Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lamina007 View Post
    Unfortunately i received the dreaded not selected letter today. i had filled out my initial backround questioner back in middle of march and just received the letter today that was dated 06-30-09. i'll have to reapply feb of next year. good luck to all of you left in the process. looks like there just weeding us all out since there's been alot of letters being sent out recently. hopefully no one else get's this letter. have a good weekend.
    First of all, am sorry to hear the bad news. Anyway, I was not in the process, but I plan on applying the next time they open the bulletin. You mentioned that your going to reapply in February of next year. Is that when they expect to open it again. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    First of all, am sorry to hear the bad news. Anyway, I was not in the process, but I plan on applying the next time they open the bulletin. You mentioned that your going to reapply in February of next year. Is that when they expect to open it again. Thanks
    Last I heard it was december..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nots4u2001 View Post
    Last I heard it was december..
    Thats good to hear, coz am eagerly waiting. So I hope your right. Thanks for the info!

yeah... i heard it was december too, but the captain said this also said "now don't quote me on that later..it COULD change. But that is what is scheduled"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    you have to wait one year from your initial application date to reapply again. febuary will be my 1 year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nots4u2001 View Post
    You may need to contact Lamorris in the recruitment division. They wanted to keep a track of who got non selected. I have his number if you need it.
    yea can you send me a personal message with his info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lamina007 View Post
    you have to wait one year from your initial application date to reapply again. febuary will be my 1 year.
    I've never applied before, so am hoping they open the bulletin in December.

Forum Member

Default July class

I just found this forum and wish I had found it sooner there is a lot of great information that goes on the board regarding the process. Sorry to hear the news Lamina007 I was rooting for you, hopefully next time around will be your time. Anyone else out there get an invite for the cancelled July 13th class? We would have started Monday, bummer, I am keeping my fingers crossed we get a second chance, if I hear any anything new about future classes I will let you know and vice versa.....

Forum Member

Lamina I sent you Pm with the info..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malibu3rd View Post
    I just found this forum and wish I had found it sooner there is a lot of great information that goes on the board regarding the process. Sorry to hear the news Lamina007 I was rooting for you, hopefully next time around will be your time. Anyone else out there get an invite for the cancelled July 13th class? We would have started Monday, bummer, I am keeping my fingers crossed we get a second chance, if I hear any anything new about future classes I will let you know and vice versa.....

Thanks for your support. i'll try again next year. i just have to take some more fire science classes and get more involved in charities. it sucked to get the letter but i hope people like you and some of the other people in this forum who received letters get into the academy. i feel like everyone on this forum is super serious and it's good to see everyone help each other out. After all that's what fire fighters do. Good Luck. I hope you get in sooner than later. you can tell me all about the academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malibu3rd View Post
    I agree. This site has lots of good ppl and information that is helpful for each other. I was also called for the July tower and then rescinded the offer due to slowdown. And like everyone else here, I'm not giving up hope though. Thinking positive and just waiting for that day! Is I hear anything I will relay to the forum.

Forum Member

Default to everyone waiting to get hired

i used to post info on this thread before i got hired, and thought i'd pass some more info on to you guys. i graduated from drill tower 81 back in april and i'm currently working out in the field. for all you guys waiting to get hired, i know how it feels, checking your mail everyday, checking this thread every hour trying to find out more info...i haven't forgot what that feels like! a couple things that can help you get prepared before you get hired/or while your waiting to get hired:

1.) get this book and LEARN IT : truck company operations by John Mittendorf

2.) BOOK 29 : you can access this through the LAFD Library

3.) Volume 3 : you can also access this through the LAFD Library

There's a lot of things to learn once you get hired, and very little time to get good at it, before its expected of you to have it as second nature, so if you can get ahead of the game and start learning it now, your probation time will be a little bit easier...

Good luck to everyone, its well worth all the hard work. My experience has been that its hard to get hired, stressful at the drill tower, and EVEN HARDER once you get out in the field...prepare, prepare, prepare! you only get one chance it this

MembersZone Subscriber

Do you think this latest news will affect the planned opening of the recruitment again in December.

Forum Member

This whole process is so hard. And the article on the front page just adds to it. I try and keep my head up but this is killer. I know we are all on the same boat here and can only look to each other to keep pressing on.
    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=46

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Silent8404 View Post
    This whole process is so hard. And the article on the front page just adds to it. I try and keep my head up but this is killer. I know we are all on the same boat here and can only look to each other to keep pressing on.
    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...9&sectionId=46
    Yeah, we just have to hang in their. Things will eventually turn around. By the way, how did you attach that article. I tried attaching it, but it kept telling me "invalid file".

Forum Member

I read the article and it is not all bad news. For all of the apllicants in the process already there will be as promised one academy a year. I know that stinks but it is better than nothing!

Forum Member

Default Irishmanned

I heard that the August Academy is on? has anyone heard about that?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by irishmanned View Post
    I heard that the August Academy is on? has anyone heard about that?
    I have not heard that. They probably would have called people already if they were doing one in August. That would be great though...

Forum Member

They usually call about one month neorealism start date. They also se up am orientation prior to tower start date. Definately can't be one in august. However I have heard that an academy is coming up in either September or October. Apparently some captains have been contacted about a September class!!!! I don't want to get hopes too up but that's great news!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default next academy

I just found this page today while trying to get some more info on the next lafd academy. I was scheduled for the July academy before it got canceled. I have been calling the personal guy every couple of weeks asking when the next academy is. Last week he told me to call him on monday july 20, as he was sending out an email to the finance department or whoever would approve the next academy, asking for a september academy. I called him and he said he didn't have any news yet, but his boss had a meeting friday july 24 with these people. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get a september academy.

On another note, the people that might be in this academy, where do you plan to live while in the academy. Will you live at home and commute or rent an apartment down there. Thanks for any help.
    Ben

Thread Information