Thread: Enforsys

  1. #1
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default Enforsys

    We are dispatched by our PD, they use Enforsys for their cad system.

    I would love to have some pre-plan information and the ability to send text messages to firefighter's cell phones automatically from the cad.

    Does anyone have any experience with enforsys products and their use for the fire service?

    Right now, the PD would like us to start implementing on board pc's but they claim they cannot separate the police information, which the FD does not need (or want!).

    Thanks
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    I don't see anything on their website that indicates its design or intention to work well as a fire/ems CAD. It appears to be a police system and thats it. So your FD being on it is probably just more police units as far as the software is concerned. Therefore, it probably can't treat you any differently and any vehicle MDT is going to be like a police MDT.

    Depending on the database design, text paging could be doable since it can be driven by call type. But if the CAD doesn't do it on its own, you would need a 3rd party software such as InfoRAD and someone good with database management to integrate it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default Enforsys CAD

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    We are dispatched by our PD, they use Enforsys for their cad system.

    I would love to have some pre-plan information and the ability to send text messages to firefighter's cell phones automatically from the cad.

    Does anyone have any experience with enforsys products and their use for the fire service?

    Right now, the PD would like us to start implementing on board pc's but they claim they cannot separate the police information, which the FD does not need (or want!).

    Thanks
    Chief,

    I work for Enforsys and yes we can send text etc via CAD if you are a EE CAD user or a BLUE CAD user. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. We can dispacth for PD,FIRE and EMS.

    Regards,
    Steve

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default Enforsys CAD

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    I don't see anything on their website that indicates its design or intention to work well as a fire/ems CAD. It appears to be a police system and thats it. So your FD being on it is probably just more police units as far as the software is concerned. Therefore, it probably can't treat you any differently and any vehicle MDT is going to be like a police MDT.

    Depending on the database design, text paging could be doable since it can be driven by call type. But if the CAD doesn't do it on its own, you would need a 3rd party software such as InfoRAD and someone good with database management to integrate it.
    We can do text and paging etc from our CAD if you purchased the EE CAD or BLUE CAD. We can just dispatch FIRE or EMS from our CAD's or do Multi-jurisdictional including all PD's,FIRE and EMS. Feel free to contact me anytime if I could be of any help.

  5. #5
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssargese View Post
    Chief,

    I work for Enforsys and yes we can send text etc via CAD if you are a EE CAD user or a BLUE CAD user. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. We can dispacth for PD,FIRE and EMS.

    Regards,
    Steve
    How can you be reached Steve? I tried to send you a PM, but didn't see that option.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    How can you be reached Steve? I tried to send you a PM, but didn't see that option.
    Chief,

    my e-mail is ssargese@enforsys.com and my direct phone number is 973-576-9037. Please feel free to contact me anytime either by e-mail or phone.

    Regards,
    Steve

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Enforsys Problems

    For a good CAD system i recommend a company called Lawsoft. Enforsys just went to the upgrade of Enforsys Blue. They charge companies to get the upgrade however for a Fire Department like yours it doesnt pay. Enforsys Blue is the upgrade thats cause they changed the color on the system (hence the word blue) and they have crime mapping. I doubt they have Arson mapping so why pay that extra money since its no use to you. The other problem with Enforsys is there tech support. For any support they charge you to leave a message. Lawsoft is more of a personalized support staff and they cater to your specific needs. The website is
    http://www.lawsoft-inc.com/ just keep in mind that most North Jersey towns are switching from Enforsys to Lawsoft. I read some of your previous postings about Enforsys, being a strictly Police based software that is true. Law Soft seems to customize the software for the user. I know since we have the system and it rarely crashes like enforsys does. I have used both system and I recommends Lawsoft.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Enforsys Problems

