Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Except for when she was "whoring herself out"? That's a statement of advocacy, I guess.

Well now, nothing a good 'ole generalization, eh? Aren't you the one who never wants to be generalized?
    Sure, nature has been taking care of itself, but there is still an overpopulation of deer, there is CWD, and the list goes on.
    I work with plenty of hunters who are in nature for the love of it, and they eat all that they kill; as all legit hunters do. They are very concerned with conservation. In fact, if the liberals didn't keep wanting to take the right to bear arms away, many of them would vote democrat. Many of them have more in common with the 'tree huggers' than you might ever guess.

But go ahead, keep on generalizing.

I do like how you call me a 'Rambo', nice assumption. What do you really know about me? Do you know how many firearms I own? Do you know how many times a year I hunt?
    I live in a rural area where nearly everyone hunts, even know a few who get "camp meat" sometimes out of season. We eat because we like it. Sort of like the granola crunchers eat granola cause they like it. We don't have many native granola crunchers. We also get the flat landers that come up and pretend to be hunters. Those guys are the biggest reason I stay out of the woods in certain areas. A lot of NYC folks come here and trophy hunt . Saw a group one time that shot a small deer and left it because it wasn't what they wanted. No horns. It is typical of the flat landers to shoot first and look second. The real hunters make sure of their target first. Most of your anti-hunters have lost touch with reality. They go to the store to buy their meat, they are hidden from where it comes from. And that is why they don't understand or comprehend hunting. Although in the big cities they hunt each other.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    First off it freaks me out that Nugent still has concerts. Secondly, I think his actions can hardly be called a proper display of firearm presentation (can't wait to see it on the NRA website), thirdly I can imagine if a Dem did the same and spoke of Bush they'd be getting a visit from the Secret Service.

Lastly, he sounds like someone in the final throes of syphillitic rage.

SC, he's an entertainer.....just like John Stewart (remember defending him when I said the same things about 3 or so years ago?), when hasn't Ted been all aboiut "shock"?

I get a kick out of him, he's funny and pulls no punches.....and his music is pretty "dern" good.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    I never said it was the only source of food available. Has it ever occured to you that maybe he likes the taste and health that wild game offers?? You cant buy wild game in a grocery store.Hunting is a way of life that has been around for thousands of years. Let go of the tree and get over it.
    Great. I'm sure that's why he kills animals with a high powered rifle. I'm sure he eats everything he kills. Gimme a break. I'd just like to know from the macho men hunters what great feeling they get when they snipe an herbivore (like a deer or elk) from hundreds of yards away. An animal that would have never been a threat to them even in the animals natural habitat.

Here is just one article of 785,000 google returned on this subject. I know it makes no difference to a looney liberal like you but you are blind if you think Clinton had nothing to do with it. He did nothing to protect the nation in his 8 years except drop a couple bombs on Afganistan and Sudan to take the eye off of him banging his intern in the oval office. He ignored the first WTC attack, the USS Cole, and several US Embassies.
    Nice link. Try again.

But let's look at the facts of the events you mention and the reactions from the Clinton administration.

On 26 February 1993, a car loaded with 1,200 pounds of explosives blew up in a parking garage under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring about a thousand others. The blast did not, as its planners intended, bring down the towers that was finally accomplished by flying two hijacked airliners into the twin towers on the morning of 11 September 2001.
    Four followers of the Egyptian cleric Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman were captured, convicted of the World Trade Center bombing in March 1994, and sentenced to 240 years in prison each. The purported mastermind of the plot, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, was captured in 1995, convicted of the bombing in November 1997, and also sentenced to 240 years in prison. One additional suspect fled the U.S. and is believed to be living in Baghdad.

On 13 November 1995, a bomb was set off in a van parked in front of an American-run military training center in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. Saudi Arabian authorities arrested four Saudi nationals whom they claim confessed to the bombings, but U.S. officials were denied permission to see or question the suspects before they were convicted and beheaded in May 1996.

On 25 June 1996, a booby-trapped truck loaded with 5,000 pounds of explosives was exploded outside the Khobar Towers apartment complex which housed United States military personnel in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killing nineteen Americans and wounding about three hundred others. Once again, the U.S. investigation was hampered by the refusal of Saudi officials to allow the FBI to question suspects.
    On 21 June 2001, just before the American statute of limitations would have expired, a federal grand jury in Alexandria, Virginia, indicted thirteen Saudis and an unidentified Lebanese chemist for the Khobar Towers bombing. The suspects remain in Saudi custody, beyond the reach of the American justice system. (Saudi Arabia has no extradition treaty with the U.S.)

