Forum Member

Default How many DJ's so far

Is there any count with the number of DJ's sent out already?

Half the total, more or less?

Just wondering.

Forum Member

I was wondering the same thing we have not had a dj or 1199 or ten questons can anybody help us here? This is our first time that we have ever made it past the computer and I am about to pass out!!!!!!!!!!!! Kurt or Vickers can you help ease the stress any

Forum Member

I was wondering too if anybody got a regional DJ. We have one in and have not recieved a dj for that. Recieved one for everything else.

Dwayne

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Number of computer DJ's

The number of DJ's could be anything, it depends on $ requested, $ available and # of applications. The game changes every year.

Your application gets a computer score. The computer only see's your statistics and must calculate a score based on some secret stuff. I suspect it looks at call volume, population, cost benefit, age, aquiring for the first time, condition of replaced gear, etc. Nobody knows the secret formula??

I've read on the forum that DHS then takes the top ranking computer scores that equal twice the available money. I think it is ~500 million this year, so they take enough applications by highest scores until they total about 1 billion in requested funds and they go to peer.

If you didn't get the computer DJ, it all comes down to how good your narrative scores. Narrative scores are ranked as well and then they start awarding until they run out of money. Since you got past the computer, your application scored pretty good. If you picked a priority project, followed their format in the narrative and answered their questions, you should be good to go. You are in the top half give or take.

I wrote a killer brush truck narrative, but nobody read it, cause my statistics didn't equal a big priority compared to everyone else. My county got 5 DJ's already on brush trucks. They must be low prioiry compared to pumpers and tankers. My application funded in 2004 for a tanker, but brush got a computer DJ. Our stats didn't change much in the last few years.

You may be waiting another 20 weeks, so hang in there and hope you wrote a killer narrative.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The computer DJs usually total up to around 11,000 or so. Only 1400 of the ~8000 or so trucks made it to Peer, ~700 will see money. Usually around 9000 Ops/Regional apps make Peer, so maybe 5000-6000 of those were denied. So a good hunk of apps don't have to wait, but many folks still do. If you're in the latter, keep crossing what you can cross.

Forum Member

Thanks Vickers that makes me fill a little bit better now if it would just get here. So if I don't have the questions or the 1199 in the ops I still have a pretty good chance? I will keep on drinkin lol

Forum Member

Thanks BC.

Thread Information