MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    I'm obviously a Pirates fan (being that it is my alma matar). I think it's great we won over UNC over the weekend, but the Southern Miss. game coming up I'm not so sure about. VT killed us with their tight ends and thats a strength that I think Southern Miss. possess too. I hope we can continue the momentum that we started last year with six wins. (Hey, we take what we can get around here.)
    My daughter goes to JMU and I have season tix. They were down 14-0 to UNC due to turnovers in the first quarter and couldn't get out of the hole. They had a brand new offense with a new QB and just couldn't make it click until the 3rd quarter. I was not terribly impressed with UNC and, despite their new coach, I gotta believe that it will be a long season in Chapel Hill.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    My daughter goes to JMU and I have season tix. They were down 14-0 to UNC due to turnovers in the first quarter and couldn't get out of the hole. They had a brand new offense with a new QB and just couldn't make it click until the 3rd quarter. I was not terribly impressed with UNC and, despite their new coach, I gotta believe that it will be a long season in Chapel Hill.
    They defiantly need to step it up before the season really heats up and they start playing tough ACC teams.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    They defiantly need to step it up before the season really heats up and they start playing tough ACC teams.
    Wait, maybe I misunderstood you...ACC teams...good? I thought I just saw the complete dismantling of VT, typically an ACC strength, by LSU. I pull for the ACC b/c my girlfriend goes to BC, but I can't lie to myself about the conference. I'll admit my Big 12 South is pretty mediocre except for the OU powerhouse and an only above average Texas.

As for USC vs. Nebraska...as much as Nebraska has started to right the ship, I think they can't match USC's offensive firepower. I don't know too much about USC's run defense, but I imagine if they can hold Marlon Lucky to 100 yds. or so, that USC will enjoy at least a 10 point victory.
    Last edited by vegas0012; 09-13-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by fdmhbozz View Post
    When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
    Amen Brother!!!!

Forum Member

Against my better judgement (and my quickly emptying pockets), Im going to take Michigan again today.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

This might be off the topic of this thread, but I didn't see the need to start a new one...

I came across a video today of OSU's Mike Gundy chastising the press for a bad article written about one fo his QB's. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch...I applaud the man for sticking to his prinicples. It's nice to see that some people still maintain honor in college athletics...
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Yea, the speech was great, a instant classic.

Forum Member

I do not follow sports HS, college, or professional with one exception.............in 2 months, Navy will beat Army.

To me this is the only collegiate or athletic endeavor worth watching. Nothing is on the line but true school spirit, honor, commitment, and what usually turns out to be a fantastic football game played with all heart but true scholar athletes.

No one is vying for professional NFL or NBA contracts. Nothing but the love of the game and Honor.

Not that it is worth much nowadays.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Any FCS fans out there? SawJMU wipe the field with Villanova this weekend. They are one of about eight teams that have a legit shot at the FCS (formerly Div I-AA) Championship.

the 4-1-4

I do not follow sports HS, college, or professional with one exception.............in 2 months, Navy will beat Army.

You have to follow them for more than one game, they do play full schedules. Don't forget that Air Force sticks their nose in there, too. Coast Guard also competes very well on the Division-3 level for football.
    http://www.uscgasports.com/content/blogcategory/15/76/

See all the sport you're missing out on?

Forum Member

USC won ugly, but still won. Quite a few upsets and near upsets this past weekend. LSU had difficulty with Tulane in what should have been a walkover.

Be interesting to see how the polls look this week.

I really don't have a favorite team. Both of my kids attended colleges with no football teams.

I'm just glad to see a SoCal team in the hunt for a national championship.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    You have to follow them for more than one game, they do play full schedules. Don't forget that Air Force sticks their nose in there, too. Coast Guard also competes very well on the Division-3 level for football.
    http://www.uscgasports.com/content/blogcategory/15/76/

See all the sport you're missing out on?
    Eh, I have better things to do. Truth is that professional, college, High School, or even junior sports do not interest me at all. I find it so boring. I like playing sports and all, just can't stand to sit there and watch it.

