Forum Member

Default Sen. Larry Craig (R) Idaho

Anyone remember the dressing down he got from GOP IAFF member Rich Banske from Calumet City Il. over his blockage of a collective bargaining biil?
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    Anyone remember the dressing down he got from GOP IAFF member Rich Banske from Calumet City Il. over his blockage of a collective bargaining biil?
    Even more curious is this event occurred last June yet we are only hearing about it now. Must be the liberal media protecting him.

Craig was one of the designated hitters from the GOP railing against Clinton's immorality. Who else isn't surprised of this type of behavior?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Suprised by a hypocritical politician. I would never dream of such a thing.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I agree.....who woulda thunk it? He also was one of the big backers of Idaho's movement to ban gay marriage. But then again, if he got married it would just bog him down in a relationship, and who wants that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    A lot of fairy tales start with "If elected to office..."

Forum Member

In 1998 Republican Senator Larry Craig voted to impeach resident Clinton over sex and perjury charges. Now Larry Craig has pleaded guilty to charges involving him attempting to have gay sex with an undercover police officer in the Men's Room of an airport. Larry claims that he is not gay and that he really didn't do what he pleaded guilty to. But when Clinton was on trial they said that it wasn't really about the sex, but that he lied under oath about it. Today Larry Craig admitted that he lied under oath to a judge when he pleaded guilty in court. Isn't that the same thing that they impeached Clinton over?

When I'm in the airport and I go into the Men's Room, I don't want to think about if there are gay Republican senators in there tapping their feet and looking through keyholes for someone to have oral sex with. But that's just me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In 1998 Republican Senator Larry Craig voted to impeach resident Clinton over sex and perjury charges. Now Larry Craig has pleaded guilty to charges involving him attempting to have gay sex with an undercover police officer in the Men's Room of an airport. Larry claims that he is not gay and that he really didn't do what he pleaded guilty to. But when Clinton was on trial they said that it wasn't really about the sex, but that he lied under oath about it. Today Larry Craig admitted that he lied under oath to a judge when he pleaded guilty in court. Isn't that the same thing that they impeached Clinton over?

When I'm in the airport and I go into the Men's Room, I don't want to think about if there are gay Republican senators in there tapping their feet and looking through keyholes for someone to have oral sex with. But that's just me.
    The guy is a piece of sh*t! End of story. Clinton committed purgery as a sitting President. He is a piece of sh*t as well. It's simple really.

I'm sure fat and ugly pillow biting Barney Frank had to spend hours with Michael Flatley of River Dance to get any attention in the mens room. All bets are off if George Micheal is in the next stall.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 08-29-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

RR... Not defending Barney Frank but at leadt he is honest about what he is. PS...Michael Flatley is married.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Mikey, it’s just my foul ball sense of humor. What really kills me are partisans from both sides will defend frauds and criminals for political gain.

Evidently, foot tapping in the bathroom stall is some sorta gay morse code that you want you want to be mounted. Thus the Mike Flatley reference.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 08-29-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    RR... Not defending Barney Frank but at leadt he is honest about what he is. PS...Michael Flatley is married.
    I do not care for Barney Frank myself, but just come out if you are. Deal with it.

Frank at leats has also admitted paying for male prostitutes. Admit it. I have to respect someone for honesty - even if it is reprehensible conduct.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    But a gay Democrat or Independant would be ok?...LOL, sorry, couldn't resist

Forum Member

Craig on the phone that day with his wife, " I need to go so I can get a hot dog before my plane...."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    But a gay Democrat or Independant would be ok?...LOL, sorry, couldn't resist
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. Glad I read done before I posted it.

There is also another difference between Clinton and this guy. Clinton did it in his place of employment, this guy chose a public place. The more you read about him the more you think he needs the services of a good shrink.

Banned

This is actually getting interesting to say the least. What is truly interesting is that it is the cops word against the Senators word. I got a speeding ticket a few years back when I wasn't speeding. And trust me, if I was speeding I wouldn't hide it. It was my word against the cop, rather than pay for an attorney I just bargained it down and plead guilty to a lesser charge. Economics came into play. How do we know this cop didn't have an ulterior motive? Just trying to be objective. Of course we all know that he doesn't need to resign nor should he be forced too. Bill Clinton set that precedent. All you Bill Clinton supporters, stand up and show your true colors. Be consistent and start defending Larry Craig.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    All you Bill Clinton supporters, stand up and show your true colors. Be consistent and start defending Larry Craig.
    No problem. I'll defend Craig. Craig’s misbehavior, although stupid and tacky, never threatened to violate anyone else’s rights. In fact, even if he is “guilty,” he is guilty of peaceful, consensual behavior. This issue is between he and his family. As far as his remaining in office that is between he and the voters in Idaho.

I am more concerned about Craig's positons on the issues. Some I agree with (like his stance on property rights), but mostly I disagree (like the war in Iraq or gay rights).

His GOP colleagues are calling for his resignation because of his so called perversions. Yet his colleagues continue to support the violence, pain and suffering caused by the propagation of an immoral war against people who never attacked us.

