. 1st arriving officer had fire on the 1st floor only. There's about 20 mins of audio at www.robbware.com

robbware.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    Ding Ding!!. 1st arriving officer had fire on the 1st floor only. There's about 20 mins of audio at www.robbware.com

Yes, my photos didn't start until after the firefighters were already trapped inside.

Robb
    http://www.robbware.com

Forum Member

i feel its apparent that after they had it knocked down in photo 6 what they really did was push the fire into the rear of the structure. then it flashed on them.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=JTFIRE80;851390]Ding Ding!!. 1st arriving officer had fire on the 1st floor only.

If first arriving units had fire on the first floor only, the interior attack is obviously the way to go. Once the second floor get's going, I'd be a little nervous about the condition of the floor....brick does a great job of hiding the real condition of the building.

Does look like a good stop, and whoever designed the firewalls in that building must of known what they where doing. Every townhouse I've seen has nice firewalls between units, with 15 cable and phone wires drilled through them.

There isint even fire blowing out of the downstairs windows/doors, thats an attackable fire.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Thread Information