Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by adlx21 View Post
    I just submitted mine also a couple days ago. Thanks for the clarification lamina007.
    your welcome. if you have any questions. just send me a private message.

i just got a letter in the mail from lafd saying that due to budget cuts. april recruit class in gonna be canceled and applicants will be experiencing a delay.

did anyone else get this letter?

Forum Member
    The abyss of a medic rig in Solano County ---> Bay Area.

Who do you contact if you haven't received a letter for your written exam?
    Fire to be hired

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyrisk View Post
    Who do you contact if you haven't received a letter for your written exam?
    contact personel. there should be a phone number on some of the papers or you can go to the lafd website.

For those that have many questions. do yourself a favor and read through this whole thread or at least half of it. you'll get all your answers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sobutter View Post
    i just got a letter in the mail from lafd saying that due to budget cuts. april recruit class in gonna be canceled and applicants will be experiencing a delay.

did anyone else get this letter?
    Yeah, all applicants are getting this letter, regardless of where they are in the process. The April class is relating to the tower that was canceled last month, not people applying or taking exams in April. They are waiting until the new budget is passed for July 09 - June 10 to continue with the testing process. So I would think they will let you know what is going on when that passes over the summer...

Forum Member

Smile

i received an email from personel today about a seminar you have to attend if you want to continue on with the process. the seminar is may 31st. they're going to go over the new hiring process. i'll keep everyone posted.

LAFD Applicants- We have some LAFD people on board in the testing section at www.californiafirefighter.com

Get the real info. from the local people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lamina007 View Post
    i received an email from personel today about a seminar you have to attend if you want to continue on with the process. the seminar is may 31st. they're going to go over the new hiring process. i'll keep everyone posted.
    That is hard for me to believe that EVERYONE has to attend. What about people who live out of state, have vacations planned, prior events planned on this date, and etc? Im not getting on your case by any means, but I don't see how candidates have to be there and if they are not they will not move on in the process. Did anybody else receive this email???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stihl9154 View Post
    That is hard for me to believe that EVERYONE has to attend. What about people who live out of state, have vacations planned, prior events planned on this date, and etc? Im not getting on your case by any means, but I don't see how candidates have to be there and if they are not they will not move on in the process. Did anybody else receive this email???
    I totally agree with you. The personnel department is not going to send out casual emails stating you must attend this seminar if you "want to move forward in our process". The last thing the personnel department wants is thousands of people showing up for an afternoon of "instructions on how to become a firefighter in LA". There are way too many grossly under qualified people clogging the system as it is.

Lamina will you cut and past the verbiage from the email and post it? Obviously, exclude your contact info.

Forum Member

I got the email, too, but will be unable to attend. I thought it was spam at first.

To: Lamorris Wilcher <lamorris.wilcher@lacity.org >
    Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:00:19 AM
    Subject: Major Changes with LAFD hiring process!!!!

Hi All,

The Los Angeles Fire Department have implemented some major changes with the hiring process that I need to talk to you about.
    If you are still interested in becoming a Firefighter I need you at the meeting.
    My job is to put you in position to succeed.

FOR THE CANDIDATES WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE, STAY CLOSE TO ME AND I'LL GET THE INFO TO YOU ASAP.

RSVP - Call 213-485-8032 - Limited seating - You must say Information Session on 05/31/09

FHMTC ( The same place you took the written exam )
    1700 Stadium way
    LA CA 90012

Time
    8:00 - 11:00 or 11:00 - 1:00

Sunday - 05/31/09

Cost: Free

I replied back that I couldn't make it. All I got in return was an "OK", hmm...

John 15:13

Where are you in the process?

I was in initial panel review and have a friend that was in the final panel review. Neither of us have even received a "on hold until July letter"... let alone a letter to come to a hiring process seminar.

Just wondering if we should be concerned here.

Edit: I understand the process is on hold until July so I don't need someone to re-explain that... just curious if EVERYONE got a letter, where they are in the process, etc. I don't want to bother personnel unless I think I was lost in the shuffle. Thanks!
    Last edited by egrus21; 05-15-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Forum Member

The only person who i personally know got a "until July" letter who had only taken his written which was in march. He did find out he passed the written but was never given an oral.

Forum Member

I haven't received any notice (e or snail mail) of the July hold (other than what I was told when I called HR). My background was nearly complete when my BI was let go. I'm currently awaiting 'reassignment'.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by egrus21 View Post
    Where are you in the process?

I was in initial panel review and have a friend that was in the final panel review. Neither of us have even received a "on hold until July letter"... let alone a letter to come to a hiring process seminar.

Just wondering if we should be concerned here.

Edit: I understand the process is on hold until July so I don't need someone to re-explain that... just curious if EVERYONE got a letter, where they are in the process, etc. I don't want to bother personnel unless I think I was lost in the shuffle. Thanks!
    I cleared med/psych in March and I got this letter last week. Personnel said everyone is getting them, so you should get it soon. There is no candidate ID on the letter, so I am assuming the exact same letter is going out to everyone still in the process. I did not get any kind of email though. That may depend on where you are in the hiring process.

Forum Member

I also received the "on hold until July" letter mid last week. Im in the final review panel.

Also the City Council has asked the mayor to put a year freeze on hiring FF and Police officers for 09-10.

I wish I could have more positive news.

Forum Member

I also received the "on hold until July" letter mid last week. Im in the final review panel.

Also the City Council has asked the mayor to put a year freeze on hiring FF and Police officers for 09-10.

I wish I could have more positive news.
    The Mayor stated that he will be veto'ing any freeze on hiring for police/fire because of his dedication and his word. This relates to the sanitation fees which were raised by him to pay for the hiring of more officers; the goal of 10,000.

We will have an answer when : a. the official budget comes out. and/or b. on monday when they vote.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by popofosho View Post
    The only person who i personally know got a "until July" letter who had only taken his written which was in march. He did find out he passed the written but was never given an oral.
    I'm in that same boat. I took the written in March and received the letter last week stating everything is on hold until at least July. Nothing about May 31st though, and definitely no email.

Forum Member

Same here. I took written March 14th. I called and they said I passed. No interview was scheduled and I just got same letter everyone else is getting a week ago about postponing things.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuahogFD View Post
    I totally agree with you. The personnel department is not going to send out casual emails stating you must attend this seminar if you "want to move forward in our process". The last thing the personnel department wants is thousands of people showing up for an afternoon of "instructions on how to become a firefighter in LA". There are way too many grossly under qualified people clogging the system as it is.

Lamina will you cut and past the verbiage from the email and post it? Obviously, exclude your contact info.
    Hi All,

The Los Angeles Fire Department have implemented some major changes with the hiring process that I need to talk to you about.
    If you are still interested in becoming a Firefighter I need you at the meeting.
    My job is to put you in position to succeed.

FOR THE CANDIDATES WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE, STAY CLOSE TO ME AND I'LL GET THE INFO TO YOU ASAP.

there was some other minor info included in the email that i left out just cause i don't want to give out her info. i'm sure it's different for all of us especially since we're all at different stages. i'll keep you guys posted after i hear what they talk about in the seminar. no offense taken at all guys. just trying to share some info with everyone that has helped me. for everyones info i'm in the inital panel review stage. good luck everyone.

Forum Member

So is it selective who this email is getting sent to? I haven't received a letter or any email at all.

Thread Information