proposed timeline of the future hiring process with LAFD
Information recently posted on the internet by a recruiter from LAFD
"The Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) will test later this year for the “Entry Level Firefighter” Position. As of today pending on the budget it looks like LAFD will do the following:
• Hire approximately 210 - 230 Firefighters (+ or -)
• Open the application process in the October 2012 time frame.
• Written exam will be in November or December 2012.
• Interview process will be in January or Feb
•The LAFD Fire Academy will start in September 2013 approx 60-70 Firefighters per class, total of 4 classes.
• LAFD will hire approx 100 firefighters or hire per attrition each year after. (pending budget)
• LAFD will test every 2-3 years after the 2012 written exam.
Note: Info can change I just want you to start getting your calendar ready and let your family know what the process looks like. AGAIN things can change."