Thread: Anyone here?

Forum Member

Nordy1,
    I am up there for work. I manage the closed landfill that is just south of the waste transfer station. We have a flare that burns off the methane gas from the degrading trash, I drive up to check it once a week. It's a heck of a long drive for what has been 15 minutes of work, usually I am there alot longer. Sound like the company I work for may hire someone at our Duluth office to do the job instead, it's cheaper for them, at least that's what they think. So I may not be driving up there anymore, but no word either way yet. It's great, they made me buy my truck cause I drive too much in a year (abour 50,000 miles), then they say they are going to take away all the mileage that pays for the truck, at least the company takes care of their employees, (a**holes). My truck costs half my paycheck to maintain and pay for, so that means either I have an expensive truck, or I get paid crap, both are true. Sorry to rant, I will be up there tomorrow (10/18), give me a call if you see this before about 1:30pm, I may still be around. I will have my co-worker and fellow Chaska Fire Fighter with me.
    My name is Nate, 952-292-2669.

Forum Member

Talking

Nordy,
    If you read this tonight before about 10:00pm, give me a call tonight, I'll see if I can't swing into the station and get you a CFD t-shirt if you'd like.
    mmmdiesel (Nate)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default thanks

Hey thanks for the welcome MMMD... it is appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default mmmdiesel

One of these times we will get it. What days do you come up?
    Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.
    What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.

Nordy

Forum Member

Talking

I come up usually on Wednesdays. Monday is drill night, Tuesday and Thursday is Firefighter II. Really the only day I have time to drive up and back is Wednesday, I don't like to drive all day Friday. I probably won't be up till the week after Thanksgiving. It will more than likely be the 28th of Nov. I'll try to post on here when I know for sure.
    If I don't get on before, Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving!

Forum Member

The 28th we will probably be doing some confined space work on the landfill, so we should be calling your department to let you guys know what we are doing, incase we need assistance. We will see.

MembersZone Subscriber

Could you let me know for sure if your coming on the 28th? You will be doing confined space at the land fill up here?
    Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.
    What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.

Nordy

Thread Information