Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1216
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LAFD applicants

  1. #141

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy Help!

    I had an interview with LAFD yesterday, has anyone gone through the process recently with LAFD? Couldn't get a read from the panel as to how well I did. I was given a form to hand to a staff member and the form had a "2" on it. The staff member had two boxes, one with a 2 and one with a 3. The 2 packet was given to me and it just stated that my results will be sent via mail. Does anyone know about this and what is in the 3 box? I felt my interview went really well, however, I'm just waiting in anticipation and it is unclear as to how the panel felt. Anyone out there know anyone or has gone through this? Thank you!


  2. #142
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    I just got the call!!!

    Going to Med/Psych next week. I'm in shock right now...can't believe the dream is finally coming true.

    Thanks for everyone's help on here.

  3. #143
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gladis99 View Post
    I had an interview with LAFD yesterday, has anyone gone through the process recently with LAFD? Couldn't get a read from the panel as to how well I did. I was given a form to hand to a staff member and the form had a "2" on it. The staff member had two boxes, one with a 2 and one with a 3. The 2 packet was given to me and it just stated that my results will be sent via mail. Does anyone know about this and what is in the 3 box? I felt my interview went really well, however, I'm just waiting in anticipation and it is unclear as to how the panel felt. Anyone out there know anyone or has gone through this? Thank you!
    I don't remember any boxes but did they give you a packet or a card? In other words, if they gave you a background packet you should have been directed to go to another room and schedule a background interview. If you were just given a slip and not sent to schedule a background interview then unfortunately, that means you did not move on. Hopefully, you got the packet.

  4. #144
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emmex510 View Post
    I just got the call!!!

    Going to Med/Psych next week. I'm in shock right now...can't believe the dream is finally coming true.

    Thanks for everyone's help on here.
    Congrats emmex!! It's kinda surreal isn't it?

  5. #145
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    LA City has you complete a written psych evaluation. If the psych doc is satisfied with the profile youíre finished with this step. If they want to know more they will schedule an interview with the doc. Some do. It doesnít mean youíre in trouble or being DQíd. They just want to know more.

    Most candidates are more than surprised when I tell them up to 40% fail the psychological test given by many departments. You can find out more about the psych evaluation process in this previous Firehouse.com article: http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/...me-Out/8$51941

    "Captain Bob" www.eatstress.com

  6. #146
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gladis99 View Post
    I had an interview with LAFD yesterday, has anyone gone through the process recently with LAFD? Couldn't get a read from the panel as to how well I did. I was given a form to hand to a staff member and the form had a "2" on it. The staff member had two boxes, one with a 2 and one with a 3. The 2 packet was given to me and it just stated that my results will be sent via mail. Does anyone know about this and what is in the 3 box? I felt my interview went really well, however, I'm just waiting in anticipation and it is unclear as to how the panel felt. Anyone out there know anyone or has gone through this? Thank you!

    You said they gave you a 2 package, is this 2 package about 10-15 pages of paperwork stapled together that says LAFD background check? Cause if not, it sounds like you did not move on. I was handed the same card as yours and it had a 2 and a 3 on it, I am not sure which number was checked on mine because they told me to go to room 510 and when I went there they gave me my background package, I think they probably have me on camera jumping up and down, so I forgat which number was checked on my card. So I hope your paperwork says LAFD background check on it.

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Thank you for your help! Good luck to all of you!

  8. #148
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    eyeatus how did your med and psych go?

  9. #149
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmortaza View Post
    eyeatus how did your med and psych go?
    Long...very long. The medical took about an hour or so and the psych test took roughly 4-5 hours! It's over so now I wait yet again...hoping for the good news shortly. How did you fair? You were taking it the same day, right?

  10. #150
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I got the call last Friday that I passed the Final Review Board and I am going in for my Med on the 26th. I was just curious to see if anyone knew the schedule of upcoming drill towers and also if after the med exam chances are you will go to the next drill tower or is it still a waiting game?
    Thanks

  11. #151
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Mine was about the same....that psych test took forever. But I'll keep you updated if I hear anything. I was talking to some of the people there and they said unlike all the PD applicants we only meet with a psychologist if they have questions about our answers. Did you hear the same?

