Thread: Anyone here?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Anyone here?

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone else from Mn visits the forums.

MembersZone Subscriber

yep, i stop in every so often. like to see if any body has news on hirings. I know roch and duluth are taking apps right now. I'm applying to Duluth for sure, I really want to apply for Roch (dream dept) but I won't have my NREMT cert until 11 sept which is one day after apps are accepted. I was pretty ****ed, all about timing I guess.

Forum Member

Default roch and duluth

Have you called to see if they will accept your packet with the understanding you will be disqualified if you don't pass the exam?? I am from the duluth area and if I were 10 years younger I'd try to get on the job up there but I'm happy with what I'm doing and the dept I'm on now is a nice pace of only 300 calls a year. DUluth is kinda scary also with only 3 person engine/truck cos.

Truckie

Another Minnesotan-St. Paul. Get here once in a while if there is a new post and to see if any have been hired.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

yea i called, they won't even take an app if you don't have your NREMT cert and # on there. i'm still a young pup(28) so i am sure i'll have another shot if i don't get picked up somewhere else.

Forum Member

Default Rum

Say is there any word on St Paul hiring anytime soon? What does St Paul run for staffing compliment on engine/truck/rescue?

Truckie

Still working off the existing list and they just took a few more from that. As far as a new test, with St. Paul hosting the GOP convention, I can't see it happening until late '08.
    Staffing:
    Engine 4
    Truck 4
    Rescue 5
    That is unless our interim Chief and Mayor can continue to cut us.....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

South Metro Fire is testing (south saint paul & West saint paul). You need 4 years POC experience or 2 years FT experience.

Forum Member

Default South Metro

How many are they looking to hire and are they accepting 35+ y/o aka old farts.

MembersZone Subscriber

I check this site everynow and then also. Usually it is pretty quiet. Everyone from MN that checks out these forums should post. Get a idea of how many of us their are.
    Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.
    What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Just moved to the area in July. Moved from the NC mountains. Bring on the cold!!! Hoping to get on a POC, but not close enough to any of those districts.

Stay Safe

SMT

Forum Member

Another Minnesotan here. Don't check in often but then again, I just found the site a week or two ago, and have been a volunteer ff for about two months.

Forum Member

Smile Nordy

Where in Northern Mn?

SMT...... It'll be here soon enough. Then most will be screaming for the summer again..

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile new to minnesota

I'm new to Minnesota and have lived/worked as a firefighter in Iowa and Indiana... I'm so hoping to getting on a department soon. I applied for south metro and rochester... I really like the smaller departments... I like the chance to actually contribute to the department instead of just working for it.

Forum Member

firecaptseeney,
    Welcome to Firehouse and MN.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default rfdmn09

Int'l Falls, Right next to the greatest lake in the world. Rainy Lake!
    Of course I am biased.
    Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default mmmdiesel

Say Hi to Scott (whitey) Bradley for me. I attended a training officer seminar last winter and met him.

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nordy

It's been a few years since I've been to up there. The furthest north I get now days is my parents in Cotton.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default MnRFD09

Your from Cotton. Long way from home. Do you know anybody from Rushford or Lansboro? I have some relatives down there. I think Rockford is around their? Isn't it? Beutiful counrty down there.

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nordy

Nordy,
    Rockford is located on the Hennepin/Wright County line about 15 miles west of Plymouth. Some say it's "metro", others say not. It's very nice to be close to everything in the "cities" . But yet we have clean air and only get about 300 calls a year!

Forum Member

Nordy,
    I'm up in I. Falls usually once a week, beautiful area. I found out that one of the State Troopers up there is very nice. Doing 70 in a 50 mph (had been doing 70 for almost 5 hours straight didn't realize I was going that fast.), Trooper talked to me about being on the Chask Fire Dept. and then talked about my truck, he then told me to keep it at a resonable pace and walked away. Coud have cost me $122.00. I thought that was darn nice.
    Is it finally getting cold out up there?
    Maybe we could get together sometime so we can put a face to the name.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default mmmdiesel

Yeah, It is pretty laid back up here. Some of the troopers up here are real nice guys. It is not to cold up here yet. There is frost every morning now. Daytime hi's around 50. What do you travel up here for once a week? We could meet at the fire hall sometime.

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire School's (sectional's) in MN

Any of you attend the schools around the state? In northern MN we used to go to Duluth fire school ( just a 2 or 3 day training weekend), but FF stopped attending and we don't have it anymore. I got alot of experience going to that over the years. Now we have alot of new FF's that need experience but no school to send them to. I was just wondering what other dept's have been attending other schools and how is the attendence? I read a article about the Rochester one and if I remember right their attendence was like 500. Anyone go to that one?

Nordy

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Sectional's

Nordy is there anything offered in Virginia anymore?? When I first joined 6 years ago some of the guys went to Virginia. Since we're so close to the cities we now just wait for the ones down here and a few go to Alexandria. I haven't been to one myself but I do hope to get to a couple here next year as my schedule should allow me to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default MnRFD09

No Virginia schools anymore. We will probably start sending FF's down there.

Nordy

Thread Information