On 7 August 1998, powerful car bombs exploded minutes apart outside the United States embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 224 people and wounding about 5,000 others. Four participants with ties to Osama bin Laden were captured, convicted in U.S. federal court, and sentenced to life in prison without parole in October 2001. Fourteen other suspects indicted in the case remain at large, and three more are fighting extradition in London.

On 12 October 2000, two suicide bombers detonated an explosives-laden skiff next to the USS Cole while it was refueling in Aden, Yemen, blasting a hole in the ship that killed 17 sailors and injured 37 others. No suspects have yet been arrested or indicted. The investigation has been hampered by the refusal of Yemini officials to allow FBI agents access to Yemeni nationals and other suspects in custody in Yemen.
    (The USS Cole bombing occurred one month before the 2000 presidential election, so even under the best of circumstances it was unlikely that the investigation could have been completed before the end of President Clinton's term of office three months later.)

In August 1998, President Clinton ordered missile strikes against targets in Afghanistan in an effort to hit Osama bin Laden, who had been linked to the embassy bombings in Africa (and was later connected to the attack on the USS Cole). The missiles reportedly missed bin Laden by a few hours, and Clinton was widely criticized by many who claimed he had ordered the strikes primarily to draw attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. As John F. Harris wrote in The Washington Post:

In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) that he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria. . . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

. . . people maintain Clinton should have adapted Bush's policy promising that regimes that harbor terrorism will be treated as severely as terrorists themselves (unless of course they are in Saudi Arabia), and threatening to evict the Taliban from power in Afghanistan unless leaders meet his demands to produce bin Laden and associates. But Clinton aides said such a policy potentially involving a full-scale war in central Asia was not plausible before politics the world over became transformed by one of history's most lethal acts of terrorism.

Like I said. The 9/11 Commission couldn't find any credible evidence of the so called "silver platter" offer. But if you want to live in a fantasy world, I am one of those crazy liberals that believe you have a right to a wrong opinion.

And lastly cornfed. Why are you and Trotter quick on the trigger to talk about Clinton's sex life? Given the recent revelations of conservatives at least Clinton was/is chasing women.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-02-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    The article you post is from 2/5/2001, Nearly 7 months before the 9-11-2001 event you refer to. There is nothing that connects Bin Laden to the bombing in 1993. I must severly question the integrity of the data and information that you post. There goes that toilet spinning to the left again.
    Not surprisingly you miss the point. The point is Bush was offered Bin Laden and missed the opportunity. Perhaps you and Cornfed Buck should PM each other and get your stories straight. If Clinton was offered Bin Laden and turned him down, why is that worse when Bush had the same opportunity.

Forum Member

You left out 8 months of bombing in Yugoslavia for nothing as well as blowing up an empty aspirin factory.
    And how many American troops died in the unseating of that dictator and stopping a genocide? And just as important we didn't mortgage the future of my unborn great grandchildren to pay for it.

Forum Member

I live in a rural area where nearly everyone hunts, even know a few who get "camp meat" sometimes out of season. We eat because we like it. Sort of like the granola crunchers eat granola cause they like it. We don't have many native granola crunchers. We also get the flat landers that come up and pretend to be hunters. Those guys are the biggest reason I stay out of the woods in certain areas. A lot of NYC folks come here and trophy hunt . Saw a group one time that shot a small deer and left it because it wasn't what they wanted. No horns. It is typical of the flat landers to shoot first and look second. The real hunters make sure of their target first. Most of your anti-hunters have lost touch with reality. They go to the store to buy their meat, they are hidden from where it comes from. And that is why they don't understand or comprehend hunting. Although in the big cities they hunt each other.
    Like I asked. What is the great feeling one gets from shooting an animal from a very safe distance that would have never been a threat to them? It is hunters who lost touch with reality.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    I get a kick out of him, he's funny and pulls no punches.....and his music is pretty "dern" good.
    I agree. He's a POS, drop your pants, shock entertainer whose career lamp is on its last flicker.

Banned

Not surprisingly you miss the point. The point is Bush was offered Bin Laden and missed the opportunity. Perhaps you and Cornfed Buck should PM each other and get your stories straight. If Clinton was offered Bin Laden and turned him down, why is that worse when Bush had the same opportunity.
    The Ottawa Citizen

February 5, 2001 Monday FINAL EDITION

DATELINE: KANDAHAR

BODY:
    The Taliban authorities will consider sending Osama bin Laden, the Saudi-born terrorist behind the World Trade Center bombing, to a third country if the West will recognize them as Afghanistan's legitimate government.