  12. #152
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    It went well...just really long. I'll keep you updated on if I hear anything or not. I talked to some of the people there are they were telling me that Fire applicants only have to meet with the psychologist if they have any questions on your answers. Is that what you heard to?

  13. #153
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Yea I had mine on the same day. It went well, just really long. I'll keep you updated on my status.

  14. #154
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fmr0311Sgt View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I got the call last Friday that I passed the Final Review Board and I am going in for my Med on the 26th. I was just curious to see if anyone knew the schedule of upcoming drill towers and also if after the med exam chances are you will go to the next drill tower or is it still a waiting game?
    Thanks
    The next drill tower is in San Pedro and is supposed to start either sometime near the end of the month or beginning of October. The one following that is in December out in Panorama City. As for your chances, I guess at this point unless you have a medical issue or they deem "psychologically unfit" you should be good. I heard the next class is full so this may be for the December tower.

  15. #155
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hey emmex, I got your email but for some reason I can't reply to it. PM me or email me directly at eyeateus@yahoo.com

    Good luck tomorrow!

  16. #156
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    32

    Default time lines

    Hi everyone,

    First of all, CONGRATS to the few of you who have made it past the final panel! I am currently waiting to hear back from the final panel and as you guys are well aware I'm pulling my hair out waiting! I was wondering if all of you guys who have made it past this part would post a "time-line" of your process, therefore I might be able to get some sort of idea of how much longer I have to wait to find out the final panels decision.

    any help insight would be great! Once again, congrats to all of you!

  17. #157
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I unfortunately did not go any further in this pocess. I'll just have to better myself and prepare for the next go-around.
    Last edited by xsheen2x; 01-24-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  18. #158
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Sorry to hear that xsheenx. At least when you re-apply it will be somewhat of a quicker process since you don't have to do the written portion again. My advice (you probably already know) is to advance your career path whether it be more certs, classes, volunteering, emt work, community service, etc. to show you are proactively working towards your goal and thus it would be something you can use in your next Oral Board.

    Good luck.

  19. #159
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    36

    Default LAFD Final Review Panel

    hey everyone,

    I am currently waiting for the final review panel to make a decision for Los Angeles City Fire. I received the letter that said I passed the background investigation in August and it said that I would hear something within 4-6 weeks. My background only took 3 weeks which I have been told was extremely quick. On the final day of week 6 I called the Personnel Department and was told that the Final Review Panel is taking their time with offer letters. I was told to expect 8-12 weeks before I hear anything.
    Would anyone be able to tell me what is involved with the medical exam? Is there a VO2 max test? Is the VO2 on a treadmill or bike? Lung capacity test?
    I am assuming they collect a urine sample.
    To the candidates that have already taken the psych and med test; are they scheduled on the same day or will it happen just like the previous parts of this process and one item per month?

    Good luck to everyone out there. Keep working hard.

  20. #160
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bica2422 View Post
    hey everyone,

    I am currently waiting for the final review panel to make a decision for Los Angeles City Fire. I received the letter that said I passed the background investigation in August and it said that I would hear something within 4-6 weeks. My background only took 3 weeks which I have been told was extremely quick. On the final day of week 6 I called the Personnel Department and was told that the Final Review Panel is taking their time with offer letters. I was told to expect 8-12 weeks before I hear anything.
    Would anyone be able to tell me what is involved with the medical exam? Is there a VO2 max test? Is the VO2 on a treadmill or bike? Lung capacity test?
    I am assuming they collect a urine sample.
    To the candidates that have already taken the psych and med test; are they scheduled on the same day or will it happen just like the previous parts of this process and one item per month?

    Good luck to everyone out there. Keep working hard.
    I would hang tight until you get that call!! If you are scheduled for your medical and psych, you will take both the same day. Expect to be there for about 6-8 hours. The medical portion of the exam does not include a bike or treadmill stress test but you will take a resting EKG and lung capacity test. Everything else is pretty standard physical exam type stuff...blood/urine test, hearing, vision, mobility, etc. The process speeds up quite a bit after your conditional job offer...good luck!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 10-18-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2002, 07:57 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 04-21-02
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2002, 06:49 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 12-26-01
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2001, 02:43 PM
  4. LAFD HazMat Investigation - June 16
    By webteam in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2001, 11:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts