MembersZone Subscriber

I saw this in a local paper tonight..

Tribal chief charged in immigration scam

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The leader of an unrecognized American Indian tribe was charged Friday in an alleged scheme to sell memberships to immigrants by falsely claiming they could obtain U.S. citizenship papers with them.

Malcolm L. Webber, also known as Grand Chief Thunderbird IV, was charged with one count of attempting to defraud the federal government, one count of harboring illegal immigrants and one count of possession of false identification documents with intent to defraud the United States.

“Reports are coming in from Social Security offices, driver’s license bureaus and law enforcement agencies in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Michigan, California and other states that foreign nationals are showing up with documents purchased from Mr. Webber,” U.S. Attorney Eric Melgren said in a news release.

The immigrants are offering the documents as proof of citizenship when seeking Social Security cards, driver’s licenses and other forms of identification, he said.

More than 300 sets of documents from the Kaweah Indian Nation were submitted to the Social Security office in Wichita, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Forum Member

Catch22--you are not alone on this one our Maori "brethren" are and have been pulling this stunt for ages--I do not know who first cottoned on to this little "earner"-but I do know our so called indigenous natives are in constant contact with your indigenous.

Much wampum!
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Thread Information