Now THAT is a perversion!
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-30-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Forum Member

The crime isn't that Craig is gay. The crime was his behavior in a public setting. His behavior was, peaceful, but not exactly consensual (at least the plain-clothed officer didn't think so). If you make suggestive sexual remarks in a workplace toward a co-worker, you'd be found guilty of sexual harassment, which is a violation of another's rights. How is this much different? I certainly would like to relieve myself in an airport restroom without being, uh, bothered, by someone I have no attraction for (like, for instance, 60 year old men).

I doubt I'd take it far enough to press charges, I'd probably just punch the guy in the face and leave the room. In this case, it was up to the arresting officer.

Bill Clinton wasn't really in any real trouble until he lied under oath. This guy actually broke the law before he ended up in court. I'd say this is probably worse.

The most ironic thing is, since I have lost nearly all faith in this congress as well as the president, is that most of the people calling for Craig's resignation surely have deep dark secrets of their own. I too am surprised by yet another corrupt politician.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Cool

Good riddance to yesterday's trash.

Forum Member

This clip is from 1999 when the GOP were bringing bogus impeachment charges against Clinton.

The looks on Chris Matthews' face is outstanding.

Forum Member

This clip is from 1999 when the GOP were bringing bogus impeachment charges against Clinton.
    How dare Clinton actually bang a moderately attractive female? I mean, there were so many nice, young males to choose from!

Banned

Actually sunshine, the charges were real and justified. The Senate lacked the gonads to do anything about it. The man had a sexual encounter with an intern in his place of employment. Then he denied it, not only to the American people, but to a COURT OF LAW. He lied under oath!!!!

Imagine your chief taking one of the young probies into the office and having sex. How long do you think he would be chief? Bill Clinton brought more shame and disgrace to the office of the President than any other president.

As for Larry Criag, I don't get it. Didn't we just have a senator who admitted to using prostitutes? Isn't that a crime as well? And how many other misdemeanor crimes are committed by our congressman? How many have felony DWI's? I just wish the idiots on the hill would be consistent. What a sad bunch.

MembersZone Subscriber

All members of Congress are exempt from all laws.

We have seen assaults on police officers, weapons offenses, domestic violence, DUI, official corruption, in addition to public lewdness. Nothing ever happens to them. I don't give a rat's *** what party they are from.

It is little wonder why Congress has such a low approval rating. With the absolute disregard of the basic job function they have-representing the interests of the voters-it is astounding to me that people keep putting this bunch of contemptable morons back in office term after term after term. The public has ratified the above statement. They have granted Congressman a free pass on all laws.

As I have stated for a long time. From the President on down to the local dog catcher, I will NEVER vote for an incumbent again. I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.

Forum Member

Actually sunshine, the charges were real and justified. The Senate lacked the gonads to do anything about it. The man had a sexual encounter with an intern in his place of employment. Then he denied it, not only to the American people, but to a COURT OF LAW. He lied under oath!!!!
    It can't be that big a deal. Bush just pardoned "Scooter" Libby after he did the same thing. Yet nary a peep out of conservatives. So what's your problem with Clinton?

Imagine your chief taking one of the young probies into the office and having sex. How long do you think he would be chief?.
    Eeeewwwww. Have you seen our chief?

Bill Clinton brought more shame and disgrace to the office of the President than any other president
    You clearly don't know much about presidential history. Besides, Bush's presidency has been a failure at every turn, historians will view him as one of the worst ever.

As for Larry Criag, I don't get it. Didn't we just have a senator who admitted to using prostitutes? Isn't that a crime as well? And how many other misdemeanor crimes are committed by our congressman? How many have felony DWI's? I just wish the idiots on the hill would be consistent. What a sad bunch.
    I don't see Dems calling for Craig's resignation. It was his own party that threw him in front of the bus.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    As I have stated for a long time. From the President on down to the local dog catcher, I will NEVER vote for an incumbent again. I don't care which party it is, what the candidates name is or what he has done for me. Term limits would solve this crap but that is not going to happen either. So this is all I can do.
    I agree! The problem is to do that the voters have to know who the incumbent is, something I bet a large percentage of the population doesn't know.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Banned

I just shakle my head at the whole mess. Scooter gets his sentence commuted. What the HE!! Clinton pardons 143 of his buddies. HUH!!! And the list goes on. And then the republicans think they have more moral fiber so they hold themselves to a higher standard. Unbelievable.

The problem with the voting system is that a large majority of the public don't even know what they are voting on. For the most part, voters are uneducated. Just ask most voters if they know where the candidates stand on the issues. Or what they have done in the past. Most will give a blank look. My favorites are this. I think Hillary will make a good president. Why is that? What issues do you like that she is favor of? Response I don't know, I just like her.

Forum Member

I just shakle my head at the whole mess. Scooter gets his sentence commuted. What the HE!! Clinton pardons 143 of his buddies. HUH!!! And the list goes on. And then the republicans think they have more moral fiber so they hold themselves to a higher standard. Unbelievable.
    Bush the smarter pardoned all those involved in waging an illegal war. What's your point?

Clinton's number of pardons doesn't even come close to the highest number given. Should the privilege of pardoning an individual be taken away from the president?

Thread Information