Forum Member

Default What did Rudy do Wrong? (post 9/11 recovery)

Allow me to preface this by saying that, to the very greatest extent possible, I do not intend for this to be a pro- or anti- anyone post, a fervently political post, or an inflammatory post. I realize it is a very difficult subject, and one that we all hold near and dear to our hearts, and with that background in mind, I am seeking FACTS so that I have a better understanding of the criticism of Mr. Rudy Giuliani.

I have heard, on many occasions, criticisms levelled against him for his handling of victim and emergency personnel search and recovery efforts following 9/11. The criticisms I have heard have greatly varied in exactly WHAT they are criticizing...which leads to the question: if it is possible to summarize what he is being criticized for in a few sentences or paragraphs, could someone please do so? My basic understanding is that people believe he called off the search efforts too rapidly. When was the search discontinued, and what was the practical impact of that decision (reduced manpower? fewer hours? fewer assets?) Was there a stated basis or justification for the decision?

Again--I'm simply trying to understand, not to throw stones. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by LawFires; 09-10-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

MembersZone Subscriber

Again--I'm simply trying to understand, not to throw stones
    Yeah. OK. Good luck.

Forum Member
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

FWDBuff--

Thanks for the link. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Banned

I would recommend a more unbiased opinion.. Try this one 9-11commission. You can go to this site and download the entire report or just the chapters of interest. As a side note, you can see where NIMS got it's origin and why we all need the ICS.

Hook & Can

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    As a side note, you can see where NIMS got it's origin and why we all need the ICS.
    Great. Just what we need. ANOTHER thread on this stuff.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey, I learned a lot because of NIMS and ICS.

I learned that it is okay for 3-7 people to kiss the Chief's *****, but anymore than that, and he is outside his span of control.............

Forum Member

Ahh, but then you get into a pyramid effect, where every individual involved in...uh...'support' has an underlying layer of 3-5 personnel...'supporting' him/her.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    I would recommend a more unbiased opinion.. Try this one 9-11commission. You can go to this site and download the entire report or just the chapters of interest. As a side note, you can see where NIMS got it's origin and why we all need the ICS.

If you honestly believe that report was "unbiased", you are VERY ignorant about how our govt works.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    If you honestly believe that report was "unbiased", you are VERY ignorant about how our govt works.
    I saw the History Channel documentary yesterday.I spit my chocolate milk out when Jamie Gorelick griped about the CIA and FBI not being able to communicate with each other on known terrorists when SHE was the one that wrote a memo recommending that they don't.

On the original subject,I think he did a good job keeping NYC on track in the days after.However,he's coming across more liberal than conservative in the Presidential race for my tastes.

Thread Information