    For a good CAD system i recommend a company called Lawsoft. Enforsys just went to the upgrade of Enforsys Blue. They charge companies to get the upgrade however for a Fire Department like yours it doesnt pay. Enforsys Blue is the upgrade thats cause they changed the color on the system (hence the word blue) and they have crime mapping. I doubt they have Arson mapping so why pay that extra money since its no use to you. The other problem with Enforsys is there tech support. For any support they charge you to leave a message. Lawsoft is more of a personalized support staff and they cater to your specific needs. The website is
    http://www.lawsoft-inc.com/ just keep in mind that most North Jersey towns are switching from Enforsys to Lawsoft. I read some of your previous postings about Enforsys, being a strictly Police based software that is true. Law Soft seems to customize the software for the user. I know since we have the system and it rarely crashes like enforsys does. I have used both system and I recommend Lawsoft.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I invite comman778 to a demo of the enforsys systems especially the new BLUE product which by the way is not due to the color. I also invite stang91 to view our products or to call for a demo. What I have noticed for those who use our products is they sometime lack the knowledge to use the system in it's totality therefore the negative comments. Our customer service is included in the price of our product 24-7! I have never seen the lawsoft product or actually even heard of them but I'm sure they have a nice product. As far as ease of use - I think our products a very easy to use and are developed for ease of use for all users not only Law Enforcement but Fire and EMS as well. Our system does in fact adapt to Fire or EMS only dispatch if needed. Our BLUE product is not an upgrade but a whole new system! Mapping like crime mapping or Arson is based on call types and responses not a seperate mapping product. We do NOT charge to leave a message you will talk to a real person 24-7! We at Enforsys invite you to view our website or call me at 973-576-9037 and I will answer any questions you may have on our products - www.enforsys.com. Thanks for your time and I hope I cleared up the misquotes by comman778 and Stang91 on the Police Blog.

  10. #10
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssargese View Post
    I invite comman778 to a demo of the enforsys systems especially the new BLUE product which by the way is not due to the color. I also invite stang91 to view our products or to call for a demo. What I have noticed for those who use our products is they sometime lack the knowledge to use the system in it's totality therefore the negative comments. Our customer service is included in the price of our product 24-7! I have never seen the lawsoft product or actually even heard of them but I'm sure they have a nice product. As far as ease of use - I think our products a very easy to use and are developed for ease of use for all users not only Law Enforcement but Fire and EMS as well. Our system does in fact adapt to Fire or EMS only dispatch if needed. Our BLUE product is not an upgrade but a whole new system! Mapping like crime mapping or Arson is based on call types and responses not a seperate mapping product. We do NOT charge to leave a message you will talk to a real person 24-7! We at Enforsys invite you to view our website or call me at 973-576-9037 and I will answer any questions you may have on our products - www.enforsys.com. Thanks for your time and I hope I cleared up the misquotes by comman778 and Stang91 on the Police Blog.
    Steve, you were very helpful in our recent research and the presentations were also great.

    I would encourage anyone looking for more information to contact Steve.

    Thanks again.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    ChiefKN - thank you for the kind words and encouragement hope to see you soon - Stay Safe!
    Steve

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    17

    Default

    There are alot of choices out there, do your homework
    Last edited by Blackwood84; 04-18-2008 at 10:32 PM.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default

    In reference to my previous post to the operation of Enforsys it seems that some misconceptions are not clear. In terms of my operations of CAD systems I HAVE used Enforsys and still do. And in terms of the operations of your system I am not impressed with the operability nor the preformance of this system. I have dispatched and used various systems and would like to say that this is NOT the best out there. My knowledge and experience in dispatching should have no relevance from postings of a salesman! And in regard to your product Ive noticed many errors that have occured when seconds counted. My misquotes are what this forum is for so go onto NJLawman and see what others are posting in regard to problems with your system. Maybe instead of knocking us out there we doing the work, working out the glitches is what your time should be spent on. I am not advocating for a system in bias since i work for a specific company. I merely stating what i like in my profession when seconds count based on my knowledge. Lets let the forum be what is for a public voice.....

