Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help!

Exclamation I need help!

OK, I am a sergeant with my explorer post and we are having a serious problem. I have gone to other chiefs in our area with this problem and there answers have not helped. Our department has a bad reputation for being rednecks and losers. Now all the mutual aid towns around us use us as a last resort for a fire. Our post is now getting that problem. We are starting to jump on anything that somebody does, or stab our friends and colleages in the back. Now everybody is in a free-for-all against each other and it is driving me insane! And I fear our espire de corp is down low beyond any chance of a rebound. So, please, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

sounds to me like you need to move to a different town

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 51E12GDS View Post
    OK, I am a sergeant with my explorer post and we are having a serious problem. I have gone to other chiefs in our area with this problem and there answers have not helped. Our department has a bad reputation for being rednecks and losers. Now all the mutual aid towns around us use us as a last resort for a fire. Our post is now getting that problem. We are starting to jump on anything that somebody does, or stab our friends and colleages in the back. Now everybody is in a free-for-all against each other and it is driving me insane! And I fear our espire de corp is down low beyond any chance of a rebound. So, please, any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Discussing this on public forums in this way will only continue the issue you have. If you want to e-mail me at swantonc1@yahoo.com I will attempt to give you some advice.

Forum Member

Default Listen to ChiefDog!!!

I am a former Explorer advisor to the Post of ChiefDog's Dept and currently am a member of the State Exploring/Learning for Life Advisory Committee.

You need to discuss this matter in private, not in public as it will cause further issues down the road.

If you want to email me as well you can at anytime: valleybiz@yahoo.com
    Brian K. Savage
    Fire Commissioner
    Swanton, VT

For starters you did a good job posting this question and not bringing up dept names, and yes this could be discussed on here like this. Second you do need to remove your fd homepage off your profile as to not throw more fuel on the fire with your problem. One person around where you are from and finds this it could be ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    For starters you did a good job posting this question and not bringing up dept names, and yes this could be discussed on here like this. Second you do need to remove your fd homepage off your profile as to not throw more fuel on the fire with your problem. One person around where you are from and finds this it could be ugly!
    Yeah, that is not our department, that is one of our neighboring departments...I am also a memeber there.

Forum Member

Unfortunatly, the perception is out there now that it is the department in your profile.

Thread Information