"We hope the new American administration will be more flexible and engage with us," said Abdul Wakil Muttawakil, the Taliban foreign minister, as new UN sanctions begin to squeeze the hardline group.

Mr. Muttawakil has written to President George W. Bush saying his administration is prepared to resolve the Bin Laden issue through negotiations.

General Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's military ruler, said the suggestion of sending Bin Laden abroad appeared workable. He added it was not clear which country might provide sanctuary to the world's most wanted terrorist but Yemen had been mentioned.Pakistan is the closest ally of the conservative administration.
    Again, you miss the point. How could the Taliban have offered up the man suspected of Bombing the WTC 7 months before it happened?

As for the hunting thing, some people get the same thrill from hugging a tree or getting their next load of tofu and granola bars. What is the big thrill there? Most of the good hunters here spend weeks or months scouting the area and learning the habit of the prey. It's no more senseless than the chucklehead who climbs the mountain just to get to the top and then come back down. How senseless is that?

Banned

Like I asked. What is the great feeling one gets from shooting an animal from a very safe distance that would have never been a threat to them? It is hunters who lost touch with reality.
    The thrill is that you are eating good tonight and you have captured the prey that you have been after for months. Of course the city types walk into the woods and shot the first thing that moves. Of course, I don't need a high powered rifle and months in the woods. All I need is a car at 55mph and it lures them right in. Of course if you have never been to hunting camp you wouldn't understand at all.

By the way SC, I updated the Global Warming thread t ogive you some factual data that shows there is no consensus in the scientific community. In fact only 7% agree there is some man made global warming. And many have changed their minds. Another fallacy for the liberals. Why must they always try to mislead us?
    Last edited by HotTrotter; 09-02-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Forum Member

Again, you miss the point. How could the Taliban have offered up the man suspected of Bombing the WTC 7 months before it happened?
    I know it might be difficult for you to grasp the point? Bin Laden was wanted BEFORE 9/11.

As for the hunting thing, some people get the same thrill from hugging a tree or getting their next load of tofu and granola bars.
    Sounds like someone who has inadequacies in their life.

What is the big thrill there? Most of the good hunters here spend weeks or months scouting the area and learning the habit of the prey.
    And outwitting an animal down the food chain is exhilirating? You reinforce my point.

It's no more senseless than the chucklehead who climbs the mountain just to get to the top and then come back down. How senseless is that?
    And how many animals get killed for no good reason when someone climbs a mountain?

Forum Member

By the way SC, I updated the Global Warming thread t ogive you some factual data that shows there is no consensus in the scientific community. In fact only 7% agree there is some man made global warming. And many have changed their minds. Another fallacy for the liberals. Why must they always try to mislead us?
    And I gave it the response it deserves.

Forum Member

He's a good guitar player and musician (in his genre)...but that's about it. I have nothing against good rock and roll. But the man is insane...and it's only gotten worse in recent years. The man has paranoia written all over him.
    Uncle Ted dosent kill for fun, he kills for food and the joys of being in the great outdoors.
    That's about the funniest thing I've read in a long while. The man sets up canned hunts for richie-riches to get their jollies off, charging outlandish rates for killing kept animals. You know...just like Cheney likes to do. It's disgusting. You don't have a clue what you're writing about, do you?

Forum Member

So I take it you, Scfire and Nozzleman, are vegitarians??
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Banned

I know it might be difficult for you to grasp the point? Bin Laden was wanted BEFORE 9/11.
    I understand Bin Laden was wanted before 9-11. Read your article dated 2-5-2001. In the article that was written in February of 2001 they refer to Bin Laden as the man who masterminded the 9-11-2001 attack. It points out that the article you provide is a fake. Therefore, your evidence is garbage.

Sounds like someone who has inadequacies in their life.

And outwitting an animal down the food chain is exhilirating? You reinforce my point.

And how many animals get killed for no good reason when someone climbs a mountain?
    Just so you know, I used to hunt, I found that the effort required wasn't worth the thrill. But hey, a lot of people get thrills from different things. We have to respect that diversity in our society. I can respect that those who hunt enjoy it. I also like the fact that I usually end up with a few venison steaks.

Banned

Nope, they dislike diversity and those who disagree with them. Then again, they believe in fairy tales like Global Warming, War for oil, and such.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Ahhh Geeez....

