Forum Member

Default Were DJ's only from electronic score

Does anyone know if the DJ's were only from computer score, if so were all compurter DJ's sent today?
    That would be like maybe 10,000?

We asked for Brush Truck and Hydrlic tools.

Did not get DJed today.

MembersZone Subscriber

The DJs we just had were for all those that didn't make it to peer review, the ones the "computer" kicked out, if you will.

Forum Member

We recieved our DJ for our vehicle grant only, and our operations grant, we believe, is still alive. Cant imagine that one made the electronic score and the other one didnt.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Culpster View Post
    We recieved our DJ for our vehicle grant only, and our operations grant, we believe, is still alive. Cant imagine that one made the electronic score and the other one didnt.
    Its real easy for one to make it and the other not too. They are two different projects. For example, if you were putting in for a vehicle but have a somewhat newer fleet you might not make the cut. However, if you were putting in for turnout gear that was 10+ years old & damaged, you would probably make the cut.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Culpster View Post
    Amen to what k3twp said. We were round 1 for hose, non-peer for a tanker. Figured the tanker wouldn't fly ('cuz it's really a "tender") going in, but still had to write the app anyway. No way to get a yes if we didn't ask.

earl

Forum Member

k3twp, did I see somewhere that you made it through with all three intact as of yet. If so, You Rock. King of SAFER and soon to be King of them all. I went two out of three this year, now if I could just get some of that SAFER luck to roll my way. I think over half the apps that went in were for tankers. Shows that there is a big demand anyway.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    I think over half the apps that went in were for tankers. Shows that there is a big demand anyway.
    Our tanker app was submited for 2 reasons--most important was because we need it badly. The other--was because we could apply without jeapordizing our equipment app and it was good for the future of the program that this need is shown for what it truly is. The cost of apparatus compared to a rural budget is spooky.

earl

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Our tanker app was submited for 2 reasons--most important was because we need it badly. The other--was because we could apply without jeapordizing our equipment app and it was good for the future of the program that this need is shown for what it truly is. The cost of apparatus compared to a rural budget is spooky.

earl
    You hit that one right on the head Earl. I think that it might show how big of a need there is in the rural segment alone. We put in for a tanker also Nothing monstrous Just 2000 gal with a 500 pump to enable self loading and water supply from dry hydrants. Many of us are running commercial chassis tankers that are over 20 years old and while they get the job done it's not always done in the safest way possible. We all need to get the word out to the folks that run our state and federal governments to convince them that there is a true need right here in America for the billions being wasted elsewhere.

Forum Member

Default Billions

It would be great if we could show the Congress the need for a program to purchase every organization that shows the need for a tanker/tender. Every vehicle the same.... 2000 gallon/500 pump. times 10,000 trucks.
    That would be something.

Forum Member

Let me see, two volunteer departments that cover my home and the rest of my families have 3 fire hydrants for both districts. The current tankers for the first department is a 1968 FMC that was retired in Michigan, has a 1250 gal. tank and no pump and the other was a home made one built on a 1980 chassis from a coca cola truck 1800 gal. with a 250gpm portable pump. The other department has a 1984 chassis with a home made tank 1800 gal with a 250 gpm portable pump with over 400,000 miles (Chassis was a delivery truck before a tanker) and a 1995 chassis that has been rolled over with a 1800 gal tank and the 250 gpm pump. I strongly advocate the need for (Safe)tankers. Prices are going up on all apparatus, partially to blame on the price of steel and new engines, partially to blame on the manufactures knowing how much you have available to spend. Wish I was as quick witted as Earl to put something interesting below.

Thread Information