Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

Forum Member

Default Lafd hiring freeze

I received the same letter. It was vague. What happens when the list expires? I was told our score still is good. We just have to do a new oral board. Do we lose our current ranking on the list and have to do a new background investigation?

Forum Member

Last I heard LAFD had two hiring seminars. I was told by a friend that wanted to attend, I told him I don't believe it, they are in no possition. He attended one and say they intend on hiring in about a years time. I suppose LA is anticipating either an economic recovery or they will do what is necessary to get the funds.

Forum Member

Default LAFD hiring freeze

What about the people on the current list? Will they extend it? Do we have to take the test again and start the whole process over because of the economy? That makes no sense. How can they look to new applicants when they have an established list with people ready to go? It is a waste of time and money for the city of L.A. to have a new test.

John 15:13

The letter says that if you expire on the list you expire. There is no mention of extensions.

Forum Member

Last edited by leftrightlayO; 12-30-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Forum Member

It would be a lot less expensive and time consuming to update someone from a current list than to start all over again with new applicants.

Forum Member

It does not look like LAFD will be hiring anytime soon. Also, the last oral interviews were given April 2009. If there is no tower by April 2011, there will be no one on the hiring list because everyone will have expired from their oral interviews. When that time comes they will have to either extend people and update backgrounds, or open up the oral interviews for those who have expired to start the process over again.

Forum Member

Sad to not see the LAFD thread on the first page like it was for so long. Only a few more months before everyone expires on the list, I'm done in January 2011. So once everyone is expired and they open the process up again it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. So many people want to work for LAFD that this initial opening of the process is gonna have tons of applicants trying to get on. I can't wait.

Forum Member

Default LAFD process

Quote Originally Posted by Silent8404 View Post
    Sad to not see the LAFD thread on the first page like it was for so long. Only a few more months before everyone expires on the list, I'm done in January 2011. So once everyone is expired and they open the process up again it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. So many people want to work for LAFD that this initial opening of the process is gonna have tons of applicants trying to get on. I can't wait.
    Can the LAFD extend the list due to the economic conditions? Will our test scores be used for the next application period?

Forum Member

Default Good side

Hey guys, Look on the bright side, the County is still hiring. 2 Classes a year budgeted till 2013!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ckfireck View Post
    Hey guys, Look on the bright side, the County is still hiring. 2 Classes a year budgeted till 2013!
    Yea, if you make it through the lottery.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

Default The Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBob View Post
    Yea, if you make it through the lottery.

I am lucky to be so fortunate. I won the lottery

Forum Member

I see on this site that LA FD is hiring and the closing date is the 31st. Does anyone know if this is really taking place and if so where do you go to apply?

Forum Member

Exclamation Rumors!

Lamorris Wilcher with lafd recruiting is hearing good rumors!

( http://twitter.com/lafdrecruiter )

Check it out guys there may be light at the end of the tunnel!

Forum Member

Default Hiring!

Guess what. LAFD is hiring July 2011. It is time for us to figure out what the process will be when that happens!

Forum Member

Default Retirements

Here is some info on the drop enrollees for the past quater. It breaks it down into positions, it gives those ones in the hiring process hope for the future.

http://ens.lacity.org/lafd/lafdrepor...9_07282010.pdf

Forum Member

Default hiring

i heard the other week that LAFD is planning on hiring in the next year...i was down at Frank Hotchkins and this is what one of the recruiters told me...not sure if you guys already knew about this, but thought i'd pass it along...i was a big follower of this website before i got hired with LAFD and if i hear any other info i will try to pass it along to all of you. the recruiter said that they were planning on running a class thru in april...but told me things change every week. best of luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Default April Academy

Thanks for the info. I think I was in the last group to get an oral completed in April of 2009. I hope they run a class in April. Cross the fingers Hope to God!

Forum Member

Smile Academy

An april class would be great, I also was in the april oral's. I remember during the last info session they mention they need at least 6 months to prepare for the next class. So if the next class might be in april things should start moving soon.

Forum Member

"The letter says that if you expire on the list you expire. There is no mention of extensions. "

Where can we ask about the extension or is there any extension?

---------------
    Calor Folded Notes
    Last edited by carrycorrie; 02-16-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Thread Information