Thread: bucks county

Forum Member

Default bucks county

how many fellow brothers out there are going to bucks county for their ff1 & ff2 in a couple weeks? im just looking to talk to a few of us and maybe we could get together or carpool there, just a thought.
    No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
    ~W. A. Nance~

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    ~Walt Disney~

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    ~Mark Twain~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
    ~James R. Cook~

Life don't suck. Life is what you make of it.
    ~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Default Bucks Co.

You already know that I'll be there.

Forum Member

true true. i have a friend of mine that might go. hes thinking about the iraq job too. after this i have to get either my EMT card again or a first responder card. fun fun fun.
    No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    ~Mark Twain~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
    ~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Default Fun indeed...

Yeah, I'm still trying to find a First Responder course to squeeze into. I might just challenge the EMT-D test though.

Forum Member
    Spotsylvania Va, Currently S. Baghdad Iraq

i rekon im lucky that virginia proboards all the major certs and what not but just curious what dont new york and new jersey dont give out proboards???? or is it just the county you guys trained in?? sorry to take jack your thread just curious bud

Forum Member

its cool. yeah all i can seak for is my county, we only get new york certs. it sucks because the rest of the country gets the good ones. i know suffolk fire academy dont do anything to help us get the good ones. this is the reason me and "GOTFLAMES" need to go out of state to challenge the tests.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

MembersZone Subscriber

Man, I'm surprised WSIFire hasn't been in here yet to fire it up. Maybe you got to him last time.

Firefly, I'm NOT busting on you the way WSIFire did about Bucks County. I don't know jack about you except what you've said about yourself on here. Sounds like you know your stuff and have some real experience.

That said, I'm just gonna tell you to be prepared to take some guff once you arrive at a site about the Bucks County certs. True or not, fair or not, the place has a rep for being a paper mill with the only limit on your ability to get certified being the size of your checkbook (i.e. How many tests can you afford to challenge?). Best thng you can do is let it be like water off a duck's back. Keep quiet and let your ability show.

You may get lucky and not catch any crap over it. I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to be prepared for some.

Speaking only for myself, I've known 2 guys here whose certs were from Bucks County. That is to say they are the ones who I specifically knew that's where they got the paper. Might have been others I didn't know about. Anyway, the two I knew of, I wouldn't want them on a garden hose with me, much less an attack line inside a fire. But then, these two guys were ******bags all around, and probably would've been that way regardless of where they got papers. That they had the certs speaks for how easy those challenge tests must be.

Firefly and Gotflames, best of luck to both of you when you get here. I promise not to hold the Cracker Jack crumbs against you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcuf9905 View Post
    Man, I'm surprised WSIFire hasn't been in here yet to fire it up. Maybe you got to him last time.

Firefly, I'm NOT busting on you the way WSIFire did about Bucks County. I don't know jack about you except what you've said about yourself on here. Sounds like you know your stuff and have some real experience.

That said, I'm just gonna tell you to be prepared to take some guff once you arrive at a site about the Bucks County certs. True or not, fair or not, the place has a rep for being a paper mill with the only limit on your ability to get certified being the size of your checkbook (i.e. How many tests can you afford to challenge?). Best thng you can do is let it be like water off a duck's back. Keep quiet and let your ability show.

You may get lucky and not catch any crap over it. I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to be prepared for some.

Speaking only for myself, I've known 2 guys here whose certs were from Bucks County. That is to say they are the ones who I specifically knew that's where they got the paper. Might have been others I didn't know about. Anyway, the two I knew of, I wouldn't want them on a garden hose with me, much less an attack line inside a fire. But then, these two guys were ******bags all around, and probably would've been that way regardless of where they got papers. That they had the certs speaks for how easy those challenge tests must be.

Firefly and Gotflames, best of luck to both of you when you get here. I promise not to hold the Cracker Jack crumbs against you.
    lol, now thats funny. lol. see i likeyour attitude too. from the way it looks you are the type of guy i could get along with .. no judging until you meet people.

i really dont care what people think or say to me. in my deptartment the probies get treated like total crap and i went through it just like anyone else adn that lasted a year. im talking stuff like calling me at home at about 3am and telling me to get to the firehouse, when i got there they told me that my job was to get the capt. his beer (it was about 2 feet away from him) and that if i decide to leave that they are just going to call me up when they want another one. it kind of sucks when i have to be at work at 6am. we also did alot of hazeing too and making the probies feel like crap. but it made all of us closer than any other company not only in my dept but the town i live in too.

im sure i can handle what people have to say. like i said the only reason "GOTFLAMES" and i going through them is because NY dont give out the good ones we need to get in the sand, but like you said ill just let my actions, attitude and expierence speak for me and what i am capable of doing.

tell you the truth im still waiting for "WSIFIRE" to chime in .. i was gonna say cracker jack as the title instead of bucks county, i just didnt want to hinder anyone posting that has less thicker skin than i do.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

MembersZone Subscriber

Bucks county is all about the money and they don't even have a residential burn building anymore because it got condemed! Good Luck

Forum Member

Wink Cracker Jax, Mmmm, Mmmm GOOD!

I agree to everything that Firefly said. Furthermore, only about 4-5 states nationwide don't do IFSAC or Proboard certs. I don't know why, but I'm sure it is some political thing.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It's gonna be an adjustment for sure but I'm up for the challenge and lookin' forward to the adventure! (not to worry, I know when to just shut up)

Firefly: hey, don't blame me for "no-show". I tried to make nice and wish he would post some more insight. I actually think I have a better idea of what I'm getting into because of his posts.
    Also, if they don't have a burn building (condemned?) then it narrows down the tests doesn't it?

