Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Do you think that this game could be used as a training tool.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

6 18.18%
  • Yes

10 30.30%
  • No

7 21.21%
  • Hell no

7 21.21%
  • What the hell kind of question is that?

3 9.09%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Idea For Firefighting Video Game for PS2, PS3, XBOX360

Talking Idea For Firefighting Video Game for PS2, PS3, XBOX360

I've got a great idea for a game! A firefighting game (like Firefighter F.D. 18) but with a driving feature as well! You can drive major city's fire truck to a scene of a burning building and try and put it out. It can have options like request for mutual aid, request for more apparatuses, request for ambulance, etc. The firefighting game will also feature an ambulance so you can respond to medical calls. Comment and tell me what you think about the idea. Major cities would include New York City NY, Boston MA, Worcester MA, Miami-Dade Fire/Rescue (Florida), Charleston SC, Los Angeles CA, and Providence RI.

Forum Member

Red face

Sounds good but do you know how to make a video game

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    apparatuses,
    Apparatuses????

Just playin, sounds like it would be fun.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Why does your "idea" include Worcester and Charleston? Those are far from major cities in America, but yet you include them because of the brothers lost there in the previous years. Let me guess, when you run out of "air" in the building, you die? Sickening.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

The different levels you can have where some you're a firefighter going into the building and putting out the fire. Or an engineer and pumping all different lines, or chief and requesting assistance and directing incoming trucks.

Would be a neat idea, but real life is still better :-P

MembersZone Subscriber

Come on, tell us the truth. What you're trying to do is get your FD to buy an X-Box for the station and you can use this idea to say "Chief, it's training!"

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Why does your "idea" include Worcester and Charleston? Those are far from major cities in America, but yet you include them because of the brothers lost there in the previous years. Let me guess, when you run out of "air" in the building, you die? Sickening.
    Agreed. Worcester and Charleston shouldnt be on the list. Never the less, I dont see this game hitting shelves any time soon.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Maybe the places should be made up. That way there's no hard feelings.

Plus someone could probably sue for something if you made it say in NY and something was different. It's what the world has come to.

I was thinking the same.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

I wouldn't play it, but I play video games once every 6 months so my opinion wouldn't be helpful.

A few years a go there I went to an arcade type of thing and they had a game with a 5 ft length of "hose" and a "nozzle" and you "sprayed" the screen with the "hose." It sucked.

Forum Member

ok first of all people its a game... soo dont bash him for having worcester and charleston in the "list" i mean yess it was a tradgedy for loosing our brothers in those fires but we also lost a tone in new york in the world trade centers or did you for get to bash him on that one too??? sooo if its that big of deal that you gotta bash him on that then if the game does come out dont play it... as for me i would def play it ive been waiting for a while for something like this to come out soo my sugestion to Explorer343 would be to contact a major game company and sugest the idea to them and tell them what your ideas are and see what they can do, cause it would probably be a huge hit.

Well the reason I would include them is because of the fact that Worcester and Charleston are both busy depts. Plus it would be somewhat of an honor to the fallen firefighters in both cities. Does that answer your question?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 1stduejunior View Post
    Sounds good but do you know how to make a video game
    No. But Sony and Microsoft does!!! Just need to find out how to suggest it to them. Anybody who has ties to Sony or Microsoft and wants to suggest it to a major company, go for it. I just want to play it.

ok(Ok) first of all people its a game... soo(so) dont(don't) bash him for having worcester(Worcester) and charleston(Charleston) in(on) the "list" i(I) mean yess(yes) it was a tradgedy(tragedy) for loosing our brothers in those fires but we also lost a tone(ton) in new york(New York) in the world trade centers(World Trade Centers) or did you for get(forget) to bash him on that one too??? sooo(so) if its that big of (a) deal that you gotta(have to/must/have got to/got to) bash him on that then if the game does come out dont(don't) play it... as for me i would def(definitely) play it ive(I've) been waiting for a while for something like this to come out soo(so) my sugestion(suggestion) to Explorer343 would be to contact a major game company and sugest(suggest) the idea to them and tell them what your ideas are and see what they can do, cause(Because) it would probably be a huge hit.(that was all one sentence)
    This is why we get zero respect on this section of the forum, take the extra 10 seconds to proof read what you typed.

Second, I would like to hear the answer to the second part of Keepback's question also.

Third major video game companies probably get 272345254532 and a half game ideas a day, I doubt they would take this one seriously.
    Last edited by jacklrd; 08-24-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: opps

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I've got a great idea for a game! A firefighting game (like Firefighter F.D. 18) but with a driving feature as well! You can drive major city's fire truck to a scene of a burning building and try and put it out. It can have options like request for mutual aid, request for more apparatuses, request for ambulance, etc. The firefighting game will also feature an ambulance so you can respond to medical calls. Comment and tell me what you think about the idea. Major cities would include New York City NY, Boston MA, Worcester MA, Miami-Dade Fire/Rescue (Florida), Charleston SC, Los Angeles CA, and Providence RI.
    What are the chances that this game could feature graphics that are EXACTLY like the real cities with the real places, homes, everything?!?!

Probably not to good.

But my friend you might be in luck. Someone in the main part of the Firefighter Forums posted about wanting an Experienced (ok maybe not) Firefighter for a video game. Check it out.

PSSST-that was him digging up a four year old thread

Lightbulb

Oh.... right......

I didn't even waste my time looking into the thread. Just noticed it and thought I'd mention it. :-P My bad.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    Oh.... right......

I didn't even waste my time looking into the thread. Just noticed it and thought I'd mention it. :-P My bad.
    I was also looking into the thread myself but it didn't intrigue me to much. From the screenshots I viewed on the games web site, the views seem high up and not "down-to-earth" like most driving/racing video games are. I want to incorporate realism in response and in the actual action of putting out fires.

To answer the second part of your question....Yes, but NOT because of the tragedies that occurred. When you run out of air, you can't breathe. When you can't breathe then you die. Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information