Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

All members of Congress are exempt from all laws.

We have seen assaults on police officers, weapons offenses, domestic violence, DUI, official corruption, in addition to public lewdness. Nothing ever happens to them. I don't give a rat's *** what party they are from.

It is little wonder why Congress has such a low approval rating. With the absolute disregard of the basic job function they have-representing the interests of the voters-it is astounding to me that people keep putting this bunch of contemptable morons back in office term after term after term. The public has ratified the above statement. They have granted Congressman a free pass on all laws.

As I have stated for a long time. From the President on down to the local dog catcher, I will NEVER vote for an incumbent again. I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Actually sunshine, the charges were real and justified. The Senate lacked the gonads to do anything about it. The man had a sexual encounter with an intern in his place of employment. Then he denied it, not only to the American people, but to a COURT OF LAW. He lied under oath!!!!
    It can't be that big a deal. Bush just pardoned "Scooter" Libby after he did the same thing. Yet nary a peep out of conservatives. So what's your problem with Clinton?

Imagine your chief taking one of the young probies into the office and having sex. How long do you think he would be chief?.
    Eeeewwwww. Have you seen our chief?

Bill Clinton brought more shame and disgrace to the office of the President than any other president
    You clearly don't know much about presidential history. Besides, Bush's presidency has been a failure at every turn, historians will view him as one of the worst ever.

As for Larry Criag, I don't get it. Didn't we just have a senator who admitted to using prostitutes? Isn't that a crime as well? And how many other misdemeanor crimes are committed by our congressman? How many have felony DWI's? I just wish the idiots on the hill would be consistent. What a sad bunch.
    I don't see Dems calling for Craig's resignation. It was his own party that threw him in front of the bus.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    As I have stated for a long time. From the President on down to the local dog catcher, I will NEVER vote for an incumbent again. I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.
    I agree! The problem is to do that the voters have to know who the incumbent is, something I bet a large percentage of the population doesn't know.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Banned

I just shakle my head at the whole mess. Scooter gets his sentence commuted. What the HE!! Clinton pardons 143 of his buddies. HUH!!! And the list goes on. And then the republicans think they have more moral fiber so they hold themselves to a higher standard. Unbelievable.

The problem with the voting system is that a large majority of the public don't even know what they are voting on. For the most part, voters are uneducated. Just ask most voters if they know where the candidates stand on the issues. Or what they have done in the past. Most will give a blank look. My favorites are this. I think Hillary will make a good president. Why is that? What issues do you like that she is favor of? Response I don't know, I just like her.

I just shakle my head at the whole mess. Scooter gets his sentence commuted. What the HE!! Clinton pardons 143 of his buddies. HUH!!! And the list goes on. And then the republicans think they have more moral fiber so they hold themselves to a higher standard. Unbelievable.
    Bush the smarter pardoned all those involved in waging an illegal war. What's your point?

Clinton's number of pardons doesn't even come close to the highest number given. Should the privilege of pardoning an individual be taken away from the president?

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

The problem with the voting system is that a large majority of the public don't even know what they are voting on. For the most part, voters are uneducated. Just ask most voters if they know where the candidates stand on the issues. Or what they have done in the past.
    While true, not all the blame can be placed on the voters. The candidates don't exactly make it easy to understand where they stand on ANYTHING. Even simple bills are made cumbersome to understand with all the riders and such that are attached.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.
    Great knee jerk reaction. I find term limits personally offensive. I have the power of term limits available to me right now. Every time I go to the ballot box. There are several city councilwomen in my city who are doing a great job and regret they are restricted to two four year terms.

I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Are you serious? Idaho is so republican no democrat has a chance there. Just like no republican can win in NY. Which is really sad. Democrats will carry a couple parts of the state. NYC, Albany, Buffalo, the rest of the state is won by republicans. It's a shame that three metro areas decide who our senator is. If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,

If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,
    If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-05-2007 at 09:43 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I caught some of this over the past few days. Too bad he has to fence-sit or whatever it is he thinks he's doing. A total dis-service to everyone in my opinion.

I think that the quote below that came from a friend of mine, she uses it as part of her email signature about sums it up for all politicians.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Too bad that in their efforts to please themselves, politicians forget who it is they are really supposed to be working for.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

I am glad Craig is not resigning. SO he flirted with another adult, big deal.

The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post

The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.
    I agree on all counts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post

I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage). It is the home of Kodak, and GE R&D facility. There is a Navy nuclear training facility in the middle of the woods. There is the Erie canal that connects the Hudson River to the Great Lakes. There is much more. I guess you should have stayed in school and learned more geography and history. NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.

You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage)........... NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.
    Once again genius you show your genius level. Wine, cows, apples, and syrup DON'T vote. Granted all those companies are based in upstate NY. So what? It's still people that vote. If we were to believe the right wing wackos such as yourself one would believe that 90% of the country is conservative. If that is the case why did Bush barely win the last popular vote, and lose the first one?

Forum Member

I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.
    Since I am not up to your genius level, please expound on your above mentioned quote.

I would venture to say that almost all flirting takes place in a public place so I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

Just like no republican can win in NY.
    In 1984 Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states (including NY) and 525 electoral votes (out of 538) which is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate.

Hey SC!

Last edited by RoughRider; 09-05-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    What's interesting is how the Republicans thump the Bible and condemn everyone else, but then get busted regularly doing the dirty deeds themselves. I don't care if Republican conservatives are lying, gay, womanizing users of prostitutes who secretly seek abortions for their daughters...that's their right to be so. But quit sending everyone else to hell for the same actions, already. The hypocrisy will always be the main issue when people who regularly rant about this sort of behavior are caught in the act themselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information