Don't forget to look for the "toy surprise"! Hey! I got a compass! (doesn't really work too well, though)

Forum Member

na im not to woried. i try to look at all posts so i can get a better feel for everything, not just how the job will be but the attitudes of the guys there. i feel you have to look at the good and the bad to get the real feeling of things. as for the burn house. lol. youre right. lol. the faster i ghe through it the better. i just want to go to iraq so i could start making some good money and see some different countries.

you got the compass!!!! damn... ill keep my eye out for the decoder ring. lol. when you see me at bucks ill have a damn probie shield on my helmet. the department i joined dont do transfers, gotta start all over again. lol.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Default What's in a shield?

Probie shield, schmobie shield! You know who you are. Like someone else here said, let your skills do the talking! That does kinda suck that they make you wear one, though. Well, when you see me, I'll be in the red helmet with the Lt. shield. Think that'll make me a target for the evaluators? Officers seem to get picked on at academies, ya know?
    Doesn't mean anything really. It is an elected position in my company (as long as you meet the years in and training standards for the position). As far as anyone else knows, I could just be a heck of a nice guy and very popular with the fellas. I do take the responsibility seriously, however.

All right, countdown to downtown! See ya there!

Forum Member

yeah you might be the target. lol. ill make sure i stand next to you the whole time. lol. its an electted position in my dept too. my company members wanted me to run for officer but one of the quallifications are that one must be driver quallified, i personally didnt want to be a driver because i know my luck and i would miss EVERY fire for years to come. i just rather be on the knob doing the job from the inside. i kind of regret not becomming one but i guess we can live in the past. this time arounf weather for WSI or my dept. i want to go through the ranks. i feel i have some good things under my belt that i can pass onto other guys. in my last dept they treated me like an officer anyway. lol.. i just didnt have the title. i was acting officer for a few good fires too. yeah the time is creaping up on us. lol. whe you get a chance hit me up on my email, i want to ask you a couple of questions.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Default ?

Firefly,
    Did ya get my email?

Forum Member

no, wierd. email me at lenbil24@aol.com
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

well, im not going to be able to head to bucks this weekend. i blew the tranny in my car and the weekend is just jampacked with things i need to do. i will be going on oct 21st and the 27th. GOOD LUCK to all who will be going this weekend.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

i havent been on here in a little while, but i figure i would let people know that i am one step close to my goal of going over seas. now to pass the ff2 in november, then the CFR.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

What is the big deal about these bucks county certs? I'm from Texas and we have IFSAC certs. As far as ours go, they are not real difficult but they require quite a few hours and training to get. Just curious.

Forum Member

Default You blew WHAT?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFly61875 View Post
    well, im not going to be able to head to bucks this weekend. i blew the tranny in my car and the weekend is just jampacked with things i need to do. i will be going on oct 21st and the 27th. GOOD LUCK to all who will be going this weekend.
    WAIT you blew a tranny in your car and now your jam packed?

HMMM I'm worried about you.
    Last edited by FIRESKEITH; 10-22-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Laughing too much to spell correctly

Forum Member

lol. thank god i only blew MY tranny and not A tranny. lol.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Default Bucks county = sucks county

I don't care who you guys are, how good you are, how much you already know, or how much experience you have. You might be God's gift to firefighting.

The truth is that Bucks county will give certs to anyone with a pulse and enough money, and the pulse isn't an absolute requirement. You don't like the truth? ****** off.

The name of the place fits it perfectly. Maybe they could make it "Got Bucks?" instead, but its close enough for now.

Forum Member

like i said before. my state does not give out the right certs, this is why i have to go to bucks. im not claiming that im any great superhero firefighter, i have my years under my belt. if you can come up here and change what NY fives out so i dont have to go to bucks then please do so.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFly61875 View Post
    like i said before. my state does not give out the right certs, this is why i have to go to bucks. im not claiming that im any great superhero firefighter, i have my years under my belt. if you can come up here and change what NY fives out so i dont have to go to bucks then please do so.

Bro don't let it get to you. NJ is like NY and is not a pro board either. They have there own crazy thing going on. Its not stating its any less of a school but not recognized. I just got lucky and went to an academy that offered pro boards. You know what you can do and it shouldn't matter about the stereotype of Bucks. I highly doubt someone is going to judge by where you went to school but more on what you do on the job.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

this is true. i dont know why he got to me today. i usually dont think twice when people say crap like that. oh well, guess he won this one. lol. i heard about NJ, i dont get why the north east gives different certs.
    ~W. A. Nance~

~Walt Disney~

~Mark Twain~

~James R. Cook~

~FIREFLY~

MembersZone Subscriber

Default info

Dear Firefighters:

The Notice of Class Arbitration has been approved by the Arbitrator and we anticipate it being sent by mail within the next couple of weeks.

Additionally, our website now contains information regarding the class action, including the demand for arbitration, information on the arbitrator and our law firm, and two of the arbitratorís rulings.

Feel free to check it out at www.EmploymentLawTampa.com/about.jsp

Candy Stead, Assistant

Law Offices of Cynthia N. Sass, P.A.
    601 West Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd

Tampa, Florida 33603
    (813) 251-5599 - Phone

(813) 259-9797 - Facsimile

www.EmploymentLawTampa.com

Thread Information