MembersZone Subscriber

Default The K33 thread is dead. Leave Your Condolences Here.

Well after nearly 30 pages, the WT locked it down this morning. While I took no part or responsibility in making it, I enjoyed the entertainment value immensely.

I'm still grieving ( ), and I'm sure it will be missed by all, so leave your condolences here.

RIP K33 Thread.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

What bugs me about stuff like the Kentland deal is alot of guys on here preach and preach about not being a monday morning quarterback but who are the first ones to beat up Kentland??? Yep you got it, our own monday morning QBs. I have respect for the guys and with near 7000 calls/year for a 100% volunteer company, I dont know how anyone couldnt. Dont knock them till you've walked a mile in their shoes.
    Buck
    Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Marty Marty Marty .... you takin' on the WT now? hehehe

At least they only locked it and didn't make it disappear into thin air, because I'm about 10 days behind on that thread and it would have sucked for it to be deleted!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

"In the past weeks where more firefighters have once again died in the line of duty, are there not more productive things to do?"

I think this comment is funny......wasn't it just a couple months ago when people were complaining about FH for not having LODD as the top story on the website? I think its a little hypocritical when the initial LODD report was a on the second line under the story about Village firehouses.

But they are in charge so they choose how things are run. I at least have a front seat to the saga. Perhaps you all can refer to the National Enquierer aka Watchdesk for updates.

Stay Safe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cap6888 View Post
    "In the past weeks where more firefighters have once again died in the line of duty, are there not more productive things to do?"

I think this comment is funny......wasn't it just a couple months ago when people were complaining about FH for not having LODD as the top story on the website? I think its a little hypocritical when the initial LODD report was a on the second line under the story about Village firehouses.
    didnt webteam already say that they wont put an lodd as the main headline out of respect to the family?
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    Marty Marty Marty .... you takin' on the WT now? hehehe
    Not at all, I didn't intend to carry on the arguement(s), just a little Lampoon of the "seriousness" of the original subject matter.

I found it surprising that the thread made it as long as it did. Usually, the lockdown comes sooner.

I have already received a very polite PM from the WT, and this thread is certainly as pointless as the original. So if they honestly feel that it will disrupt our little "hippie-love-fest" here in the Off-Duty Forums, they are more than welcome to lock and/or delete it too.

We all know it won't be last we see or hear of Kentland 33.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Not at all, I didn't intend to carry on the arguement(s), just a little Lampoon of the "seriousness" of the original subject matter.

I found it surprising that the thread made it as long as it did. Usually, the lockdown comes sooner.

I have already received a very polite PM from the WT, and this thread is certainly as pointless as the original. So if they honestly feel that it will disrupt our little "hippie-love-fest" here in the Off-Duty Forums, they are more than welcome to lock and/or delete it too.

We all know it won't be last we see or hear of Kentland 33.
    I knew you didn't intend it that way. And I agree with the rest of your post 100%.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    Dont knock them till you've walked a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

IACOJ BOD

That is either a cunning stunt, or a ...
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Sr. Information Officer

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    or a what?
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Sr. Information Officer

Quote Originally Posted by res54cuecaptain View Post
    didnt webteam already say that they wont put an lodd as the main headline out of respect to the family?
    Read the new statement by the Director of News Ops

The Firehouse.Com News Team will make the decision on LODD headline placement based on the impact of the event, the circumstances surrounding the event, NOT the amount of honor to be given to the fallen firefighter. Such honor in our eyes remains constant, equal, and sacred on our Web site no matter the headline location.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking It Certainly Is.........

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post
    or a what?

I think it is a What. or is that WoT??
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post
    or a what?
    This looks like a setup of epic proportion. No way I am going there.

It is pretty funny though - Freudian perhaps. Like the time I asked for two tickets to Pittsburgh but instead asked for two pickets........

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    It is pretty funny though - Freudian perhaps. Like the time I asked for two tickets to Pittsburgh but instead asked for two pickets........
    Oh my God. I just laughed at something HotTrotter typed. And not cause it was stupid.

Hell must be pretty cold.........

AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

FossilMedic

Default Posted on the Kentland website

PRESS RELEASE FROM KENTLAND VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT

Friday, August 31, 2007- On Wednesday, August 29, 2007 the leaders of Kentland Volunteer Fire Department, Incorporated met with the leaders of the Prince George’s County Fire Department, including Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Public Safety Director Vernon Herron.

Many issues were discussed about staffing the ambulance, housing, and relationships between personnel. We believe to be working in the same direction with the members of Kentland Volunteer Fire Department and with Prince George’s County Officials.

To date the county has agreed to staff the ambulance, and our department is seeking housing facilities for the extra personnel assigned to the station. Space will be made available in the existing building to house the ambulance, for safety and security issues.

These possible arrangements will be discussed at our next company meeting, which is Tuesday, September 4, 2007. At the conclusion of our meeting it was requested that some consideration be made to terminate the restriction placed on Kentland (33) to respond out of their 1st due area. It was brought to the attention of the Fire Department leadership that it has been over 9 days that the citizens have been neglected emergency service in surrounding areas. During the Labor Day weekend staffing of surrounding stations are reduced and the call for emergency services increased.

The Kentland Volunteer Fire Department does not condone this policy, and wants it to be on record that any harm brought to the citizens and visitors of the county during this restriction of service shall not blemish our willingness to serve the community.

The leadership and members of Kentland Volunteer Fire Department would like to express our sincere gratitude to many of the county council members and several state officials for their understanding and support during these trying times.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe Labor Day

As far as I know, the restriction continues. {at the time of this posting, this thread had 339 views.}

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    or is that WoT??
    HEY NOW! Leave the WoTs out of this, thank you very much!! This WoT is completely and totally innocent.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

If we ignore these 33 guys will they just go away like a bad dream?
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Trust me.......that doesn't work

FossilMedic

Default Rally report

33's front ramp is filled with people: 150 to 200
    Looks like ten pumpers arrived, many from the other volunteer organizations in PG

Someone is making a speech - looks like one of those union organizing rallys of the 1930s.

Forum Member

thanks Mike I was just going to see if anyone had a status report on that. Any pictures >?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

FossilMedic

Default Rally pictures (from The Watchdesk)

courtesy "lady steph"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MikeWard; 09-02-2007 at 07:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's a question in regards to all the apparatus and personnel at this rally. Who is pretecting thier first due while they are at this shindig?

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to complain that limiting K33 to their first due is hurting the public while all these firetrucks and firefighters are sitting out of their district?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Here's a question in regards to all the apparatus and personnel at this rally. Who is pretecting thier first due while they are at this shindig?

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to complain that limiting K33 to their first due is hurting the public while all these firetrucks and firefighters are sitting out of their district?
    You really think these departments pulled all of the apparatus out of their first due to go to the rally? Many companies have 2 wagons, so sending one with a couple guys over to "hangout" isn't a problem. The second wagon stays in service with a crew. If you look at some of the apparatus their and the respective stations they come from, sending one rig isn't a big deal. There is enough "saturation" of companies in PG that sending a piece to 33 doesn't really change who responds on boxes.

There's a big difference between having a station that is closer to an incident not being allowed to respond, versus having a company out of place and ending up 3rd or 4th due instead of 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, it's no different than pulling a rig out for an oil change.

But let's not get too serious here, we're not supposed to be continuing the discussion right?

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    You really think these departments pulled all of the apparatus out of their first due to go to the rally?
    No, I am not naive enough to believe that. Perhaps I picture stations being similar to that of K33, 2 engines and a truck, similar to your two wagon statement. Now, you take an engine out of service to go to some shindig, cutting your trucks by a third or half.

Moreso, I consider it silly to pull a truck out of one department just to take it to a rally. Perhaps that's a mindset from my area that doesn't apply to PG. Our trucks don't leave the district unless it's for major work (routine stuff is done in house) or for mutual aid. No parades or other events; it was purchased to protect our community, not to show off to other communities.

Just seems hypocritical (at face value at least) to me to have that many apparatus sitting outside of their respective response area for a rally, which is pretty contraversial to begin with.

I don't pretend to know how things work in PG, just voicing an opinion and thought. I'll let it go back to having fun, it just irritated me when I saw it.

Thread Information