Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Honestly, with all that I have read about the man, he would be embarased that he was even mentioned in the way that we're talking about him right now. He was a class act thru and thru, and is an athlete and person that can be looked up to.
    That must be why the military dropped him from their war hero posterboy program. Oh, wait; it was because they found out he was an atheist leftist who despised George W. Bush and his stupid policies, and their coverup of his own troops killing him and lying about how it happened. Can't have that, now can we? It sickened me the way the righties and their propaganda machines plastered his face all over everything they claimed was right about this stupid war, only to abandon him when they learned of who he really was and what he actually believed. Simply disgusting.

Forum Member

President Bush went to the UN and got permission to enforce the UN mandates that Hussein open up his country in accordance with the cease fire treaties signed waaay back in 1992 to ensure that he wasn't holding back any weapons that could be used against his neighbors.
    What he wanted was none of that BS about delaying the inspectors,interfering with their work or arbitrarily denying access as had already be agreed to beforehand.
    Yes,Clinton got the same permission but he didn't have the 'nads to use the force authorized.He was just trying to look tough.
    As far as I'm concerned,Hussein could have avoided the necktie party he got by following the directives issued by the UN:Open your borders and let us see for ourselves that you don't have nukes or chemical weapons plants.
    If you don't think he was doing anything wrong,if the police ever serve a search warrant to YOUR house,see what happens when you deny them access to your garage or other part of the house.
    I don't think Sean Penn will be on TV talking about how misunderstood you are.

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Since you're going to use that analogy. Which countries asked us to invade Iraq pre-emptively?

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    President Bush went to the UN and got permission to enforce the UN mandates that Hussein open up his country in accordance with the cease fire treaties signed waaay back in 1992 to ensure that he wasn't holding back any weapons that could be used against his neighbors.
    Since you're going to bring the UN. The UN also asked Bush to wait and not invade. There was no hurry to invade. We hadn't been attacked by Iraq. Remember Rumsfeld line, "you go to war with the army you have..." True if you are on defense. We weren't.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Everyone said"Get the UN onboard.They'll know what to do."
    Iraq had been expected to show their cards since the early 90s.I remember the deal being,in essence"Let us inspect and remove any nuclear or chemical weapons or the bombs start dropping again."
    I guess he was only a bad man when he invaded other coutnries on the premise that they were originally a part of Iraq and not when he was disobeying Un mandates.

Since you're going to bring the UN. The UN also asked Bush to wait and not invade. There was no hurry to invade. We hadn't been attacked by Iraq. Remember Rumsfeld line, "you go to war with the army you have..." True if you are on defense. We weren't.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post

Then again, one could also state that since Iraq never directly attacked the US, why take up arms? But, thats a different story

hehehe
    You know neither did Germany, North Korea, and North Vietnam. We went over there to fight and if memory recalls, The presidents were all Democrats. Funny how allot of people forget that little fact.

You know neither did Germany, North Korea, and North Vietnam. We went over there to fight and if memory recalls, The presidents were all Democrats. Funny how allot of people forget that little fact.

Where were the big bad republican's then?

Quote Originally Posted by tazmac View Post
    But Germany was allied with a nation that did attack the US. NK and N Vietnam were military actions performed during a time frame of the Cold War. S. Korea did ask for our assistance a la Kuwait during Desert Storm. Same with Vietnam. No one is saying either conflict was well executed, or had a beneficial outcome. Although it could be argued the S. Koreans are better off. The Vietnamese have gone from being an enemy of the US to one its more significant emerging trading partners.

As far as Dems being President at the times of those actions. Is this a rationale for giving Bush a pass on a foreign policy disaster? Truman and Johnson were both reviled for those actions at the time of their presidencies. Vietnam was indeed the singular issue that convinced Johnson to not seek re-election.

I do love the rationalizations conservatives use to justify this foreign policy nightmare.

