Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

  1. #801
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Oh ok, just wondering. thanks!
    And also, I am in the right thread and job posting right... ? http://www.lacity.org/per/psb/lafd_applyHow.htm

    lol
    seemed like everyone began their process already..


  2. #802
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross09 View Post
    I believe emmex510 just recently graduated from the Drill Tower, so he probably knows what he is talking about...
    I am aware of that. I just think it is a little weird to say that they "Breed Firemen". If they expected you to do nothing but fight fire and cut holes you wouldn't need EMT to get hired. Not to mention that slip of paper you sign before you go into backgrounds that states you wouldn't object to being put through Paramedic school.

  3. #803
    Forum Member intheprocess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    35

    Question IDK If Everyone Is On Hold...

    Quote Originally Posted by stihl9154 View Post
    From my understanding, everybody is on hold except for the candidates in the final review panel.
    I question the above per I read a post maybe about 5-10 pages back from "ckfireck" that stated he was in the feb. 05, 2009 initial bg mtg and he rcvd a call/letter informing him/her that a bi would be in contact....

    I was in the same mtg and have yet to hear anything. I have called and have gone down to personell to check my status. Over the phone, I got forwarded to the pre-recorded msg and in person i was told the same thing basically. everything is on hold.
    Intheprocess

    Luke 16:10

  4. #804
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Fire Academy

    Has anyone received a letter for the July Academy?

  5. #805
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Guys- This board is back East. We got LAFD personnel over at the local board- www.californiafirefighter.com to help you out. And more and coming over.

    See you there.

  6. #806
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I spoke to personnel this morning. The ONLY candidates that are moving along in the process are those in the FINAL REVIEW PANEL. The panel is still reviewing packets. All others are on hold until further notice.

  7. #807
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stihl9154 View Post
    I spoke to personnel this morning. The ONLY candidates that are moving along in the process are those in the FINAL REVIEW PANEL. The panel is still reviewing packets. All others are on hold until further notice.
    i heard the same thing. thanks for the update.

  8. #808
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thanks for the info stihl9154, Im also in the Final review Panel. Goodluck

  9. #809
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticonderoga View Post
    I am aware of that. I just think it is a little weird to say that they "Breed Firemen". If they expected you to do nothing but fight fire and cut holes you wouldn't need EMT to get hired. Not to mention that slip of paper you sign before you go into backgrounds that states you wouldn't object to being put through Paramedic school.
    Obviously 90% of our job is EMS related. But I was replying to your post regarding being told that a majority of problems in the academy is EMS stuff. None of the problems in the academy were EMS related. In fact, 3 of the individuals that failed were Medics. It's much harder to teach someone how to properly ventilate a roof than to take a Blood pressure.

  10. #810
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmex510 View Post
    Obviously 90% of our job is EMS related. But I was replying to your post regarding being told that a majority of problems in the academy is EMS stuff. None of the problems in the academy were EMS related. In fact, 3 of the individuals that failed were Medics. It's much harder to teach someone how to properly ventilate a roof than to take a Blood pressure.
    I should have prefaced that with saying the guy I talked to went through nearly a decade ago. I didn't factor that into the equation. My bad

  11. #811

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Anybody else take the written on april 25th 2009? The Officer who gave the seminar said on that day that there is actually a hiring freeze in La county. However, he said we are a lucky group because no more written tests will be scheduled after our date. (anyone like to add on this?)

    Anyways, i passed the written.

    next is to go through a practice run around for the cpat on june 6th

    then i would take my cpat.

    then what is next? Fax my scores to the personell department, then?

    i know i am in the beginning so bare with my noobish questions. also, ive been reading the initial panel is next and if you pass that you get the background packet? now, my question is, what is the initial panel about? what do they ask me? should i visit few departments before this intial panel?

  12. #812

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default new here

    hi future lafd. i just submitted a post few minutes ago, but it didnt post for some reason, so if it posts again later, sorry my apologies.

    so i took my written on april 25th 2009, the officer giving the seminar said LAFD is on a hiring freeze, but we are lucky because we are the last group taking the written for 2009 (can someone add to this if they were there too. i dont really know what to make of this)

    anyways i have my cpat run around scheduled for june 6th. would it be okay to schedule my cpat a week after? or would i need to train more?

    also i have been reading about the intial panel, some are saying its 3 minutes long? what do they ask you in this? should i visit fire stations before this panel ?

    gluck ! cant wait to reach my dream!

  13. #813
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default CPAT Question?

    Hello All,
    I just submitted my application online a couple of days ago and I am now waiting for the responce back to take my written. They are asking that I also submit my CPAT Certification once they review my application and approve me to take another step forward in the process. Since I don't live in California, I live in Colorado, will I be able to become CPAT Certified here? Or will I have to go take the CPAT test out there in California?

  14. #814

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I would contact the personnel department about the cpat requirements.

  15. #815
    MembersZone Subscriber CelticCross09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    11

    Default Cpat

    Quote Originally Posted by kflores007 View Post
    Hello All,
    I just submitted my application online a couple of days ago and I am now waiting for the responce back to take my written. They are asking that I also submit my CPAT Certification once they review my application and approve me to take another step forward in the process. Since I don't live in California, I live in Colorado, will I be able to become CPAT Certified here? Or will I have to go take the CPAT test out there in California?
    You can take it in Colorado. I took my CPAT in Virginia and they accepted it.

  16. #816
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Whats up everyone, just heard that all candidates including the final panel review are on hold until July 1st, I know this isnt new news to anyone, also heard that everyone in the process will be getting a letter in mail about the the current freeze. Has anyone received that letter yet?
    Kinda off the subject, but does anyone know if LAFD has a Ice hockey team and are they going to be playing in the Fire Olympics in July?
    Goodluck everyone in the process

  17. #817
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kflores007 View Post
    Hello All,
    I just submitted my application online a couple of days ago and I am now waiting for the responce back to take my written. They are asking that I also submit my CPAT Certification once they review my application and approve me to take another step forward in the process. Since I don't live in California, I live in Colorado, will I be able to become CPAT Certified here? Or will I have to go take the CPAT test out there in California?
    if you didn't read the earlier post, there suspending all applications till july. at that time they may start to look at all applicants and start testing again. just an fyi. don't let it discourage you. let's do it.

  18. #818
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I just submitted mine also a couple days ago. Thanks for the clarification lamina007.

  19. #819
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    9

    Default July Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by lamina007 View Post
    if you didn't read the earlier post, there suspending all applications till july. at that time they may start to look at all applicants and start testing again. just an fyi. don't let it discourage you. let's do it.
    Does that logically lead to the conclusion that the July 13 Academy is also on hold or pushed?

  20. #820
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default Not really new news I know...

    Anyone else get the letter from the Public Safety Bureau?

    The letter states that everything is on hold until the new fiscal year(July 1, 2009) and because of this people who are in the process can expect a delay "through July and possibly longer".

    I know everyone knows about the hold but just further confirmation that it ain't going to end soon...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 10-18-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2002, 07:57 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 04-21-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2002, 06:49 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 12-26-01
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2001, 02:43 PM
  4. LAFD HazMat Investigation - June 16
    By webteam in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2001, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts