Thread: 2008 Afg

  1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Rockford, ND
    Posts
    133

    Default 2008 Afg

    Any thoughts on the future of the AFG program? I have not followed the legislation that close, but if I remember correctly the "Fire Act" legislation carried us through 2007.

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    The AFG is authorized through FY 2010.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ga. Power Co./ Juliette Ga
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Now if they will just fund it every year.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    No what they need to do is fund it at the level it was orginally approved at; $1 billion per year! Fat chance of that right now thanks to Iraq!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Diane E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Location
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    No what they need to do is fund it at the level it was orginally approved at; $1 billion per year! Fat chance of that right now thanks to Iraq!
    And Katrina.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    No what they need to do is fund it at the level it was orginally approved at; $1 billion per year! Fat chance of that right now thanks to Iraq!
    Ok, I have to drop one here now that this has come up. Geek Squad help me out here. 1 billion a year was original number. Say that grant had been 1 billion, minus the 20 % service charge taken off the top each year at the fed level, then minus what has been the total monies requested each year.
    Grnated there have been several who have submitted the same grant over and over trying to get thru reviews. I just wonder where things would stand at this point.
    Would there still be a lot grant request or would we be seeing things wind down by now?
    (Of course if the funding had gone that way we would still be waiting on equipment from 05 monies because of how much was ordered)

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Ok, I have to drop one here now that this has come up. Geek Squad help me out here. 1 billion a year was original number. Say that grant had been 1 billion, minus the 20 % service charge taken off the top each year at the fed level, then minus what has been the total monies requested each year.
    Grnated there have been several who have submitted the same grant over and over trying to get thru reviews. I just wonder where things would stand at this point.
    Would there still be a lot grant request or would we be seeing things wind down by now?
    (Of course if the funding had gone that way we would still be waiting on equipment from 05 monies because of how much was ordered)
    WJVaughn I beleive that is a question best pondered on the front porch in a rocking chair with a Gentelman Jack on the rocks and a fine Cuban.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12

    Default Amen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    WJVaughn I beleive that is a question best pondered on the front porch in a rocking chair with a Gentelman Jack on the rocks and a fine Cuban.
    Amen... and amen.

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Ok, I have to drop one here now that this has come up. Geek Squad help me out here. 1 billion a year was original number. Say that grant had been 1 billion, minus the 20 % service charge taken off the top each year at the fed level, then minus what has been the total monies requested each year.
    I'm thinking the admin is capped at 5% each year, which is pretty amazing to start with. And...given what they have to do...there's no way i could run the show better.

    earl

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need to replace equipment soon - possible 07 AFG award
    By quaker49 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM
  2. Harry Carter's AFG Road Show!
    By EastKyFF in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 11:27 PM
  3. Harry Carter's AFG Road Show!
    By EastKyFF in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
  4. AFG guidance
    By chtucker in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
  5. Bush Signs DHS Appropriations bill 06...AFG CUT!!!!
    By SamsonFCDES in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register