That must be why the military dropped him from their war hero posterboy program. Oh, wait; it was because they found out he was an atheist leftist who despised George W. Bush and his stupid policies, and their coverup of his own troops killing him and lying about how it happened.

First off, he would never have wanted to be the poster boy for anything, or anybody. There are actually more 'lefties' out there who don't think he is a hero, simply because he was killed by friendly fire. Believe me, I've heard about it plenty around here, that's disgusting by itself.

Why did the army lie about it? I don't know, I wasn't there. The army has been lying about things since their start, and it has nothing to do with who the president is.

Pat was an athiest, so what. Pat couldn't stand President Bush, so what; he still did far more for this country than most of the vocal left, and right put together.

Pat was and is still someone that we all can look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Why did the army lie about it? I don't know, I wasn't there. The army has been lying about things since their start, and it has nothing to do with who the president is.
    I thought Jessica Lynch's testimony to congress was right on the mark. She came clean about her actions on the day she was taken as POW. She admitted that she couldn't engage in any fighting of hostile actions since she had been knocked unconscious at the outset and didn't remember anything till she woke up in an Iraqi hospital.

But her quote was something to the effect that Americans have plenty of real heroes they should embrace. They don't need to have them manufactured by a DoD PAO's office. Or anyone else for that matter.

Forum Member

The day her convoy got hit,I was with friends as their brother/son/husband took off with his KYNG unit to Ft Campbell for training and deployment.
    It seems to me the newsies were the one that started trumpeting her.I could be wrong though.I just don't remember any Army types saying heroic things about anyone because at the time,they didn't know what had happened.

But her quote was something to the effect that Americans have plenty of real heroes they should embrace. They don't need to have them manufactured by a DoD PAO's office. Or anyone else for that matter.

Forum Member

And Iraqi television showed cheering throngs in the streets after September 11th.How does that make a country run so closely by its dictator look benevolent?
    From reading lots of WWII history as a kid,the plan was for Europe to be the focus and the Pacific campaigns were to take second place as far as troops and equipment until that part of the war was won.The Asians were on their own while this was going on.
    It seems to me that just because the insurgents haven't laid down yet, all fighting means a failure to some people.On recent news,the insurgents are pulling back to"restructure".If the coalition did that,I think CNN would be saying it was because of getting their butts whipped.

Yes,it is a nightmare.I am sure everyone including Hillary thought that once Hussein was out of office or not in control of his troops,the war would be over and done.However,even in Germany,German soldiers fought on even after Hitler did the world a favor and killed himself.
    Japanese soldiers kept on and didn't believe the war had been won well into the 80s.
    If you have a solution to this,have you written the President and advised him of this?Just think,you could end up with your name in the history books if it works.

But Germany was allied with a nation that did attack the US.

As far as Dems being President at the times of those actions......

I do love the rationalizations conservatives use to justify this foreign policy nightmare.

Forum Member

In the minority.The Dems have a majority in both the House and the Senate,yet despite polls saying how little support this war has still can't get the votes to withdraw the troops.
    Or maybe it's because troop deployments aren't controlled by the Legislative Branch but the Executive Branch down the chain of command to the various military commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    Where were the big bad republican's then?

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    The day her convoy got hit,I was with friends as their brother/son/husband took off with his KYNG unit to Ft Campbell for training and deployment.
    It seems to me the newsies were the one that started trumpeting her.I could be wrong though.I just don't remember any Army types saying heroic things about anyone because at the time,they didn't know what had happened.
    I doubt it was the newsies who put her in for the Bronze Star.

Using Private Lynch

As I pointed out earlier, she has handled herself very well despite the publicity of her heroics that were ill reported. Given that she volunteered to serve her country and was willingly deployed to a war zone puts her way ahead of a POS like Nugent.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-31-2007 at 03:58 PM.

