1. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber
    voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    The problem with the voting system is that a large majority of the public don't even know what they are voting on. For the most part, voters are uneducated. Just ask most voters if they know where the candidates stand on the issues. Or what they have done in the past.
    While true, not all the blame can be placed on the voters. The candidates don't exactly make it easy to understand where they stand on ANYTHING. Even simple bills are made cumbersome to understand with all the riders and such that are attached.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  2. #27
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.
    Great knee jerk reaction. I find term limits personally offensive. I have the power of term limits available to me right now. Every time I go to the ballot box. There are several city councilwomen in my city who are doing a great job and regret they are restricted to two four year terms.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #28
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

    Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

    I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #29
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I wonder what Messrs. Lott and Ashcroft think of this picture with Craig?

    Better yet. Craig might be changing his mind about resignation.

    I bet the RNC is doing handsprings over the concept they will probably lose a seat they'd counted on keeping. It was one of the reasons why Craig was being pushed to resign.
    Are you serious? Idaho is so republican no democrat has a chance there. Just like no republican can win in NY. Which is really sad. Democrats will carry a couple parts of the state. NYC, Albany, Buffalo, the rest of the state is won by republicans. It's a shame that three metro areas decide who our senator is. If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,

  5. #30
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    If it wasn't for NYC Hillary Clinton would not be a Senator,
    If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-05-2007 at 09:43 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #31
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    I caught some of this over the past few days. Too bad he has to fence-sit or whatever it is he thinks he's doing. A total dis-service to everyone in my opinion.

    I think that the quote below that came from a friend of mine, she uses it as part of her email signature about sums it up for all politicians.

    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)


    Too bad that in their efforts to please themselves, politicians forget who it is they are really supposed to be working for.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  7. #32
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I am glad Craig is not resigning. SO he flirted with another adult, big deal.

    The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.

  8. #33
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post
    I am glad Craig is not resigning. SO he flirted with another adult, big deal.

    The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.
    I agree on all counts.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #34
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post
    I am glad Craig is not resigning. SO he flirted with another adult, big deal.

    The only people who should decide if he should stay or go besides himself, are the people who are eligible to vote for him. Not the GOP, and not even the brain-dead duck President.
    I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.

  10. #35
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If it wasn't for NYC, no one would care about NY. Here's a little clue on politics and voting. People vote, dirt doesn't. That's why all those maps showing how much of the US is red v blue are nothing more than the right wing noise machine trying to make itself feel more significant that it really is.
    You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage). It is the home of Kodak, and GE R&D facility. There is a Navy nuclear training facility in the middle of the woods. There is the Erie canal that connects the Hudson River to the Great Lakes. There is much more. I guess you should have stayed in school and learned more geography and history. NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    You show just how clueless you are. The Upstate area which supports this state provides some of the best wines in the world. It has a huge dairy industry, apple orchards, and makes real maples syrup (not that aunt jamama garbage)........... NYC provides us with high crime, high welfare, and a high cost of living. There is much good to come out of the rotten apple.
    Once again genius you show your genius level. Wine, cows, apples, and syrup DON'T vote. Granted all those companies are based in upstate NY. So what? It's still people that vote. If we were to believe the right wing wackos such as yourself one would believe that 90% of the country is conservative. If that is the case why did Bush barely win the last popular vote, and lose the first one?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #37
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.
    Since I am not up to your genius level, please expound on your above mentioned quote.

    I would venture to say that almost all flirting takes place in a public place so I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

  13. #38
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

  14. #39
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Just like no republican can win in NY.
    In 1984 Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states (including NY) and 525 electoral votes (out of 538) which is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate.

    Hey SC!