There is just something about the Army - Navy game that gets me.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

FlaFireGator,

You coming up to Lexington...here there is a little game going on there on the 20th.

If you or any of your friends do show up feel free to head over to the UKMC and sign Lt. Carlin's visit book. Lt. Carlin was burned in a structure fire on the 8th and is in the burn ward. I'll know he would appreciate the visit...even from a Gator fan....

MembersZone Subscriber

I just watched the most unbelievable comeback I have seen in a long time. BC was shut out for 58 minutes. Then they score 14 points in 2 minutes to beat VT. What a two minute drill.

Onside kick was a gutsy call.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bc

BC is a solid team. I just don't think they'll have the athleticism to fall back on like a lot of the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 teams, etc. can.

VT's defense dominated that game all night (except the end of course)

Hook 'em Horns!

BOILER UP!

Bye, bye Car in Michigan and hello Les Miles

MembersZone Subscriber

Hope you all watch Sat. to see MIZZOU beat KU and pave there way to the national Championship.

BOILER UP!

Quote Originally Posted by giweff View Post
    Hope you all watch Sat. to see MIZZOU beat KU and pave there way to the national Championship.
    I would not have a problem with Mizzou playing LSU for the title.

Forum Member

I hope this does not happen! I live 25 miles away from Lawrence and was born and raised a Hawk fan and a Tiger hater!

All in all, Should be a DAMN good game!\

OH and GO HAWKS!
    DONK

All that I have posted are only my opinions and absolutely have nothing to do with my department and any other affiliations.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by donk7267 View Post
    All in all, Should be a DAMN good game!\
    I hear that! I wish KU had played Oklahoma at some point so I had a better feeling on Mizzou's chances. What concerns me is MU beating KU and having to play OU again for the championship. I believe it'd be at OU since they beat the Tigers already?

How in the hell did KU and MU end up in the top five, anyway? I've seen it in basketball, but never football. Should be fun to watch things play out, though! Maybe Mizzou can actually move up to #3 in the BCS if they beat Kansas (I'll never be able to understand how that works, #5 leapfrogs #4 )

GO TIGERS

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hook 'Em Horns

All I know is that after an unlikely loss to Texas Tech, I'm desperately hoping for OU to do the same thing playing Oklahoma State. Please!!! Horn's get to go to the Big XII championship that way!

Forum Member

Exclamation No go for UT

The Aggies gigged em', sorry.

A&M beat UT two years in a row? Man, thats just crazy.

MembersZone Subscriber

So how good was that Mizzou KU game? KU had me worried a little bit at the end. Can't wait to watch MU beat Oklahoma Next week. Missouri should have beat them the first game but it was at there place on homecoming none the less and Missouri made a couple of stupid play in the fourth. I don’t see them loosing on neutral turf. But anything can happen.

MembersZone Subscriber

So how good was that Mizzou KU game? KU had me worried a little bit at the end. Can't wait to watch MU beat Oklahoma Next week. Missouri should have beat them the first game but it was at there place on homecoming none the less and Missouri made a couple of stupid play in the fourth. I don’t see them loosing on neutral turf. But anything can happen.
    I thought MU was going to throw the thing away! Was it me, or did they go into the "let's not lose" mode instead of keeping up the attack?

One thing does keep sticking in my head. MU had 14 penalties for 141 yards, Kansas only 2 for 26. WTF? I'm not one to point fingers at refs, but I saw a number of penalties that could have been called that weren't, or those that were questionable were flagged. Of course, I wouldn't want to risk a $10K fine for questioning the Big 12's officiating.

All-in-all, that was a fun game to watch! I had been questioning of KU was for real since they really haven't seen a lot of competition. K State and MU I think are the only ranked teams they've played. But, they showed themselves as a good team and I hope they make a good bowl, which I assume they should.

Now, let's see if the Tigers can keep from screwing themselves out of a win with OU next week. That's the only thing keeping them from playing for the championship that I can see.

Thread Information