Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

Cool got it

just got the call this morning...dec tower starts dec 1...see you all you guys at the orientation dinner! YAHOOOOO!

Forum Member

i wish i got that call, but my call was positive nevertheless. got a call from my BI and he said he was told by lacity to contact my current employer and that if all is well with that that i should receive the call to schedule the med and psych test really soon. Im keeping my fingers crossed for the feb academy. congrats millertime

Forum Member

Talking Got it!!

I just got the call this morning also. Dec 1st.

Forum Member

congrats when is the tower after fedbruarys

Hey guys I just finished reading this whole thread and id like to congratulate all of you who have made it to the tower. It is quite the accomplishment and the start of an awesome career. Anyhow, I won’t be applying until next year, but while this thread is hot I have a couple of questions. I have heard two sides to whether you should tell the truth for things such as trying pot; yes I did a couple of times a couple of years ago. I have heard that yes honesty is the best way to go, but often times it can come and bite you. Also, what kind of experience did you guys have such as EMT box time, volunteer station time, degrees, fire academy, etc. Thanks for any info you can provide and once again congrats!

Forum Member

Default Approximate age of new hires?

First, thanks to everyone for some great info on this site. It really helps to hear that others are going through the same things.

I am way behind most of you. I have my Oral interview on Dec 1.

Does anyone know the general age of the new hires?

Good luck to us all and CONGRATS to the guys starting the Tower Dec 1.

Forum Member

Default Got It!

Got the call this morning as well! See you all at orientation. Congrats to you guys as well. FMR0311 you were you with?

Forum Member

congrats to all you guys

Forum Member

Send your first month's paycheck to me!

Forum Member

Congrats millertime130 and Fmr0311Sgt! send me a pm or email when you have a chance. Lets keep in touch.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

hey great news! congrats to you both...there are a few of us here that have made it into the Dec academy as well and have already exchanged emails. Shoot me a PM and we'll stay in touch before start date. Again, congratulations guys...

Default Hello everyone

Just wanted to get all of your emails, so i can keep in contact with you all as i am in the dec 1st academy also. I wanted to know if anyone is moving around there so they are closer to the tower? I live in Laguna right now and that is was to far to drive everyday.

Think i sent my first post to the wrong place. I am also in the december 1 academy wth you all. Wanted to find out if anyone is thinking of moving there, because i think i am going to. i live in laguna and that is way to far to commute. Also whats you guys email so i can keep in contact with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeateus View Post
    hey great news! congrats to you both...there are a few of us here that have made it into the Dec academy as well and have already exchanged emails. Shoot me a PM and we'll stay in touch before start date. Again, congratulations guys...

i'm in with you all...Let me know if any of you are thinking of moving close to the tower

Post Waiting on Final panel

This is my first time on this site and I found a lot of great info. I am waiting for the call from final panel as well. Already did Med and Psych about two months ago. My process was a little different because I just needed to update my stuff. Talked to personnel a few days ago, and they should have an answer for me by Friday. Let's hope I get in. Congrats to all of you that got the call already!! Hopefully I will see you all there as well.

Forum Member

ok so i filled out the PBQ and put that i have a misdemeanor about 3 years ago, so it said an Advisory Background Assessment has been prepared. what does that mean? and what do you think i can expect on the background interview.

Forum Member

Question Carpooling

Hey guys if anyone's interested in carpooling for the December tower, please contact me. I live in Long Beach and unfortunately won't be able to make the move up north to be closer. We'll probably work this out at orientation but just wanted to get a jump on it and see who my neighbors are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfwcorpsmanup View Post
    Got the call this morning as well! See you all at orientation. Congrats to you guys as well. FMR0311 you were you with?
    I was with an Anti-Terrorist unit over in Europe and Africa then I was with 2/1 G. Yourself?
    Congrats on getting the call. See you on the 17th.

Forum Member

Question:
    I passed the oral and had my initial background meeting in mid-October. Consistent with application, I admitted to drug use on three discreet occasions over 10 years ago: pot twice, coke once (I'm not a pup). After my meeting, I was told that I would hear from personnel within a month to let me know whether I would get an investigation.

Today I got a notice that I had passed the interview with a score of 95 and that I have been placed on a hiring list with eligibility through 10/2010. I'm not sure if this is to be interpreted as me being toast in the process. Anyone have any insight?

Forum Member

Default carpooling

i live in venice and if there is anybody coming thru this area, id love to carpool! see you guys at orientation and maybe try to organize something then?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MZIZI7 View Post
    Just wanted to get all of your emails, so i can keep in contact with you all as i am in the dec 1st academy also. I wanted to know if anyone is moving around there so they are closer to the tower? I live in Laguna right now and that is was to far to drive everyday.
    Turn on your PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg1 View Post
    Hey guys I just finished reading this whole thread and id like to congratulate all of you who have made it to the tower. It is quite the accomplishment and the start of an awesome career. Anyhow, I won’t be applying until next year, but while this thread is hot I have a couple of questions. I have heard two sides to whether you should tell the truth for things such as trying pot; yes I did a couple of times a couple of years ago. I have heard that yes honesty is the best way to go, but often times it can come and bite you. Also, what kind of experience did you guys have such as EMT box time, volunteer station time, degrees, fire academy, etc. Thanks for any info you can provide and once again congrats!
    Be straight up. Period.

Forum Member

Default Info

Hey it would be great if some of you fellas would be able to label a time line for some of us still waiting or just beginning the process.

By time line i mean like how long after your interview did you have a background interview, then results in the mail from panel, length of background, et cetera.

Also, how many of you guys got 95s, 100s, or even 105s. Im really curious, and i think this can benefit a lot of guys who are wondering as well

Thanks guys

Forum Member

hey good luck guys at the academy, so I get to take the oral again, applied yesterday, just waiting now, i feel more prepared this time, also are they still giving out the background packets after the interview if you scored well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyff View Post
    hey good luck guys at the academy, so I get to take the oral again, applied yesterday, just waiting now, i feel more prepared this time, also are they still giving out the background packets after the interview if you scored well?
    Yep.. I believe its 95-100% you get the packet.

Thread Information