Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

MembersZone Subscriber

Default background updates

Just wondering if anybody missed their background updates. I have been out of county working in central california for the past 3 weeks with Cal Fire and so I had to reschedule my first update and then cancel todays appointment. The guy I talked to told me I would just have to wait until they get around to having investigators start doing updates again, with no specific time frame for when that will happen. Just want to know if anyone else had the same sitiuation and if this is going to hurt us for getting into the next academy. I am hoping that since I was already scheduled for the academy, this wont hamper me getting in.
    Thanks for your help,
    Ben

Forum Member

Default Background update

Snwlover79
    Hope it works out for you, not making the background update. Just out of curiosity, did they give you an academy date in the past to prepare for, or is this update group the next academy. I have heard quite a few rumors about past academys being cancelled, and I was just wondering what your past experiences have been with this process. In addition I recieved a letter from the City, post updates offering a training assesment for anyone in the process. And I wanted to find out if they are extending that out to anyone who wants to come up or just those in this update group. According to my friends who are currently working for the City, they were not offered this assesment and had not even heard of this going on. Maybe just a new part of the process. Anyone know about this out there???

Forum Member

Has anyone in the final stages scheduled an orientation for the physical evaluation, or already taken it. I was curious what this is all about, what the 5 events consist of, and if there is any kind of weight behind it, even though the notice says it wont effect ones chances of getting hired. In addition, is there any way to get a hold of the fitness log needed for the orientation, or is that provided???

MembersZone Subscriber CelticCross09's Avatar

Default Fitness Log

Quote Originally Posted by Member81 View Post
    Has anyone in the final stages scheduled an orientation for the physical evaluation, or already taken it. I was curious what this is all about, what the 5 events consist of, and if there is any kind of weight behind it, even though the notice says it wont effect ones chances of getting hired. In addition, is there any way to get a hold of the fitness log needed for the orientation, or is that provided???
    I'm not sure what the answer to your question is, maybe someone else can help with that, but the fitness log is available on their website at the following link:

http://www.joinlafd.org/LAFD_Fitness_Brochure.pdf

Forum Member

Default CelticCross09

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Member81 View Post
    Hey, for some reason I can't reply to your PM, but I got the same information. I am going up there on the 14th or 15th (can't remember off hand). I am not really too sure about what we are doing but I figured it can only help. What day are you going to that?

Forum Member

Default Lafd

I am going to go on the 14th. I think its at 5pm. Other than that, let me know if you hear anything, and I will do the same.

Forum Member

Default Fitness Orientation

If you go to the fitness orientation you will find out all the information that we will need for the fitness sessions that they will be having.

Forum Member

Does anyone know when LAFD (City) will be hiring again? There website informed me that they (as many big cities are) are on a hiring freeze currently. Anyone know when that will be over and they will begin accepting applications again?

Thank you,
    SPFD17

Forum Member

Default Right on spitter

Have you already gone to this, and or a drill tower yet. Any other info on who what or when is the next academy???

MembersZone Subscriber

Member81: I was supposed to be in the July academy that got canceled. I received something about coming in to get updated on the whole process but I was still out of county and I missed that meeting also. What is the physical evaluation you are talking about, I got the book that Celtic gave you the link to when I did my psych evaluation with the psychologist, she gave it to me as I walked out the door. Are you talking about the medical physical evaluation?

Forum Member

Default Snwlover

The booklet I was talking about, was for the physical training portion of what the drill tower is, as far as I understand it. I recieved a notice in the mail regarding a time and date to schedule the orientaiton, which is on the 14th. As far as the letter is concerned, it was specific in that this does not help ones chance of getting hired by attending, but they way I see it, every little bit helps. Let me know if you need the info to schedule it, I can pass that along. If you dont mind I would like to chat a bit more about what happen with the academy which was cancelled. Let mew know if you have some time.
    Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Member81: I would love the info to schedule, but is that the only day they are doing it, I work sat, sun, mon, so that might not work for me, oh well.

I will give you all the info you want about the academy that was canceled. There's not much to it though. Ronald from personnel called me up and offered me a spot in the academy, I was bouncing off the walls excited. Then a week later he called and said do to the budget crisis, the academy was off, but I was still in the running for future academies. The main problem I see is that the april academy was also canceled. That means there are april and july candidates who all want to get into the next academy. I feel pretty good about getting in because I was invited to update my backgrounds (except for the fact that I missed them cause I was working). Right now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I get my background updated and get into the next academy cause I am ready to get this party started.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Last edited by snwlover79; 08-28-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: misspelling

Forum Member

I have not been to an information session about physical fitness. When I called I asked about details, and they told me that those who attend will find out all the information they will need to know about the training sessions.

snwlovr79: from my understanding Sept. 14 is the only day they are having the information session. I also updated my background, and my background investigator came to my house. I was told that she had to have my packet turned in by yesterday (thursday). You might want to call personnel to see what is going on with your background. You can not move on unless your background is updated by a background investigator.

hope that helps

MembersZone Subscriber

I was told I just had to wait for a background investigator to contact me when they get around to it. Hopefully they don't forget about me.

Forum Member

Default Spitter, and snwlover

Well I guess that means that if the backgrounds did not contact us or any references we are not moving on, regardless of updating our info. Thats good to hear and if anyone else has any info hopefully they will share that with everyone else.
    Snwlover, all you need to do is contact the recruitment division @ 3761 and set the appointment. Not 100% sure that is the only one, just check with that. Good luck.

Forum Member

I was also in the cancelled July tower. As far as updates now.. everyone that previously had an invite, should of received a call to update their backgrounds. From there... each person I believe is getting another investigator and making quick updates. When I talked to the person that gets the lists for academies.. he said they won't know for another month or so still and that it is looking like a January academy. That is the only information I have received..and sorry if everyone already knew this. Also.. as far as that fitness orientation thing goes.. when I talked to the guy.. he said it has no connection with the academies. Ha, which is good because between work, volunteering and paramedic school.. I don't have a day off.

Hope this info was helpful to some people.

Forum Member

Default Background Investigators

I am a little confused. I just called Personell and they said that no applications are being processed and NO background investigators are updating backgrounds.

Help me sort this out. Was personell just giving my a line of Bull?

Forum Member

Default irishmanned

I believe the only people who are moving forward are those who completed the final panel review as well as the med and psych, and needed to the update the background packet. If you are in that group then there should be some movement with your packet, if not then I think all others have been put on hold until further notice. Hope this helps out, let mew know.

Forum Member

Thanks that makes a lot of sense! I guess I will sit on the sidelines for a long while. I submitted my packet April 2009 and I hopefully will start moving through the process by April 2011 or I am out.

Thread Information