+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JHR1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    this is actually my on-duty section and everything else is off duty to me

  2. #27
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    First off it freaks me out that Nugent still has concerts. Secondly, I think his actions can hardly be called a proper display of firearm presentation (can't wait to see it on the NRA website), thirdly I can imagine if a Dem did the same and spoke of Bush they'd be getting a visit from the Secret Service.

    Lastly, he sounds like someone in the final throes of syphillitic rage.
    Two names come to mind - Gore and Dean..

  3. #28
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    some would say Damn.... why did I think of that....

    Name one of the current batch of stars, who when the war started, took up arms? Other than Tillman


    Then again, one could also state that since Iraq never directly attacked the US, why take up arms? But, thats a different story


    hehehe
    Did Germany directly attack the US?

  4. #29
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Are any of the current group of stars saying about conservative candidates:

    hes a piece of s***. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey (Fill in name here)! You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.
    Not in exactly those words, but darn close to it and just as derogatory.

  5. #30
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Did Germany directly attack the US?
    No they didn't. However, they did attack American allies. And those countries had asked for our assistance.

    Since you're going to use that analogy. Which countries asked us to invade Iraq pre-emptively?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #31
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Not in exactly those words, but darn close to it and just as derogatory.
    Only proving the denunciations of hate speech by the right wing pundits is hypocritical since none of the right wing gas bags has condemned Nugent's remarks.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #32
    Forum Member
    Frmboybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Well, you're wrong. He's no better, but he is different.
    Why is he different?? He quit his job and joined the military......Thousands of people did that after 9/11
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

  8. #33
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    Why is he different?? He quit his job and joined the military......Thousands of people did that after 9/11
    If it has to be explained to you, you don't understand.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #34
    Forum Member
    Frmboybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    524

    Default

    No, I dont understand or I wouldnt have asked
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

  10. #35
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    No, I dont understand or I wouldnt have asked

    Mostly because he was on easy street, a millionaire. He was in a position of fame and fortune, and he did everything that he could to avoid publicity about himself. Everything that he did was motivated by humility, from his enlistment, all the way thru his unfortunate death. Even his time in the NFL, he was a class act. He worked very hard, was educated, and was a dedicated teammate.
    He, along with his brother left in the night, to meet with a recruiter far away from Phoenix, or his home, in order to not be on a highlight reel. He was always quick to defer attention away from himself.

    The question that you have to ask yourself, is how many 'normal' people, with good quality jobs, and families, gave it all up to serve in the active duty Army, with the intent of being a Ranger. I know exactly zero who fit this bill. Sure, many people joined the reserves, and God bless them for that decision. What Pat did was walk away from millions of dollars and his new wife, and he did so with humility.

    I never said he was better, and I will never say it in the future. He is different though, because of his situation. He is different because he demonstrated what sacrifice truly is, and is someone with whom everyone can look up to, whether you support the military or not.

    Honestly, with all that I have read about the man, he would be embarased that he was even mentioned in the way that we're talking about him right now. He was a class act thru and thru, and is an athlete and person that can be looked up to.
    He is no better than any other soldier, sailor, airmen, or Marine, but his story is different.

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Mostly because he was on easy street, a millionaire. He was in a position of fame and fortune, and he did everything that he could to avoid publicity about himself. Everything that he did was motivated by humility, from his enlistment, all the way thru his unfortunate death.
    To reinforce the point of his humility. Because he was college educated he was offered the opportunity to be an officer and turned it down. He wanted to ensure he would be on the tip of the spear.

    May he rest in peace.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #37
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    To reinforce the point of his humility. Because he was college educated he was offered the opportunity to be an officer and turned it down. He wanted to ensure he would be on the tip of the spear.

    May he rest in peace.

    A very good point. I echo your sentiments.

  13. #38
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JHR1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Did Germany directly attack the US?
    Did the US, even though having laws to prohibit it from supporting wars of which it was not involved at the time, give Britain ships, planes, and fuel through the lend lease act?

    The US did the same during the Russian Afgan war but did Russia declare war on the US?

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    Did the US, even though having laws to prohibit it from supporting wars of which it was not involved at the time, give Britain ships, planes, and fuel through the lend lease act?

    The US did the same during the Russian Afgan war but did Russia declare war on the US?
    They were aligned with a nation that did attack the US directly. The same can't be said of Iraq and 9/11.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #40
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Name one of the current batch of stars, who when the war started, took up arms? Other than Tillman
    Eh? You're comparing WW2 to Bush's unmerited invasion of Iraq? Why do you guys keep doing stupid stuff like that??

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Honestly, with all that I have read about the man, he would be embarased that he was even mentioned in the way that we're talking about him right now. He was a class act thru and thru, and is an athlete and person that can be looked up to.
    That must be why the military dropped him from their war hero posterboy program. Oh, wait; it was because they found out he was an atheist leftist who despised George W. Bush and his stupid policies, and their coverup of his own troops killing him and lying about how it happened. Can't have that, now can we? It sickened me the way the righties and their propaganda machines plastered his face all over everything they claimed was right about this stupid war, only to abandon him when they learned of who he really was and what he actually believed. Simply disgusting.

