Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

MembersZone Subscriber

Just checking in. Wanted to see who was going to the pt class tommorow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by snwlover79 View Post
    Just checking in. Wanted to see who was going to the pt class tommorow.
    I will be there. They said casual clothing right?

MembersZone Subscriber

Casual is what I was told, which I am assuming is between pt gear and a suit. I'm just gonna wear Dickies and a collared shirt.

MembersZone Subscriber

i have to say, this orientation tonight was awesome. we have a start date of january 4. we got to see what will be expected of us in the academy. we have practice days we can attend. i am so pumped and ready to be selected for this academy. i got the booklet they gave out tonight when i passed my psych exam. i have been using the workouts in it for three months and have seen a marked improvement in my strength. i recommend that if tonight was the first time you got the book, you follow it and warch the results you get. hope everyone else enjoyed the orientation as much as i did.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many people were there? Did they say when people will know they have been selected for the academy?

Congrats to you lucky ones! it is exciting just to think that someone is finally moving on to the Academy. Any chance of getting my hands on a copy of the book you mention? I assume it is a work-out regimen, correct? Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I called the personnel office and they said they don't know who is in yet. They said they will probaly start making the final decision around November. I was called around June 12th for a July academy. So I'm praying fr a novmber or December call for a January academy

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya, ithas definitely been a long wait. Good luck

Forum Member

Default rumors?

whats up guys, i heard some bad news last night, not sure if its true or not, but i heard that the next planned tower has been cancelled...hope its not true, but its what i heard...if i hear anything else, i will post it...

Forum Member

Default Academy

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I called personell and I heard the academy was cancelled and they do not know when there will be a new one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know if today is a furlough day for the personal office. I have been calling them all day with no answer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, I still don't know what the story is, but I called the recruitment office and they hadn't heard about the canceled academy. She didn't rule it out and said her boss was going to talk to personnels boss tommorow and maybe they will get some info. As of right now she said they still planned on doing the orientation at Tower 81 on saturday. I still can't get ahold of anyone in the personell office who might be able to give an answer about the academy. So I guess we will just have to wait and see, the next couple of days will be stressful, waiting to see if the academy is on. If anybody finds anything out, please post.
    Thanks
    Ben

Forum Member

Default lafd academy

I called personnel Friday and ask if the academy was cancelled and she said she could not confirm that. I then asked her if it was possible that they were considering canceling the academy and she said that anything was possible. I really hope it is not true, and to me it doesn't make any sense to put us all through updates after they finished their budget and then to cancel it, but according to personnel, "anything is possible", I guess!

Forum Member

Default LAFD academy

I called personnel on Friday and told her I heard that the Academy was cancelled and she said that she could not confirm that. Then I asked her if it was possible that they were considering canceling it and she said that anything is possible.

Forum Member

Default LAFD academy

I called personnel on friday and she said she could not confirm if the academy was cancelled or not. I then asked if it was possible they were considering to cancel the academy and she said that anything is possible.

Forum Member

sorry i posted it 3 times didn't think it went through and tried to erase them but could'nt figure out how.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got ahold of personnel today and they said they had not heard about the academy being canceled, so that is two departments now that haven't heard about the academy being canceled.

Miller and Irish, I am curious where you got this info that the academy had been canceled.

I still wont feel comfortable that it hasn't been canceled until January 4th when I am walking on the tower property ready to start my career. At least for the moment, we all still have hope.

I am still trying to find somebody to work Saturday for me so I can attend the orientation. Hopefully I will make it. Who else plans on being there?

Forum Member

Man so good to hear. I know that anything is possible from now until january but it is a relief. I wonder where they got their info from too. I will be there saturday for sure.

Forum Member

Default Saturday orientation

Any word on what to wear for Saturday?

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone making progress. I hope I hear something before Oct 2010.

Forum Member

Default Saturday Workout

At the orientation the staff said to wear workout clothes and shoes. Bring food and water for breaks. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snwlover79 View Post

Miller and Irish, I am curious where you got this info that the academy had been canceled.

I still wont feel comfortable that it hasn't been canceled until January 4th when I am walking on the tower property ready to start my career.
    Trust me you wont be walking in on your first day..

I think those guys heard through the grapevine.. anything can happen just keep your fingers cross!

MembersZone Subscriber

Lol, you are probaly right, I won't be walking anywhere. I expect it to be like my first day of marine corps bootcamp. Maybe a little less in your face then my drill instructors, but who knows.

My fngers are definatly crossed.

I won't be able to make this orientation. I work for cal fire and they just canceled all days off. I look forward to hearing what it was like from people who make it.

Forum Member

Default Background

Has everyone who updated their background in August been contacted by an investigator?

I was called to update my info, but haven't been contacted by an investigator.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JOGEHRIG View Post
    Has everyone who updated their background in August been contacted by an investigator?

I was called to update my info, but haven't been contacted by an investigator.
    I went to the update in August, but haven't heard anything from an investigator either.

Thread Information