Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New? Licences

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default New? Licences

The Government of British Colombia has been lobbying with the United States Department of Homeland Security and Department of State about this since the announcement of the new passport requirements.....

Vermont To Test High-Tech Licenses. Licenses Would Replace Passports At Border Crossings

POSTED: 8:40 am EDT August 22, 2007
    UPDATED: 3:34 pm EDT August 22, 2007

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- The Department of Homeland Security announced that Vermont will be a test state for licenses that will act as a passport alternative at border crossings.

The new licenses won't look much different from regular licenses, but will have an RFID chip embedded in them. The chip will transmit the user's citizenship and immigration status to border agents. Officials said the user won't need a passport to cross the border.

Vermont Governor Jim Douglas said he hopes the Canadian Department of Homeland Security will get on the bandwagon as well. Douglas said there are no plans at this time for Canadians to get enhanced licenses.

Department of Motor Vehicle officials said the license will cost extra to get and will be available in late 2008.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

JUST IMPLANT THE DAMN CHIP IN MY BRAIN AND GET IT OVER WITH!!!!!

I don't like the idea of carrying RFID anything on my person. Of course there are passes and such for work, etc, but I can choose when I carry and use those.

To make it part of such a critical piece of ID means the gov't, business, and anyone else with a scanner can monitor my movements without my knowledge. At least with Passports and regular Licenses, I have the choice who I show it to.

But who am I kidding, it's coming whether I want it or not.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information