Thread: Oouuccchhhh

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Oouuccchhhh

But I think I am in agreement (well, mostly anyhow)...

Busted Party Hosts Forced To Pay Officers
    Officers' Salaries To Be Paid By Busted Hosts

POSTED: 12:16 pm EDT August 17, 2007
    UPDATED: 12:42 pm EDT August 17, 2007

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- Flagstaff police issued a reminder to residents that party hosts busted for disturbing the peace are responsible for covering the cost of a police response, Phoenix television station KPHO reported.

Police said they receive calls from neighbors reporting loud parties where offenses such as underage drinking, assaults, public urination and criminal damage are taking place. Officers dispatched to the scene to break up the party may issue arrests or citations.

Under a city ordinance, the party host is not only arrested and booked into jail, but is also charged with the cost of the responding officers' salaries for the time spent breaking up the party. Depending on the size of the disturbance, police said, breaking up the party could require several officers and a supervisor.

Police said the ordinance makes the party hosts directly responsible for the problems they cause for their neighbors.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Heck. Throw in the cost of the police helicopter as well. Go for broke.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Well if that just isn't ignorant. So my neighbor has a beef with me and calls the cops complaining of a loud party every time I entertain. I'm supposed to pay for that. How about we start charging for all of our search and rescue operations as well. Hell, let's start charging for everything we do!!! Oh wait! we already do that, it's called taxes.

Or how about this. You've just been robbed, let's charge for the investigation. Our society is getting all F***ed Up!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    How about we start charging for all of our search and rescue operations as well.
    Um, there have been cases of exactly that being done if the rescuee placed himself in jeopardy unreasonably and against advice or warning: such as hiking on a mountain trail prominently marked as expert or such despite the climber being an inexperienced novice, or a weekend sailor getting his small sailboat underway in bad weather despite small craft warnings advising such vessels to stay in port.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well if that just isn't ignorant. So my neighbor has a beef with me and calls the cops complaining of a loud party every time I entertain. I'm supposed to pay for that. How about we start charging for all of our search and rescue operations as well. Hell, let's start charging for everything we do!!! Oh wait! we already do that, it's called taxes.

Or how about this. You've just been robbed, let's charge for the investigation. Our society is getting all F***ed Up!!!!
    I'm sure if you are entertaining in a reasonable manor I'm sure the law would recognize that. Now if your party is loud, obnoxious, or illegal in any way then they may should issue tickets and fines. Just because the law shows up does not mean they have to take action. Thank God I live in rural America. If I want to take a **** of my front porch in the middle of the day I can. The worst thing I have to worry about is hitting a cat.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSHANK42 View Post
    I'm sure if you are entertaining in a reasonable manor I'm sure the law would recognize that. Now if your party is loud, obnoxious, or illegal in any way then they may should issue tickets and fines. Just because the law shows up does not mean they have to take action. Thank God I live in rural America. If I want to take a **** of my front porch in the middle of the day I can. The worst thing I have to worry about is hitting a cat.

Don't do that.. you could be arrested and charged with public indecency*.. and sent to "small" claims court!

*wait until it's dark!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Don't do that.. you could be arrested and charged with public indecency*.. and sent to "small" claims court!

*wait until it's dark!
    Damn man, where were you hidding.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

I could use this around me. I live in the rental part of town, and in the summer, it's non stop parties all around me. I'm constantly woken up at 2 in the morning for people screaming a house or two over. The cops eventually come, but not fast enough.

This would make partiers think twice!

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

I'd like to be able to charge for burning complaints responses, where some twit phones because next door has a bonfire still going at 01:00:03am, aka "My neighbor's having a party and I didn't get invited"...
    --jay.

Forum Member

I think they should get to charge your family for the cost of the accident investigation when you smear yourself all over your dashboard or the ground when you get ejected.......Plus the biohazard clean-up fees, the waste disposal fees, etc.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I think they should get to charge your family for the cost of the accident investigation when you smear yourself all over your dashboard or the ground when you get ejected.......Plus the biohazard clean-up fees, the waste disposal fees, etc.

A-fracking-men, Bro! We can call it the stupidity tax!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

"Same scenario:400 drunks trying not to act like they're drunk.One guy is the spokesman for them.'Welcome back,Officer Mitchell!Don't shoot!I told 'em Don't shoot!
    Hey,I'm glad you came back.I wanna report a crime.Larry puked in the aquarium.
    Hey Officer Mitchell,I thought you said you didn't wanna come back out here tonight.
    Hey,if I lay down on the sidewalk would y'all draw my outline with that little chalk y'all have?"
    From Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck Games"album

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    I could use this around me. I live in the rental part of town, and in the summer, it's non stop parties all around me. I'm constantly woken up at 2 in the morning for people screaming a house or two over. The cops eventually come, but not fast enough.

This would make partiers think twice!

Forum Member

My parents used to have an elderly neighbor that would call the law on us whenever we'd light off the grill.Her complaint was that we were burning trash and not cooking on it,that my Dad had hooked up a wire on her phone to monitor her calls and that while she was assigned by the PD to watch us and report all comings and goings,no one ever acted on them.
    Fortunately,time passes.

Well if that just isn't ignorant. So my neighbor has a beef with me and calls the cops complaining of a loud party every time I entertain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    "Same scenario:400 drunks trying not to act like they're drunk.One guy is the spokesman for them.'Welcome back,Officer Mitchell!Don't shoot!I told 'em Don't shoot!
    Hey,I'm glad you came back.I wanna report a crime.Larry puked in the aquarium.
    Hey Officer Mitchell,I thought you said you didn't wanna come back out here tonight.
    Hey,if I lay down on the sidewalk would y'all draw my outline with that little chalk y'all have?"
    From Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck Games"album
    Hey now, that's funny I don't care who you are. Although it is better if you hear the whole thing.

I guess my thoughts on this are that we can't selectively charge for certain services. How about the dumb***** hiker that gets lost in the woods, falls down a ravine or cliff, or gets stranded on Mt. Hood. How is their rescue different from any other rescue. Heck, let's do the rest as well. Let's start charging murderers for the investigation. And let's start charging the illegals that come in for the cost of the border patrol, and other associated cost as well.

Here is the difference. They are picking on party host because in most cases they are reliable honest citizens who the city hall knows will pay those fines. Meanwhile, they let the really big fish that are really costing us billions of dollars walk away. Yup, just another attack on honest hard working Americans.
    Last edited by HotTrotter; 08-20-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Heck. Throw in the cost of the police helicopter as well. Go for broke.
    Come on scfire, everyone in SoCal knows the proper name for a police helicopter is ghetto bird.
    This space for rent

Thread Information