Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 21percent View Post
    Anyone from the Oct. 30 Background Investigation get a BI yet?

Good luck Bica
    Nope howd you do on your interview tho?

Forum Member

Default Background investigation

Had my initial background investigation interview on Oct. 2nd. Nov. 4th received a letter stating I was on the hiring list. I have not heard from anyone since.

Forum Member

DM1438-

Everyone that passes their interveiw with a 70 or above (please correct me if I am wrong, it could be 75-80) is on the hiring list, of course they will never go down that far on the list. You move on in the process if you recieve a 95 or better on your interview. Once you get to the Intial panel review they then choose the most desired canidates and move them on in the process and check out their background packets. One can here back within a matter of weeks others it can be up to 11 months. It just depends on what kind of qualifications that canidate has.

Forum Member

Is the background investigator assigned to you the same person from the preliminary background interview?

Forum Member

Default Medical exam.

Quote Originally Posted by bica2422 View Post
    I called the personnel dept today. They will start calling on january 5th to invite candidates to the february tower
    What is the process for the medical exam?

Forum Member

DM1438-

No, you will be assigned a different background investigator.

The medical consists of blood work, urine sample, eye exam and also color blind exam, an ekg of a resting heartbeat, blood pressure, hearing exam. Then the doctor comes in a checks you out. Its a typical annual exam. You will also be taking your psy exams the same day you take have your medical.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stihl9154 View Post
    DM1438-

No, you will be assigned a different background investigator.

The medical consists of blood work, urine sample, eye exam and also color blind exam, an ekg of a resting heartbeat, blood pressure, hearing exam. Then the doctor comes in a checks you out. Its a typical annual exam. You will also be taking your psy exams the same day you take have your medical.
    Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. All the best.

Forum Member

Talking

Academy starts FEB 16th!!!!!!!!got the call this afternoon
    Last edited by bica2422; 12-31-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Forum Member

Hey Bica, congrats on getting the call! Hope I will be there with you but I think I am heading for the April academy. Think I may just miss the feb one. Anyways, congrats on the great news. Good luck to ya.

Forum Member

sl2rpm,
    have you taken your med psych test yet? what step are you at now? what are you waiting for?

Forum Member

No unfortunately. My background investigator just turned in my paperwork for the final panel the other day. So I probably still have a month to hear from the final panel. So we'll see... like I said though.. I think I am on track for the April academy. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Forum Member

Default Medical and Psyche

Congrats bica on getting your call. Did you get two separate letters, one from Medical and one from Psyche or was it one letter? What did the Medical say? Thanks

Forum Member

has anyone else gotten a call for the feb tower?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Sweet BICA!

Quote Originally Posted by bica2422 View Post
    Academy starts FEB 16th!!!!!!!!got the call this afternoon
    Hey BICA, that's great!

I've still yet to hear from final panel review...background completed October 16th.

Hopefully I'm in line for the April Tower as I would think the time is getting a little short for February.

I know a few guy stated that they waited up to four months for panel review so I'm anxiously waiting to hear. No news is good news I guess?!?

By the way, how was the psych? Any advice?

Congratulations again.

Forum Member

Thumbs up psych test

psych test was just long. about 3.5 hours for me... nothing tricky on it at all. it is not designed to be tricky. just a little bit above 1000 true/false questions. here is a website that gives you the first 75 questions and gives you a good idea on the rest of the test.

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/fo...=1109032158/34

scroll a little bit down the page and you will see the questions.

good luck. keep us informed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrownShoe View Post
    Congrats bica on getting your call. Did you get two separate letters, one from Medical and one from Psyche or was it one letter? What did the Medical say? Thanks
    brownshoe,

i got one letter stating i passed the psych portion. I called in and wanted to verify that i passed the medical and the personnel dept confirmed that. you only get one letter as far as i know.

Forum Member

I want to give a heads up to the candidates in the Sep 18th group that were chosen to move on in their backgrounds and to receive investigators. Letters have been sent out to all my references, previous and present work & roommates, and family. This was all done before I was contacted by my investigator. I was contacted by him today. Good luck to all that are in the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stihl9154 View Post
    I want to give a heads up to the candidates in the Sep 18th group that were chosen to move on in their backgrounds and to receive investigators. Letters have been sent out to all my references, previous and present work & roommates, and family. This was all done before I was contacted by my investigator. I was contacted by him today. Good luck to all that are in the process.
    Thank you for the information. DM1438

Forum Member

I got my call for the Feb 16th academy on the 31st of December. I was wondering what the average qualifications were for candidates who proceeded on with a background investigator?

Forum Member

Smile moving on in the process

took my written test 12/13/08 and have not received a letter. i called in to the personel department and they stated i passed the written i also just took the cpat exam yesterday. i improved my time by over 1 min and 12 sec just by implementing a little bit of running and working out. i'm stoked. faxed my cpat info to the personel department today so now i'm just waiting for the oral interview date. 09 is going to be a great year.

Thread Information