  17. #42
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    President Bush went to the UN and got permission to enforce the UN mandates that Hussein open up his country in accordance with the cease fire treaties signed waaay back in 1992 to ensure that he wasn't holding back any weapons that could be used against his neighbors.
    What he wanted was none of that BS about delaying the inspectors,interfering with their work or arbitrarily denying access as had already be agreed to beforehand.
    Yes,Clinton got the same permission but he didn't have the 'nads to use the force authorized.He was just trying to look tough.
    As far as I'm concerned,Hussein could have avoided the necktie party he got by following the directives issued by the UN:Open your borders and let us see for ourselves that you don't have nukes or chemical weapons plants.
    If you don't think he was doing anything wrong,if the police ever serve a search warrant to YOUR house,see what happens when you deny them access to your garage or other part of the house.
    I don't think Sean Penn will be on TV talking about how misunderstood you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Since you're going to use that analogy. Which countries asked us to invade Iraq pre-emptively?

  18. #43
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    President Bush went to the UN and got permission to enforce the UN mandates that Hussein open up his country in accordance with the cease fire treaties signed waaay back in 1992 to ensure that he wasn't holding back any weapons that could be used against his neighbors.
    Since you're going to bring the UN. The UN also asked Bush to wait and not invade. There was no hurry to invade. We hadn't been attacked by Iraq. Remember Rumsfeld line, "you go to war with the army you have..." True if you are on defense. We weren't.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #44
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Everyone said"Get the UN onboard.They'll know what to do."
    Iraq had been expected to show their cards since the early 90s.I remember the deal being,in essence"Let us inspect and remove any nuclear or chemical weapons or the bombs start dropping again."
    I guess he was only a bad man when he invaded other coutnries on the premise that they were originally a part of Iraq and not when he was disobeying Un mandates.


    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Since you're going to bring the UN. The UN also asked Bush to wait and not invade. There was no hurry to invade. We hadn't been attacked by Iraq. Remember Rumsfeld line, "you go to war with the army you have..." True if you are on defense. We weren't.

  20. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post


    Then again, one could also state that since Iraq never directly attacked the US, why take up arms? But, thats a different story


    hehehe
    You know neither did Germany, North Korea, and North Vietnam. We went over there to fight and if memory recalls, The presidents were all Democrats. Funny how allot of people forget that little fact.

  21. #46
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JHR1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    You know neither did Germany, North Korea, and North Vietnam. We went over there to fight and if memory recalls, The presidents were all Democrats. Funny how allot of people forget that little fact.

    Where were the big bad republican's then?

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tazmac View Post
    You know neither did Germany, North Korea, and North Vietnam. We went over there to fight and if memory recalls, The presidents were all Democrats. Funny how allot of people forget that little fact.
    But Germany was allied with a nation that did attack the US. NK and N Vietnam were military actions performed during a time frame of the Cold War. S. Korea did ask for our assistance a la Kuwait during Desert Storm. Same with Vietnam. No one is saying either conflict was well executed, or had a beneficial outcome. Although it could be argued the S. Koreans are better off. The Vietnamese have gone from being an enemy of the US to one its more significant emerging trading partners.

    As far as Dems being President at the times of those actions. Is this a rationale for giving Bush a pass on a foreign policy disaster? Truman and Johnson were both reviled for those actions at the time of their presidencies. Vietnam was indeed the singular issue that convinced Johnson to not seek re-election.

    I do love the rationalizations conservatives use to justify this foreign policy nightmare.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  23. #48
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    That must be why the military dropped him from their war hero posterboy program. Oh, wait; it was because they found out he was an atheist leftist who despised George W. Bush and his stupid policies, and their coverup of his own troops killing him and lying about how it happened.

    First off, he would never have wanted to be the poster boy for anything, or anybody. There are actually more 'lefties' out there who don't think he is a hero, simply because he was killed by friendly fire. Believe me, I've heard about it plenty around here, that's disgusting by itself.

    Why did the army lie about it? I don't know, I wasn't there. The army has been lying about things since their start, and it has nothing to do with who the president is.

    Pat was an athiest, so what. Pat couldn't stand President Bush, so what; he still did far more for this country than most of the vocal left, and right put together.

    Pat was and is still someone that we all can look up to.

  24. #49
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Why did the army lie about it? I don't know, I wasn't there. The army has been lying about things since their start, and it has nothing to do with who the president is.
    I thought Jessica Lynch's testimony to congress was right on the mark. She came clean about her actions on the day she was taken as POW. She admitted that she couldn't engage in any fighting of hostile actions since she had been knocked unconscious at the outset and didn't remember anything till she woke up in an Iraqi hospital.

    But her quote was something to the effect that Americans have plenty of real heroes they should embrace. They don't need to have them manufactured by a DoD PAO's office. Or anyone else for that matter.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #50
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    The day her convoy got hit,I was with friends as their brother/son/husband took off with his KYNG unit to Ft Campbell for training and deployment.
    It seems to me the newsies were the one that started trumpeting her.I could be wrong though.I just don't remember any Army types saying heroic things about anyone because at the time,they didn't know what had happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    But her quote was something to the effect that Americans have plenty of real heroes they should embrace. They don't need to have them manufactured by a DoD PAO's office. Or anyone else for that matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Auzzies And Obama
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum News Center
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register