Default Firefighter & Police Officer

Hey,

New to the site. I searched but found nothing. Is it possible to work as a firefighter and police officer? Im in college right now for criminal justice but ive been a call firefighter at the local station for about two months now and i really like it.

Forum Member

Our department (volunteer) has two members that are members of Philly PD and the other is a member of the local PD.

Forum Member
    Last edited by ltkeith25; 09-11-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Forum Member

Lightbulb Fd/pd

In Ashwaubenon Wi, you can be both during the same shift. They are a public safety dept-only one in Wisconsin. I don't know if there are any more in the U.S. Here's their website: http://www.ashpublicsafety.com/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by unouno View Post
    Hey,

New to the site. I searched but found nothing. Is it possible to work as a firefighter and police officer? Im in college right now for criminal justice but ive been a call firefighter at the local station for about two months now and i really like it.
    Glad to see someone else majoring in CJ. For the most part, it isn't bad, but it has its moments. Are you going for an Associates or Bachelors? I'm finishing up my Bachelors this year and applying for Graduate school. Yes, it is possible to be both; either at a volly dept. or at a combination public service department that does both. Good luck!
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Ontario Airport***Ontario, CA
    About 60 miles east of Los Angeles
    Part of the Los Angeles World Airport Corporation

AZFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltkeith25 View Post
    In Ashwaubenon Wi, you can be both during the same shift. They are a public safety dept-only one in Wisconsin. I don't know if there are any more in the U.S. Here's their website: http://www.ashpublicsafety.com/
    Sunnyvale, CA, runs as a DPS (Dept of Public Safety). You go to both the Police and Fire Academies, and switch roles between PO and FF on a regular basis. Starting pay is near 6-figures...but don't let that get you all fired up... a 6-figure salary in the Sunnyvale area is like making $40k in the rest of the world. If you don't mind a commute, though, you could be living very comfortably...
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Let's talk fire trucks!

Blackman Twp, MI is a public safety department also. What I know about them is limited to what a couple of the guys at work told me about them - both of them worked for Blackman prior to moving south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Glad to see someone else majoring in CJ. For the most part, it isn't bad, but it has its moments. Are you going for an Associates or Bachelors? I'm finishing up my Bachelors this year and applying for Graduate school. Yes, it is possible to be both; either at a volly dept. or at a combination public service department that does both. Good luck!
    right now im going for my associates..two years of community college then im going to transfer to a state school and go for my bachelors. I live in Mass and i havent heard if any public safety departments in this state

Thread Information