Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

ok so i filled out the PBQ and put that i have a misdemeanor about 3 years ago, so it said an Advisory Background Assessment has been prepared. what does that mean? and what do you think i can expect on the background interview.

Forum Member

Question Carpooling

Hey guys if anyone's interested in carpooling for the December tower, please contact me. I live in Long Beach and unfortunately won't be able to make the move up north to be closer. We'll probably work this out at orientation but just wanted to get a jump on it and see who my neighbors are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vfwcorpsmanup View Post
    Got the call this morning as well! See you all at orientation. Congrats to you guys as well. FMR0311 you were you with?
    I was with an Anti-Terrorist unit over in Europe and Africa then I was with 2/1 G. Yourself?
    Congrats on getting the call. See you on the 17th.

Forum Member

Question:
    I passed the oral and had my initial background meeting in mid-October. Consistent with application, I admitted to drug use on three discreet occasions over 10 years ago: pot twice, coke once (I'm not a pup). After my meeting, I was told that I would hear from personnel within a month to let me know whether I would get an investigation.

Today I got a notice that I had passed the interview with a score of 95 and that I have been placed on a hiring list with eligibility through 10/2010. I'm not sure if this is to be interpreted as me being toast in the process. Anyone have any insight?

Forum Member

Default carpooling

i live in venice and if there is anybody coming thru this area, id love to carpool! see you guys at orientation and maybe try to organize something then?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MZIZI7 View Post
    Just wanted to get all of your emails, so i can keep in contact with you all as i am in the dec 1st academy also. I wanted to know if anyone is moving around there so they are closer to the tower? I live in Laguna right now and that is was to far to drive everyday.
    Turn on your PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg1 View Post
    Hey guys I just finished reading this whole thread and id like to congratulate all of you who have made it to the tower. It is quite the accomplishment and the start of an awesome career. Anyhow, I wonít be applying until next year, but while this thread is hot I have a couple of questions. I have heard two sides to whether you should tell the truth for things such as trying pot; yes I did a couple of times a couple of years ago. I have heard that yes honesty is the best way to go, but often times it can come and bite you. Also, what kind of experience did you guys have such as EMT box time, volunteer station time, degrees, fire academy, etc. Thanks for any info you can provide and once again congrats!
    Be straight up. Period.

Forum Member

Default Info

Hey it would be great if some of you fellas would be able to label a time line for some of us still waiting or just beginning the process.

By time line i mean like how long after your interview did you have a background interview, then results in the mail from panel, length of background, et cetera.

Also, how many of you guys got 95s, 100s, or even 105s. Im really curious, and i think this can benefit a lot of guys who are wondering as well

Thanks guys

Forum Member

hey good luck guys at the academy, so I get to take the oral again, applied yesterday, just waiting now, i feel more prepared this time, also are they still giving out the background packets after the interview if you scored well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyff View Post
    hey good luck guys at the academy, so I get to take the oral again, applied yesterday, just waiting now, i feel more prepared this time, also are they still giving out the background packets after the interview if you scored well?
    Yep.. I believe its 95-100% you get the packet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr0311Sgt View Post
    I was with an Anti-Terrorist unit over in Europe and Africa then I was with 2/1 G. Yourself?
    Congrats on getting the call. See you on the 17th.
    I was with 3/1 Weapons. Congrats as well, look forward to meeting everyone.

EYEATUS- I'll be staying in huntington beach so I would definitely be up for carpooling.

Forum Member

Default preparing for the tower

hey guys, well, i thought id get some feed back on my training i've been doing to prepare myself for drill tower. just curious on what everyone else has been doing to keep fit. my week is something like this.

mon: run 3 miles, after run i do push ups sit ups and pull ups.

tues: run 5 miles, stretch

wed: yoga, easy jog

thurs: run 5 miles, push ups, sit ups, pull ups

fri: run 3 miles, stretch

normally i take it easy on the weekend, i rock climb, so i normally go climbing or i might do some more yoga, but thats sorta my training schedule. i do mix beach sprints into my schedule about once a week as well. i used to go to the gym, but have not for quite sometime. not to worried about my strength but, more just focusing on aerobic stuff.

any feed back? whats your training like?

Forum Member

Whats up guys and girls, I am in the the process/initial panel reveiw. I noticed alot of people on here got picked up. I scored a 95 on the oral and was wondering how many people who got hired who scored the same.

Forum Member

hey whats up fellas? i heard from someone that the Dec academy might get pushed back until January since they havent filled all the positions up yet.... have any of the guys that are due to start Dec 1st heard anything about this? This is just what I heard and i just wanted to check if it is a rumor or if it has any validity. have a good weekend everyone

Forum Member

Congrats guys. My brother has been an LA City FF for a few years now and loves it. I just got medical clearance for LA County yesterday so it's game on! Sorry, there's no County thread... haha.

As far as physical prep, I've been doing something very similar to you, millertime130, but I'm spreading the running out a little more and doing more condensed strength training. I've been a runner for years so the cardio isn't my biggest worry. I take a Fire PE class at Mt. Sac every semester. It's two days a week but I sometimes go a third day with another section. On Saturdays, I run either a 5 mile steep trail run or a 10K around Lake Puddingstone and then hit the gym.

I'll probably have to wait until at least Spring for my County Academy so I'll start compressing my workout into the 5-day work week once I quit my current job as that time nears.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bica2422 View Post
    hey whats up fellas? i heard from someone that the Dec academy might get pushed back until January since they havent filled all the positions up yet.... have any of the guys that are due to start Dec 1st heard anything about this? This is just what I heard and i just wanted to check if it is a rumor or if it has any validity. have a good weekend everyone
    Haven't heard anything. I heard a similar thing with July and Sept.'s academy but both started on schedule. I think the people that start those rumors are guys that want to get in and "hope" they get pushed back.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks emmex for the info. I am relatively new to this thread and hiring process and didn't think that people would start rumors like that. Now I know. Take it easy guys. Enjoy the weekend.

Default I'm In

Hey Guys, I got the call about two weeks ago and I'm pumped for Dec. 1. I live out in Santa Clarita so if anyone wants to carpool or go running/hit the weights let me know! All I have heard from anyone is to make sure that you are doing PUSH UPS and PULL UPS. See you guys next week!

Hey everyone....I know we will all talk on family day, but just trying to give a heads up....For our own orientation (18TH)day I was going to see if all of you had black slack bottoms and a white long sleave top...maybe with a tie. I am trying to spread this so we can all be on the same page and look like a team. Also we all need to have the same length in hair. I am keeping my regular hair for family day, but shaving it for the next day. like a 1 or 2....What do you all think? good idea? --mark

Forum Member

Just got the Call I made the December class!! If you guys plan on meeting up let me know.

Thread Information