Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 44451525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A couple of questions

For those of you who maybe starting tower in January, how long ago did you take the written test?

Also, I've received a couple of emails from an lafdrecruiter, Lamorris Wilcher, about being updated on this site and through twitter (http://twitter.com/lafdrecruiter) about the latest and most accurate information, but there hasn't been any posts on twitter since Oct. 2nd. Has anybody seen any recent updates from her on Firehouse or anywhere else?

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks emmex510, that is some good info.

gonza80, i really feel like I took my written test about 2 years ago, but honestly it has been such a long process, I don't remember how long ago it actually was.

I got someone to work my saturday this week, so as long as a fire or staffing pattern doesn't break out I plan on being there this week.

I am just curious if anyone is interested in renting an apartment. I plan on it but it may be wise to bring a couple other people in to lessen the burden on everyone. Let me know if you are interested.
    Ben

Default Backgrounds for LA City

I was wondering if anybody could give me some information about the background investigation at LA City. I took the oral and passed in April 09 and was given a packet. The personnel guy said that I would be contacted by an investigator, but I have not yet. I recently talked to the city, but they said everything is frozen. Just wondering if this info is correct, or if the city is confused too. Is there anything I should be doing with LA City besides waiting? Please help if you can. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

unfortunatly there is nothing to do except wait. I may possibly be in the January academy, but they are even telling me to wait and see if I am one of the 50 or so people selected to be in this academy. I am guessing if you haven't done your background or your psych yet, you may be in for a bit of a wait. They are telling us the January academy will be the only one for this fiscal year. Hopefully they can use that time to start moving you through the process, but they are not confused, every step of the process in on a slowdown, if not a complete hold. Good luck, I have been in this process for coming up on two years, but if we make it, it will all be worth it.
    Ben

Default LA City Backgrounds

Thanks a lot Ben. I figured I would just have to wait, and hopefully you are right that I can at least get going in the process so that in a year or so possibly get into the academy. I guess if you've been waiting for two years, I should expect roughly the same thing. Thanks again and good luck for the January academy.

Forum Member

Looks there might be hope for the LAFD, from a Bill that was passed by the House for Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants . The money is used to maintain adequate staffing.

Check the Union website under: http://uflac.org/index.cfm?section=1

October 23, 2009
    Bul 44 - 09

Federal Dollars for Fire Departments

Also:http://www.iaff.org/09News/101909SAFER.htm
    Last edited by nots4u2001; 10-27-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Forum Member

That was really helpfull news thanks for posting it!

MembersZone Subscriber

any news on when they'll start calling ppl for the Jan academy?

MembersZone Subscriber

I talked to the personnel office two days ago and he said he still hasn't received word on who is in the academy or when they will know who will be in it so they can start making calls. He said is just waiting for the go ahead to start notifying people.

MembersZone Subscriber

I also looked at this link, http://twitter.com/lafdrecruiter that gonzo80 up above posted. There is some exciting info on there.

Forum Member

Default Academy

Just wanted to pass on some information. The Jan. 4 academy has been postponed. I know a lot of candidates were hoping for this academy. I was as well because my oral interview expires soon.

Forum Member

Default Orals

I took my oral April 1 2009. I got a letter from personel saying that my eligibility on the hiring list will expire April 1 2011. It also states I may take the interview again one(1) year from the date of my last interview. Does that mean my interview expires April 1 2010?

Forum Member

No way!!!!! Man that sucks so bad! Where did you hear the news from?

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, as always, you really need to tell us where you got this info. This is enough of a roller coaster ride without unfounded info being thrown around. Please let us know where you got this info.
    thanks
    Ben

whats up Matt from witch creek.

Forum Member

I understand it's been a rollercoaster. I'm in the same position as you. Trying to figure out what's going. I got the info from the LAFD recruitment office. I called and asked about the academy and that's what I was told.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fair enough, I am going to call personnel on Monday.

Forum Member

Call the recruitment office as well.

Forum Member

Whats up Ben, great shift the other day, goodtimes. So whats the new rumor, academy is off again? Keep us all posted after you contact personnel on Monday

Forum Member

Unhappy

Hey everybody, for all those who were attending the fitness orientation sessions looks like the remaining two have been canceled. An email was sent out by recruit services that also stated, it is uncertain when the next Recruit Class will be scheduled. Big let down for all of us so close. Hopefully another academy date will be announced soon.

Forum Member

Default Hope it is minor

I hope this is just a minor delay maybe we will get a class in Feb. or Mar. They have to hire at some point - My eligibility will in end in May I got 6 months left getting close. Good luck to everyone!!!

Thread Information