Forum Member

Default BIG strike against juniors

http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=7000562

Don't do what this kid did. quite rediculous. i don't know if i'll be trusting juniors right now. that's gonna leave a big black eye against y'all
    Originally Posted by the1141man
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

Forum Member

Angry

That kid is a moron but to hold this event against all juniors is retarded. There are more FF arsonists than there are junior arsonist.

Forum Member

First of all Almighty Smoke Eater,

Holding it against all juniors is rather pointless, and this is only giving you an excuse to discriminate against the ones that want to be "on the job" for the right reason.

Look at how many firefighter arsonists are in existence. There have been many more reports of adults doing this then juniors. Does this mean you "watch out" for all the other firefighters too? If this leaves one black eye for us, can't forget about the black eyes the "adults" have given the fire service.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by smokeater1310 View Post
    http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=7000562

Don't do what this kid did. quite rediculous. i don't know if i'll be trusting juniors right now. that's gonna leave a big black eye against y'all
    Okay first of all, it is ridiculous.

Secondly, your post is frankly idiotic and discriminatory. Why would this be a black eye against ALL juniors? I mean this is one kid who screwed up and went over the line. It is no more a black eye to all juniors than when one volly firefighter or career firefighter sets a fire. It is that individual and if you judge all by the actions of one you are completely narrow minded and prejudice.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Well ok juniors outside of my county are safe but after this I think a lot of departments may scale back their junior program. Second of half the people on this board seem to trash juniors as it is. I'm just stating the simple facts man a lot of the arson reports I've read lately seem to be junior who want to just get on the engine and ride in it while hearing the siren. Yes it is a black eye to all of us but juniors are going to have it rough for a good long time.
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

makes good girls go bad

Well ok juniors outside of my county are safe but after this I think a lot of departments may scale back their junior program. Second of half the people on this board seem to trash juniors as it is. I'm just stating the simple facts man a lot of the arson reports I've read lately seem to be junior who want to just get on the engine and ride in it while hearing the siren. Yes it is a black eye to all of us but juniors are going to have it rough for a good long time.
    Backpedal, backpedal!!

HotTrotter, do you have another handle?
    You Swedish meatball, you!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

What a bunch of BS...

Tell me, exactly what effect did the last arson fire set by a firefighter have on YOUR FD. Well, assuming of course that none of your firefighters actually set it. I can tell you the effect it had on mine. NaDa, nothing, zero, zilch, not a damn repercussion at all. Why? Because it wasn't US. The only time incidents like this should affect you is if it is your people. Of course on occasion you will have narrow minded people who finger point at all firefighters if one does something bad but certainly they are a minority.

Look, you made a bad post, and now you are trying to save face. You were clearly wrong.

FyredUp

I am starting a big strike against firefighters now, because they set some fires too. Nobody likes that it happens but its no ones fault but that individual jr. Unfortunitly(sp?) this idiot may have ruined the program for that department.

I also don't see half the people on this forum bashing jrs.

This may be one of the stupidest threads I have read.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacklrd View Post
    I am starting a big strike against firefighters now, because they set some fires too. Nobody likes that it happens but its no ones fault but that individual jr. Unfortunitly(sp?) this idiot may have ruined the program for that department.

I also don't see half the people on this forum bashing jrs.

This may be one of the stupidest threads I have read.
    I'm on strike too.

I also agree that this is the stupidest thread I have ever read.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    First of all Almighty Smoke Eater,
    343 made my day.

EDIT: Screw it. Not wasting my time.

I love pointless threads... trolls are cool too.

What the heck... I'm in for the strike too.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Banned

This is a black eye in much the same way we get a black eye anytime a FF commits arson. Then again, we seem to get a black eye anytime a FF does something illegal. There was recently a volunteer around nabbed in a sex sting. Of course that info made it into the headlines, not that it had anything to do with the crime.

And I do happen to like Swedish Meatballs

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post

I love pointless threads... trolls are cool too.

What the heck... I'm in for the strike too.

I'm on strike too. Give me the placard and slogans! Give me.. uh.. what are we striking about again? Ohh look.. something shiny!
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Every department has some bad apples. Eventually, it happens in every department, there is someone who just cannot follow the rules. My department had a junior who thought it would be cool to steal some 800's (radios) and show them off to his friends. He is no longer a member and has been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

You cannot judge an entire group of people by the actions of a small percentage of that group. Not only is it totally inaccurate to do so, it just shows how stupid you truly are.

On a side note, Delaware recently passed legislation to bar convicted felons from serving as firefighters. Some crimes (such as arson and serious felonies) lead to lifelong bans, others (such as misdemeanors) lead to bans of a number of years. (not sure what crimes qualify as what, don't have the law in front of me.)
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm glad chief officers didn't get a black eye and lose the trust of Explorers because an assistant chief got caught frollicking with a sheep a couple years ago.

Perhaps it's because a lot of these explorers are more mature and wiser than you and realize that one person doesn't represent the entirity of a group? Why in God's name would anyone scale back their explorer programs because of one bad apple? That's ingnorance at it's finest.

Forum Member

Want to see something VERY beautiful?

smokeater1310
    This message is hidden because smokeater1310 is on your ignore list.

HotTrotter
    This message is hidden because HotTrotter is on your ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Want to see something VERY beautiful?

I too get those messages for one certain person who doesn't do anything but bash the right and organized religion.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Hold it against all because of the action of one? Absurd.

Several years ago, my dept had an arsonist among us. We suspected him for quite a while but could never prove anything. Believe me, we tried like HELL to trip him up, but it was all suspicions without any proof. Long story short, he eventually f*&ked up and we caught him. He was convicted of felony arson and lost his job as a police officer, and he will never again be a firefighter in NYS because of this.

My point of bringing this up? Did his actions make the rest of my dept a bunch of arsonists? Of course not. Did it reflect badly on us? I think we were down on ourselves a lot more than our citizens were. They supported us, and they were grateful that it was because of us and our due diligence with the investigation that he was convicted, rather than us jumping the gun and accusing him without proof. Had we done that, he might've left the dept voluntarily and continued his crimes elsewhere.

I'm proud of my dept and the way we handled this unfortunate individual, and a few years later I can say that it's not a black eye on us, but rather a testament to the good character of the rest of us that we got the scumbag. I'm just thankful no one was hurt as a result of his actions.

Before you're so quick to judge an entire group based on the actions of one individual, think long and hard about your own life and the mistakes you've made yourself. We all have skeletons in our closets. How would you feel if your family, friends and coworkers were judged because of YOUR actions? Probably not very good, especially since it's not particularly fair criticism.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    And I do happen to like Swedish Meatballs
    Good. You can have all the Swedish meatballs you can handle.

I, of course, prefer Swedish women. Ya know, blonde hair, and big, uh.....life preservers.....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Talking

I think the actions of this junior was idiotic to set a fire. Who knows, maybe he could have been trapped in the building and he already started the fire, so he is putting himself at risk and fire fighters as well. What is the world coming too?! thats all

Forum Member

first of all how could i hottrotter? I've been here since January of 06 but thinks of me as you may I'm glad the woo woo boy didn't do this when I was a junior so bash me as you may but i know this will hurt the junior programs in my county for a good long while. continue your bashing as I do not give a flying F$ck

Administrator

Closed with regard to forum guidelines.
    Webteam..

Thread Information