MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    The problem with the voting system is that a large majority of the public don't even know what they are voting on. For the most part, voters are uneducated. Just ask most voters if they know where the candidates stand on the issues. Or what they have done in the past.
    While true, not all the blame can be placed on the voters. The candidates don't exactly make it easy to understand where they stand on ANYTHING. Even simple bills are made cumbersome to understand with all the riders and such that are attached.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.
    Great knee jerk reaction. I find term limits personally offensive. I have the power of term limits available to me right now. Every time I go to the ballot box. There are several city councilwomen in my city who are doing a great job and regret they are restricted to two four year terms.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Are you serious? Idaho is so republican no democrat has a chance there. Just like no republican can win in NY. Which is really sad. Democrats will carry a couple parts of the state. NYC, Albany, Buffalo, the rest of the state is won by republicans. It's a shame that three metro areas decide who our senator is. If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,

Forum Member

If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,
    If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-05-2007 at 09:43 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I caught some of this over the past few days. Too bad he has to fence-sit or whatever it is he thinks he's doing. A total dis-service to everyone in my opinion.

I think that the quote below that came from a friend of mine, she uses it as part of her email signature about sums it up for all politicians.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Too bad that in their efforts to please themselves, politicians forget who it is they are really supposed to be working for.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

I am glad Craig is not resigning. SO he flirted with another adult, big deal.

The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post

The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.
    I agree on all counts.

Banned

I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.

Banned

If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage). It is the home of Kodak, and GE R&D facility. There is a Navy nuclear training facility in the middle of the woods. There is the Erie canal that connects the Hudson River to the Great Lakes. There is much more. I guess you should have stayed in school and learned more geography and history. NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.

Forum Member

You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage)........... NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.
    Once again genius you show your genius level. Wine, cows, apples, and syrup DON'T vote. Granted all those companies are based in upstate NY. So what? It's still people that vote. If we were to believe the right wing wackos such as yourself one would believe that 90% of the country is conservative. If that is the case why did Bush barely win the last popular vote, and lose the first one?

Forum Member

I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.
    Since I am not up to your genius level, please expound on your above mentioned quote.

I would venture to say that almost all flirting takes place in a public place so I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Just like no republican can win in NY.
    In 1984 Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states (including NY) and 525 electoral votes (out of 538) which is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate.

Hey SC!

Last edited by RoughRider; 09-05-2007 at 11:54 AM.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    What's interesting is how the Republicans thump the Bible and condemn everyone else, but then get busted regularly doing the dirty deeds themselves. I don't care if Republican conservatives are lying, gay, womanizing users of prostitutes who secretly seek abortions for their daughters...that's their right to be so. But quit sending everyone else to hell for the same actions, already. The hypocrisy will always be the main issue when people who regularly rant about this sort of behavior are caught in the act themselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

So was this guy a Republican or Democrat? Liberal or conservative?
    In terms of conduct, same level, not as bad or worse than Larry Craig's.
    No one started a thread bashing him. Oh, wait; he's a drunk firefighter (allegedly).
    Read for yourself. Then say to yourself like I did:
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/News/San-Francisco-Firefighter-Accused-of-Lewd-Conduct-/46$56243
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

That was then. This is now.

MembersZone Subscriber

People will always fail at one time or another. I see nothing wrong with having high moral standards. Just because one fails to live up to them doesnt mean the message is wrong.

IACOJ PROUD

Banned

Originally Posted by HotTrotter
    Since I am not up to your genius level, please expound on your above mentioned quote.

I would venture to say that almost all flirting takes place in a public place so I don't see what all the hoopla is about.
    If it is done in the workplace it is sexual harassment. We cannot tolerate any kind of sexual activity, including talk, in the workplace. We live in a zero tolerance workplace when it comes to this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    What's interesting is how the Republicans thump the Bible and condemn everyone else, but then get busted regularly doing the dirty deeds themselves. I don't care if Republican conservatives are lying, gay, womanizing users of prostitutes who secretly seek abortions for their daughters...that's their right to be so. But quit sending everyone else to hell for the same actions, already. The hypocrisy will always be the main issue when people who regularly rant about this sort of behavior are caught in the act themselves.
    Sorry Chucklehead, I don't thump the bible. But you want hypocrisy - How about this. There is GLOBAL WARMING ( a lie) and we all must do our part. Never mind that my home uses 10 times more electricity than that average home. Matter of fact, what I meant to say was, you all must do something about this imaginary crisis.

Banned

That was then. This is now.
    HUH??? Once again, more incoherence. Then again, is expected.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    People will always fail at one time or another. I see nothing wrong with having high moral standards. Just because one fails to live up to them doesnt mean the message is wrong.
    Ahh yes, the old do as I say, not as I do syndrome.

What is funny is the liberals and gay crowd think they will get rid of this guy and get someone more in tune with their way of life to replace him. Wrong, Idaho is extremely conservative, you will get a near clone.
    Last edited by HotTrotter; 09-06-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Forum Member

Ahh yes, the old do as I say, not as I do syndrome.

What is funny is the liberals and gay crowd think they will get rid of this guy and get someone more in tune with their way of life to replace him. Wrong, Idaho is extremely conservative, you will get a near clone.
    Really? Which group of libs and gays are thinking they'll get someone more liberal? Maybe the extreme crackpots but not any of those with sense.

Where's Frank Church when you need him?

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't know much about Utah except I love to ski there and its more convenient for me to bring a case of wine when I go.

Uh boy wrong State!! Never have been to Idaho!!
    Last edited by RoughRider; 09-06-2007 at 02:34 PM.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

HUH??? Once again, more incoherence. Then again, is expected.
    The only person who didn't understand what I meant was you.....again.

Thread Information