And Iraqi television showed cheering throngs in the streets after September 11th.How does that make a country run so closely by its dictator look benevolent?
    I cant remember what station it was but one of them appologized for using such footage since it was from 1994 and from a whole different country...

or then again there might have been several different footages

Germany and Italy declared war on the U.S. first, as a condition of their alliance with Japan, on Dec 7, 1941. The U.S. did not declare war on Germany and Italy until Dec 11, 1941.

According to many of the troops who were present in the area during the Jessica Lynch incident, in particular the Marine units that were nearby, the story of "PFC Lynch's last stand" was exaggerated more and more by the press the farther away from Iraq the story got. The Army went along with it, but they did not manufacture the initial reports.

The Army went along with it, but they did not manufacture the initial reports.
    Baloney. The Pentagon are the ones that released the initial propaganda in the first place. Otherwise, she would have been yet another faceless statistic...just like the soldiers that actually fought and died on that very day. Lynch herself has said as much...but only after whoring herself out as much as possible for dollars.
    Last edited by ThNozzleman; 09-01-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Baloney. The Pentagon are the ones that released the initial propaganda in the first place. Otherwise, she would have been yet another faceless statistic.

Glad to know you're such an expert on what happens in the military. The press wanted her to be more than what she was in the first place. Even you have to realize that not everything is a conspiracy, but then again, maybe not.

She deserves a lot of credit for squaring away the truth of what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Baloney. The Pentagon are the ones that released the initial propaganda in the first place. Otherwise, she would have been yet another faceless statistic...just like the soldiers that actually fought and died on that very day. Lynch herself has said as much...but only after whoring herself out as much as possible for dollars.

Okay, I'll take your word for it, not the guys who were there. You and your conspiracy theories.

As far as "whoring", are you serious? You're right, how dare this young lady who was disabled in the service of her country get a few bucks out of it. I'm sure you wouldn't believe this, even though its right from CNN (not FOX) : "The soft-spoken soldier suffered three breaks in her left leg, multiple breaks in her right foot, a fractured disk in her back, a broken right upper arm and lacerations on her head during an Iraqi attack early in the war. Proceeds from her book deal were used to set up a foundation for Piestewa's children and others." In case you forget, Piestewa was her friend who was driving the vehicle and was KIA.

Maybe she kept enough money to buy herself a new cane and a handicapped decal. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself so I don't get banned.

Glad to know you're such an expert on what happens in the military. The press wanted her to be more than what she was in the first place. Even you have to realize that not everything is a conspiracy, but then again, maybe not.
    The media's ***. The whole escapade was engineered by the military from the start. Filming the rescue? Taking a flag with them for her to carry on the way out? Yeah...right. That happens all the time.
    Okay, I'll take your word for it, not the guys who were there. You and your conspiracy theories.
    You don't have to take mine...take hers.
    As far as "whoring", are you serious? You're right, how dare this young lady who was disabled in the service of her country get a few bucks out of it.
    A few bucks? She rode the scam wagon for a lot more than a few bucks.
    In case you forget, Piestewa was her friend who was driving the vehicle and was KIA.
    I haven't forgotten...but apparantly most everyone else has. No movie, book deal, or celebrity status for her or the thousands of others who have been maimed and killed in this stupid war.
    Maybe she kept enough money to buy herself a new cane and a handicapped decal. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself so I don't get banned.
    Oh, no! We wouldn't want you to get banned, now would we?
    Let it roll, dude...I'm not gonna report anyone. If you get banned, it will be because of someone else. The point is, this whole thing was hyped by the military. The true heroes of the day were ignored, and the pretty little white girl was used as a propaganda tool. There is no disputing this.

And as for Nugent...he must be some kind of undie-wetting, pussified loser to need a closet full of machine guns to feel safe. His idea of being a man is to shoot some unsuspecting animal with a high powered weapon. I wish he'd move on to attacking full-grown grizzly bears with a pocket knife. Then I might respect him...post mortem, of course. The truth is, he's an unbalanced headcase that regularly uses his antics and hysterics to take money from people even dumber than he is.

Thread Information