Forum Member

Default 2 reported LODD's Boston

West Roxbury Boston 4th alarm Wednesday, 29 Aug 2007, 9:35 PM EDT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

2115 hrs last night 1272 Center Street West Roxbury section of Boston had an 4 alarm fire in a Large Chinese resturant , companies arrived within a couple minutes and two members went down were removed by additional companies at the time of this posting 00:09 media sources are stating 7 firefighters were sent to area hospitals 2 were deceased on arrival, 2 are on LiFE support, the remainder are said to have non Life threatening injuries...

Brace for another go..... More imformation will be posted as it becomes available .....

Fox News 25 Boston site had this,
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=1.1.1
    Last edited by SMOKEnPipes; 08-30-2007 at 01:54 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Family.....

No matter where your from, no matter if your paid, volly, paid on-call, what ever........ The death of our own hurts. I do not know them personally, yet they are my family. I have not worked with them professionally, yet they are my family. I have not been to there house, or to the park for a bar-b-que, yet they are my family. For those of you in the area, remember them for the great times you had.....Forget not the other members of our family that will be hurt by this.....the signifcant others, the children, the parents, etc....for when even though we will allways remember, they will want to forget. So help them remember the great times; the birthday parties, weddings, anniverseries, the great things on and off the truck that our fallen family has done in the so short of time that they we re here. And finally lest us all remember, thought more of our fire family are no longer physically with us down here, There on the big dept. up top, checking in, getting gear, saying hi to friends and family gone before, finding a bunk and locker, and watching down on us, maybe even responding and helping us when we dont even know it....... Rest in Peace my Boston Brothers, Rest in Peace....

Jason A. Myer
    USDOI BLM Fire ENOP & Carbon County, WY Paid On Call (Volly) Firefighter

Forum Member

Default Boston Funerals Imfo

A Public viewing for Firefighter Paul J. Cahill Engine Co.30 will be held Wednesday September 5 th at the Holy Name Church 1689 Center Street West Roxbury, Ma. from 12 noon to 6.p.m.
    A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at the Holy Name Church Thursday September 6 th , at 11 a.m.

Viewing for Firefighter Warren J. Payne will be held Friday September 7 at the United House of Prayer for All People, 206 Seaver Street, Dorchester Ma. 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Service starts at 11 a.m.

Parking & staging

for both funerals will be at the Bayside Expo Center 200 Mt Vernon Street Dorchester, Ma. You can access the Bayside parking off of Rt. 93 south & north take exit 15.

MBTA buses will transport all members to the church and following the service to Florian Hall for a collation. Buses will be shuttling members from Florian back to Bayside every 30 minutes from the collation.

Buses will depart Bayside for Thursday's funeral 9:30 a.m.

Buses will depart Bayside for Friday's funeral 11:00 a.m.

Hotels in Boston offering discounts to
    Firefighters attending services in Boston...

Family contribution can be made at the following:
    West Roxbury Fire Fund
    Boston Firefighters Credit Union
    60 Hallet Street
    Boston MA. 02124

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMyer1 View Post
    No matter where your from, no matter if your paid, volly, paid on-call, what ever........ The death of our own hurts. I do not know them personally, yet they are my family. I have not worked with them professionally, yet they are my family. I have not been to there house, or to the park for a bar-b-que, yet they are my family. For those of you in the area, remember them for the great times you had.....Forget not the other members of our family that will be hurt by this.....the signifcant others, the children, the parents, etc....for when even though we will allways remember, they will want to forget. So help them remember the great times; the birthday parties, weddings, anniverseries, the great things on and off the truck that our fallen family has done in the so short of time that they we re here. And finally lest us all remember, thought more of our fire family are no longer physically with us down here, There on the big dept. up top, checking in, getting gear, saying hi to friends and family gone before, finding a bunk and locker, and watching down on us, maybe even responding and helping us when we dont even know it....... Rest in Peace my Boston Brothers, Rest in Peace....

Jason A. Myer
    USDOI BLM Fire ENOP & Carbon County, WY Paid On Call (Volly) Firefighter
    Well said.

Thread Information