Forum Member

So basically, if they are not vegitarians, they are lazy and like other people to do their dirty work...Im not afraid to spend week after week in the outdoors scouting my favorite game and get my hands bloody harvesting it. It makes it taste that much better when its on my plate. Its called the joys of life and hard work. Ill bet you feel really good when you cut into that ribeye that you spent 25 minutes grilling dont you? Only one word that can be used to discribe someone like these 2 HYPOCRITE
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Forum Member

Not at all. But you aren't going to compare the way animals are slaughtered in an abattoir versus being shot at long range with a huge technological advantage.

At least not with a straight face.

Forum Member

We have to respect that diversity in our society. I can respect that those who hunt enjoy it. I also like the fact that I usually end up with a few venison steaks.
    Do you see me saying that hunting should be banned? If someone wants to get their jollies out of killing a prey animal at long distance with a HUGE technological advantage I have no problem with that. I just question what breakdown they have in their empty lives that would cause something like that to be exciting. I get a hoot when I see deer hunters wearing camoflauge. This is especially funny since deer are color blind. Who are they hiding from?

Nope, they dislike diversity and those who disagree with them. Then again, they believe in fairy tales like Global Warming, War for oil, and such.
    Read above post. And while I know you like to believe that oil wasn't a factor in invading Iraq, I've already pointed it to you several times that Bush has stated otherwise.

Forum Member

I understand Bin Laden was wanted before 9-11. Read your article dated 2-5-2001. In the article that was written in February of 2001 they refer to Bin Laden as the man who masterminded the 9-11-2001 attack. It points out that the article you provide is a fake. Therefore, your evidence is garbage.
    Once again your density shines brightly. I didn't write the articles, but I would bet the writer was referring to the first WTC attack.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    He's a good guitar player and musician (in his genre)...but that's about it. I have nothing against good rock and roll. But the man is insane...and it's only gotten worse in recent years. The man has paranoia written all over him.
    Paranoia and insanity arekey traits in a great Guitar players......I like his music.....and I don't care what some rich celeb says, does.or thinks.....

btw he does call himself the original "wackmaster"....so he knows he's nutz....
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Not at all. But you aren't going to compare the way animals are slaughtered in an abattoir versus being shot at long range with a huge technological advantage.
    Exactly. It would be akin to slaughterhouse employees getting sick thrills by killing the animals in the most agonizing way, and feeling rapture as their blood spills.
    It makes it taste that much better when its on my plate. Its called the joys of life and hard work.
    It's called getting sick thrills out of killing and death. It has absolutely nothing to do with need. Just because you eat something you kill doesn't make it right to enjoy doing it...especially not to the estatic point that the majority of hunters eschew during the almighty hunting season. I'm around guys like you all day, every day. They do not kill for food...and they do not kill for sake of "thinning the herd". They kill for the pure orgasmic barbaric rapture they feel in their ignorant minds. Then they cut the heads off their "conquests" and mount them on the wall at home so they can continue their warm feelings of accomplishment every time they look in the empty eyes of their various quarry.
    These animals did not die a natural death...they died so some redneck could fullfill their twisted egos. Hunting for jollies; there's just nothing natural about it in the least.

Banned

Once again your density shines brightly. I didn't write the articles, but I would bet the writer was referring to the first WTC attack.
    As far as I can find out Bin Laden has not been tied to the first WTC bombing.

Banned

Do you see me saying that hunting should be banned? If someone wants to get their jollies out of killing a prey animal at long distance with a HUGE technological advantage I have no problem with that. I just question what breakdown they have in their empty lives that would cause something like that to be exciting. I get a hoot when I see deer hunters wearing camoflauge. This is especially funny since deer are color blind. Who are they hiding from?

Read above post. And while I know you like to believe that oil wasn't a factor in invading Iraq, I've already pointed it to you several times that Bush has stated otherwise.
    Perhaps you need to go on a hunting trip with those that hunt. then maybe you will understand. But I too laugh at the camo thing. Matter of fact, just last week I was standing on the stone wall next to my little pond. Just across the pond (about 75 feet) stood a deer. It ate a little. looked my way, ate a little more, then walked off. I don't think the darn thing ever saw me. But here is my real question. How does anyone know that deer are color blind?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    Paranoia and insanity arekey traits in a great Guitar players......I like his music.....and I don't care what some rich celeb says, does.or thinks.....

btw he does call himself the original "wackmaster"....so he knows he's nutz....
    Are you telling me you don't listen to the nut cases in Hollywood? Surely you must listen to the almighty Michael Moore who is smarter than anyone I know

Sarcasm off...

Thread Information