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default Enforsys response

    I would still invite you to a demonstration of the "BLUE" products that I sell for Enforsys Police Systems, Inc and then I will tell you my qualifications which I am sure more then qualify me to write on this forum and to voice my opinions of the very fine Enforsys products. As you progress through your career as a Dispatcher you will understand that what might be the "best out there" for you will not be the "best out there" for someone else and that NO software is the "best out there" The knowledge and experience issue was not directed at you or any single user of any type of CAD/RMS/MOBILE products, which by the way there are many fine companies out there, but more the lack of understanding by Dispatchers, Police Officers, Firemand or First Aiders of how the software actually works, and trust me I have the knowledge and experience to make that opinion. Maybe in one of my previous post I came across as directing this at you which is not the case since I don't have a clue of who you are, the agency or agencies you Dispatch for or your qualifications so I apoligize as that is not the issue. As far as computers and the software that they run please remember that they are machines and "when seconds count" use the radio! NO computer system no matter how good or bad that you as a Dispatcher think they are is going to save ANYONES life. And just to clarify one thing about me - this is my "retired job" and I'm sure without any doubt in my mind that my experience and qualifications allow me to make these opinions. "THAT'S WHY THE TAIL DOESN"T WAG THE DOG"!

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Cool OK then please answer theis for me...

    Your clients are expected to pay roughly 10k a year (Iím sure for an average sized dept.) for their maintenance. Now youíre telling your existing customers that they should by your NEW product for 100k. So what were your clients paying maintenance for?? to constantly fix the bugs in the system or for constant instruction on how to use a very unfriendly system? At any rate expecting existing clients to shell out that kind of money, when they've already committed a lot of their budget toward this system in the first place is ludicrous. In fact this may cause your company to start losing clients. Its common knowledge that several of your exiting clients have gone elsewhere. Judging by the way you treat them this is no surprise. As for your "crime forecasting", I would suggest that you've gotten that function right indeed. Because the CRIME of THEFT is being committed if someone buys this system.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs down

    Is Enforsys going to keep their fire division open?
    Last edited by Blackwood84; 04-18-2008 at 10:33 PM.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    It is correct that Enforsys, Inc. has like many companies from time to time, restructured how they work. The company looked at its current position and decided that they way that the current staffing situation was constituted, we were ill-suited to accommodate the needs of our clients, and to move the software forward.

    A more tightly integrated process, both within the Fire Division staffing, as well as building synergies with the parent company to better integrate the Fire Software within the CAD/RMS product lines has been long overdue. The move to restructure in no way left the company from a staffing point of view any weaker than it has been at any point, if anything we are now more prepared to respond to needs of our clients.

    Jay Romeo has been the lead developer for ESP for a year and a half, and has now been elevated to the head of the division showing the commitment, emphasis and dedication to product enhancement. He is hiring another developer dedicated to the ESP system and additionally has access to the entire Enforsys development team. Accounting, Sales Administration and customer service has been integrated into the Enforsys infrastructure, providing more depth of support, not less. And in addition to Bill Smith for Sales, another sales manager (Steve Sargese) has been added to explore product integration and information sharing opportunities.

    If anyone would like to speak in more detail about future ESP plans, feel free to call Jay Romeo at 973-576-9000.

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Sounds Good, I will look for updates
    Last edited by Blackwood84; 04-18-2008 at 10:36 PM.

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    In my reponse to blackwood84. I would be careful in dealing with the support line of the Enforsys products. Rumor has it the pink slips are going around there company. As you know there software is a police base setup and has many errors. In terms of system, it is not user friendly and the phrase k.i.s.s comes to mind when going through the operations of the cad. I would say look at Law Soft. http://www.lawsoft-inc.com/ I found out alot of towns are switching from Enforsys and going to Law Soft. But this is a choice that your agencey has to make im just telling you what works.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register