Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

Thumbs down Not good!

Just when you think there is an end this! http://www.dailynews.com/ci_14299292?source=rss_viewed. It says the mayor is going to fight for LAFD but it sounds like he is more for LAPD and a safer city. Time to put an application in with PD. I'm wondering if they can save the city some money and carry over my 95% on the interview and the money they spent on my backround.Just kidding
    Last edited by sixthehard; 01-31-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Forum Member

Default lafd

i know it makes no sense but that is what they are telling us. it is not the department but the civil service exam rules.

Forum Member

Red face Lafd

No doubt it's not LAFD, but the City. As you see LA City is not in good shape. I know we all want to be LAFD, but things just aren't going our way on this one.

I met some good guys at the Sat. prep sessions in Oct. and Nov. It was feeling soooo real you could almost taste it. But things just are the way they are. If it's meant to be we'll be invited to the July tower (if it happens). If not, there are a lot of great departments that will be hiring soon and don't have the politics or the financial woes of the city.

Don't give up!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys, sorry to hear all the bad news. Am in the same boat as you guys, hang in their it will happen. This is a little off subject, but does anyone happen to know when Glendale Fire Department will be testing. I missed their last recruitment, and I would really like to test for them. Thanks I'd appreciate it.

Robert

MembersZone Subscriber

Also, does anyone happen to know when LAFD will be testing again. Am not currently in the process. Thanks again.

Robert

Forum Member

Default LAFD Info

There's a real good guy, Captain Wilcher of LAFD. He's got a twitter account going. http://twitter.com/lafdrecruiter. He's answered that question a million times. Looks like things will pick back up in March, as per his twitter site, but he also said you never know with the current climate with the city. Check it out and scroll through past posts. He keeps everyone updated on conditions as he finds them out.

Forum Member

Lightbulb Oral date

It seems like it my be helpfull for everyone involved if we post our oral dates and what date you finished your final Medical exam and what academy you where slated for (if you where) when we post. That way people that have not completed the process can get a good idea on what lead time is needed to be considered for any upcoming academy. It is just a thought. As in life, it is all about timing!

Forum Member

Default Oral date

Has anyone looking at this blog gone thru the entire process including a medical exam and been promised a spot in an upcoming academy with an oral date post Jan 2009?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishmanned View Post
    Has anyone looking at this blog gone thru the entire process including a medical exam and been promised a spot in an upcoming academy with an oral date post Jan 2009?
    That is impossible per the circumstances and time frames of the process. If you meant Jan 2008, then yes there are people. People with Jan 09 interviews didnt even get a background done. I had an interview in sept 08 and I didnt even finish my BG at that was in March

Forum Member

Thumbs down Time Frame

I was interviewed Feb. 08, Offered July 09 academy.

Looks like bad news has gotten worse. LA City Council is now considering laying off Police and Fire. Unreal! If they do, I can't imagine they'll be in a position to hire at all this year.

Forum Member

Default time frame

interviewed july 30th 2008 had medical may 2009 and was supposed to be in academy in july and then january.

Forum Member

Default Interview April 2009/ started initial panel review

Here is my info. Man things could not look worse!

Forum Member

Forum Member

Default Wow

The city has some tough decisions.

Forum Member

I am a fireman from the last class that LAFD hired and am praying to keep my job.

Forum Member

Unhappy Fire Layoffs?

Has there been talk of fireman losing there jobs or firehouses permanently decresing staffing levels?

Forum Member

Default Any info out there?

I tried calling personnel to see if I could find the latest news only to get nowhere quick and here a dozen times "there is no process sir" I also asked if I would expire on my two year oral mark to find "we don't know what the process will be". Has anyone officially heard if we will be terminated on the two year mark from the oral? I am mostly inquiring about anyone in the cancelled July or Jan class, I hope they tell us one way or the other in a letter or something for some peace of mind, this whole economy crash and being on the first line of layoff's is puke garbage...

Forum Member

I took the last written they had and got a letter saying I passed but they put interviews on hold. Does the written expire just like the oral expires? Or, when they start interviewing again, whenever that may be, will they call those that already passed written? Thanks and good luck.

Forum Member

I dont think you need to take the written again but who knows it seems their coming out with a new process.. Not good news for those that are about to expire.

John 15:13

I got a letter from LAFD this week about "hard economic times and the cancellation of all planned towers".

I know that this isn't really news to anyone but thought it was interesting that they formally sent out a letter on it.

By the way, I was frozen in backgrounds.

Thread Information