Thread: Fall/Halloween

Forum Member

Default Fall/Halloween

Do any of your departments/posts do any type of fall festival or halloween type festival?

Forum Member

We have our crew that comes to the hall to man it from 6-12 give out candy and stuff to the children who come in. Thats about the closest thing.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

We have our open house during the first week of October (fire prevention week). We always seem to have some good fall weather going when that heppens. We usually man a promotional booth for the explorer post and run the smoke trailer. Sometimes we might send someone over for BPs and glucose checks as well.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    We have our open house during the first week of October (fire prevention week). We always seem to have some good fall weather going when that heppens. We usually man a promotional booth for the explorer post and run the smoke trailer. Sometimes we might send someone over for BPs and glucose checks as well.
    Speaking of this... we need to talk Cap. I was thinking about adding something in... you'll like it. Check your PMs.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    ditto.......

Forum Member

We decorate the entire station and make a haunted house out of the bays. Construction starts first thing that morning and tear down is right after trick or treating. We get over 2000 visitors. It is insane.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Yeah, my post does absolutely nothing for Halloween. The only holiday we do stuff for is around Christmas time, we have an explorer get together.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    We decorate the entire station and make a haunted house out of the bays. Construction starts first thing that morning and tear down is right after trick or treating. We get over 2000 visitors. It is insane.
    A department in the area has made a huge fund raiser out of a giant haunted house in their basement. It stays up all year and runs every Friday Saturday and Sunday for a few weeks before Halloween. If I had to take a guess I would say at least 1000 people are there a night, and not just kids.

Forum Member

We have talked about taking donations. We give out candy and all is free.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We do our annual pumpkin patrol. We get crews for as many pieces of apparatus as we can, and then we hit the streets. We give out candy in al the neighborhoods we drive through, and just help keep an eye on the kids. Plus it's a great PR detail, and the parent's love us coming out, it makes them feel that their kids are safer when they see the police and fire departments out actively keeping an eye on things.

Thread Information