    Last edited by RoughRider; 09-05-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

  15. #40
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,334

    Default

    Interesting how Liberals target "hypocrisy," not the behavior. If behavior was the standard, would Kennedy be in the Senate?
    What's interesting is how the Republicans thump the Bible and condemn everyone else, but then get busted regularly doing the dirty deeds themselves. I don't care if Republican conservatives are lying, gay, womanizing users of prostitutes who secretly seek abortions for their daughters...that's their right to be so. But quit sending everyone else to hell for the same actions, already. The hypocrisy will always be the main issue when people who regularly rant about this sort of behavior are caught in the act themselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #41
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ChiefReason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Illinois-where pertnear is close enough!
    Posts
    5,636

    Default

    So was this guy a Republican or Democrat? Liberal or conservative?
    In terms of conduct, same level, not as bad or worse than Larry Craig's.
    No one started a thread bashing him. Oh, wait; he's a drunk firefighter (allegedly).
    Read for yourself. Then say to yourself like I did:
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/News/San-Francisco-Firefighter-Accused-of-Lewd-Conduct-/46$56243
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

  17. #42
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    That was then. This is now.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #43
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    People will always fail at one time or another. I see nothing wrong with having high moral standards. Just because one fails to live up to them doesnt mean the message is wrong.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

  19. #44
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Originally Posted by HotTrotter
    I agree as well. Heck as long as he did it in a public place and not the workplace who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFire View Post
    Since I am not up to your genius level, please expound on your above mentioned quote.

    I would venture to say that almost all flirting takes place in a public place so I don't see what all the hoopla is about.
    If it is done in the workplace it is sexual harassment. We cannot tolerate any kind of sexual activity, including talk, in the workplace. We live in a zero tolerance workplace when it comes to this.

  20. #45
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    What's interesting is how the Republicans thump the Bible and condemn everyone else, but then get busted regularly doing the dirty deeds themselves. I don't care if Republican conservatives are lying, gay, womanizing users of prostitutes who secretly seek abortions for their daughters...that's their right to be so. But quit sending everyone else to hell for the same actions, already. The hypocrisy will always be the main issue when people who regularly rant about this sort of behavior are caught in the act themselves.
    Sorry Chucklehead, I don't thump the bible. But you want hypocrisy - How about this. There is GLOBAL WARMING ( a lie) and we all must do our part. Never mind that my home uses 10 times more electricity than that average home. Matter of fact, what I meant to say was, you all must do something about this imaginary crisis.

  21. #46
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    That was then. This is now.
    HUH??? Once again, more incoherence. Then again, is expected.

  22. #47
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    People will always fail at one time or another. I see nothing wrong with having high moral standards. Just because one fails to live up to them doesnt mean the message is wrong.
    Ahh yes, the old do as I say, not as I do syndrome.

    What is funny is the liberals and gay crowd think they will get rid of this guy and get someone more in tune with their way of life to replace him. Wrong, Idaho is extremely conservative, you will get a near clone.
    Last edited by HotTrotter; 09-06-2007 at 09:10 AM.

  23. #48
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Ahh yes, the old do as I say, not as I do syndrome.

    What is funny is the liberals and gay crowd think they will get rid of this guy and get someone more in tune with their way of life to replace him. Wrong, Idaho is extremely conservative, you will get a near clone.
    Really? Which group of libs and gays are thinking they'll get someone more liberal? Maybe the extreme crackpots but not any of those with sense.

    Where's Frank Church when you need him?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  24. #49
    MembersZone Subscriber
    RoughRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Don't know much about Utah except I love to ski there and its more convenient for me to bring a case of wine when I go.


    Uh boy wrong State!! Never have been to Idaho!!
    Last edited by RoughRider; 09-06-2007 at 02:34 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

    The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.


    IACOJ PROUD

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    HUH??? Once again, more incoherence. Then again, is expected.
    The only person who didn't understand what I meant was you.....again.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Idaho Wildfires 2007
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:25 AM
  2. Idaho 2005
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 05:14 AM
  3. Idaho & smoke management
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Idaho
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:56 AM
  4. Idaho Fire Danger Status
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 01:25 AM
  5. Idaho Fires
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2002, 03:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register